Welcome, Guest

Confessing some of my secrets
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Confessing some of my secrets 20797 Views

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 29 Feb 2012 16:40 #133955

• have2changeNOW
  • Current streak: 64 days
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you Yosef Hatzadik

I think I need a hug and that felt good! 

But maybe my self esteem is lower than I think - cuz I'm wondering - why did Yosef Hatzadik say that?  Does he say that to all the addicts getting in the recovery plan.  Well - one of my newer attitudes is to think about the underlying reasons a bit less - and just do the GOOD action.  . . . so THANKS FOR THE VERBAL HUG. 

Sorry if this is wishy washy - just lettin' some private thoughts seep out.

KOP!
H2CNOW
Last Edit: by .

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 29 Feb 2012 17:48 #133969

why did the addict cross the road?  To get to the other wifi.
Recovery in 6 words:  Trust H".  Clean House.  Help others.

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 29 Feb 2012 18:02 #133974

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
ontheedgeman wrote on 29 Feb 2012 17:48:

why did the addict cross the road?  To get to the other wifi.

huh?
?שייכות
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 29 Feb 2012 18:56 #133982

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You know...the other WiFi...the unfiltered one.... :o :o
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 01 Mar 2012 22:16 #134048

• Hashem Yaasfeni
Is "VNahafoch Hu" in there somewhere in the name ??

Appropriate for Purim coming up.....

BTW all, i started w GYE and being clean since Sukkos am looking forward to getting to the next big Yom Tov Pesach, and then at the end crossing The River to the other side  !!!!! YYOOHOOO  Free at last.... Free at Last...  (MLK jr)

All of course, one humble day at a time.....with The Almi--ty's help...

I love you HKB"H and all you tzadikim at GYE....

HY

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 02 Mar 2012 15:32 #134087

• have2changeNOW
  • Expert Boarder
Hello Hashem Yassfeni,

That is awesome that you have achieved that sobriety, B"H!!    Any more info/advice about how and what helped?  This is  a good moment for me to ask a GYE technical question - how do i find someone's thread from the start.  I imagine its likely that your story of addiction and recovery is best described in your own thread.  Sorry for a 'dumb' technical question - but I'm not sure about how to go about that.  Would like to read more about the gadols in this holy Chevra.

I do have some feedback about the names - but super busy today - bli  neder will get to post that later!

Be matzliach!  and Good Shabbos!

Have2changeNOW

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 02 Mar 2012 15:48 #134088

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The easiest way is to click on the person's name to get to their profile. Then click on "show posts". You will see all the posts they have made on the forum, in reverse order. Go to the last one, that's the first post they ever made.

Good Shabbos and Keep On Hummering!!!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 02 Mar 2012 18:33 #134097

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
just checking in H2,
have a great shabbos!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 02 Mar 2012 19:23 #134101

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Some ppl have a link to it in their signiture  8) .

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 03 Mar 2012 21:58 #134132

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
And some people have a link to it in the icon of the earth under their avatar. You will find other icon-links there to send a PM, to send an email, and to see their profile.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 05 Mar 2012 20:02 #134261

• have2changeNOW
  • Expert Boarder
Hello All  - thanks for the help to find the earlier posts.  Very helpful to see some peoples 'story' and path towards sobriety/recovery.  IY"H by all of us - including me  :D

As for the name, TZ, my spelling that you commented about "You left out the "G" before the "NFL"" - I was subconsciously showing my love of football!

Hashem Yaasfeni - I love your Purim reference, and the upside down 'turn yourself around' message is great - but my Hebrew is just not good enough yet, and I'm sure I'd mangle that spelling daily . . .

Gevura Shebyesod - the H2CN space molecule is nice - we should all be bright stars - clean and shiny, free from ALL acting out. . .

Sof Sof: for those of you who go way back to my first posts, about 6 weeks ago -  "Have2changeNOW"  is already a big improvement over my original posting name of "trying4awhile".  Remembering that I Have to change NOW!  states the reality of my addicted behavior.  It has even helped save me from a near fall back in the beginning of my posting.  So,  I love nicknames, H2, H2CN, or the longer versions too, but if you'll all bear with me pls, have2changeNOW still fits the bill for me.  Maybe, pls G-d I'll to change "didn'tactoutinverylongtime" one of these days >>> ;D

OK - you guys are the greatest!  and it looks like we have a bunch of newbies on board to try and help!  let's got work!

Be matzliach
Have2changeNOW

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 06 Mar 2012 11:32 #134290

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Have2changeNOW wrote on 05 Mar 2012 20:02:

Maybe, pls G-d I'll to change "didn'tactoutinverylongtime" one of these days

how would you define "verylongtime"? cuz according to what you used to, you didn't act out in an extreeeeeeeeeeeeeemely looooooooooooooooooooong tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! and we as your gye family are very very very very very very very very very very very very very very [i didn't use copy paste on that i actually typed it all out] proud of you!
Chazak v'ematz NFL Fan! [we'll leave your name at that for the moment]

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 06 Mar 2012 16:36 #134299

• have2changeNOW
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks TZ

That felt great!!!  And gave me a big boost this morning, and then again on re-reads.  That is so good about this GYE Chevra - that we are no longer fighting the battles and/or making the progress all alone, in our own secret world, but we have encouragement and advice from Yidden who have their own similar struggles, great knowledge, and care!

On that note - I expanded from scotch and bought a bottle of WOODFORD for Purim in honor of the holy GYE Chevra!  Yasher Koach and L'Chaim!

All the best
Be Matzliach,
NFL NOW

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 06 Mar 2012 16:40 #134300

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
An important step in making recovery real (as per Dov) is to go by your real first name. I'm sure TZ can find you a link to the multitude of posts where this is discussed at length (not that a lot of people here heed that advice, anyways).
But what do you say, NOTMYREALNAMECAUSEILIVEINAFANTASYWORLD guy?
Are u splitting your persona in two by hiding behind a gibberish of a name? The idea of recovery is to heal the great divide between our real selves and the persona we take on when we act out.
Anyone else shares this sentiment, or is it one of those Dov's toirois that we kinda know about but pretend to be oblivious?
Mottel
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Confessing some of my secrets 06 Mar 2012 16:57 #134301

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
obormottel wrote on 06 Mar 2012 16:40:

An important step in making recovery real (as per Dov) is to go by your real first name. I'm sure TZ can find you a link to the multitude of posts where this is discussed at length (not that a lot of people here heed that advice, anyways).
But what do you say, NOTMYREALNAMECAUSEILIVEINAFANTASYWORLD guy?
Are u splitting your persona in two by hiding behind a gibberish of a name? The idea of recovery is to heal the great divide between our real selves and the persona we take on when we act out.
Anyone else shares this sentiment, or is it one of those Dov's toirois that we kinda know about but pretend to be oblivious?
Mottel

Listen my dear friend Reb Mottel, MR.NOTMYREALNAMEHAVETOCHANGENOW happens to be a devoted disciple of Dov, and many people here on the forums know him by his real name, the forums aren't his only venue of recovery...
love you mottel- how about cooking the guy some buckwheat varnishkes to make up- I'll go turn on the ovens...
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes