Welcome, Guest

hello my friends....
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: hello my friends.... 101458 Views

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 03:44 #368333

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote on 11 May 2021 03:36:
All good things must come to an end…
I’m so embarrassed but I have to do this…
I fell last night
don’t have time for a detailed post. But it’s been building up for a while. A confluence of stress factors in my life, slacking off on being vigilant in these inyanim, and generally falling into feelings of loneliness and isolation again. Slowly circling the drain, risking more peeks, looking at “borderline” material. Not being careful about touching. Letting myself fantasize about people I see. A few days ago I had an intense wet dream, the first one in years. That should have been a warning sign that things were getting out of hand. And last night I just let go and M. 
ok time to get back in the truck. Pump up the tires, check the brakes, clean the windows (maybe that’s not such a good idea…)
hayom Yom echad…

Oh wow that's so courageous to post that!
I have no words. 
I guess it's a lesson for all of us...

Thanks for sharing.
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 04:06 #368335

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
I have no words...
please don't keep sliding down. You have over 7 years a streak, don't let this fall get you down. Stay strong for all of us here.
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 04:13 #368336

Maybe others will disagree w my eitzah but...

don't worry about it. 

Keep on going from where you left off
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 05:05 #368340

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
We can't even call it a fall. We call it a fall when someone is trying to accomplish something. Struggling and eventually succumbing. That's a fall. 

You didn't fall. You are one of the most elite warriors in this war. Sacrifices for hashem daily for years. A true eved hashem. 

You are in control always. Continue your stellar growth and inspiration. A small hiccup is just a hiccup. 

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 05:53 #368342

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I fell last night
don’t have time for a detailed post. But it’s been building up for a while. A confluence of stress factors in my life, slacking off on being vigilant in these inyanim, and generally falling into feelings of loneliness and isolation again. Slowly circling the drain, risking more peeks, looking at “borderline” material. Not being careful about touching. Letting myself fantasize about people I see. A few days ago I had an intense wet dream, the first one in years. That should have been a warning sign that things were getting out of hand. And last night I just let go and M. 
ok time to get back in the truck. Pump up the tires, check the brakes, clean the windows (maybe that’s not such a good idea…)
hayom Yom echad…

1. You have been and remain a tremendous inspiration for myself as well as for many others here.
2. You say that “all great things must come to an end.” May yes maybe no. But this my friend, is not the end. This isn’t just a “good thing.” 
You have transformed yourself into a person of Kedusha.
You fell, that’s ok you’re human. This is not the end.
3. As someone who personally fell off a large streak and have had a hard time since, I am greatly moved and inspired by your sudden willingness to jump back up.  
Besides Gevura Shebyesod. This is Gevura SHEB’GVURA!
Last Edit: 11 May 2021 05:55 by yeshivaguy.

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 10:35 #368343

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you all for the words of chizuk. So far back on track. Its been a slow slide for a long time and I was just letting myself get away with it. think I needed this fall to wake me up to get back on my game. 
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 11:17 #368347

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
In yiddishkeit it is not "all or nothing" buddy. Nothing came to an "end". We are all real people. Human. Imperfect and vulnerable. Why is this different than one who worked successfully for years on shmiras halashon, and then due to a family fight or whatever, slipped and spoke lashon hara once or twice? Or spoke in his tefillin, or spoke during davening, or missed zman krias shma, or anything else that a guy took on as a project in his avodas Hashem.

So tzaddik, who has been there for all of us and has inspired so many, while you bandage your wounds, enjoy the view from 7 years of hiking up Everest.

P.S. Your courage to post about this humbles all of us. You are a real hero. May Hashem remove the stresses that led up to this and give you menuchas hanefesh.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 11:25 #368348

• cordnoy
I fell last night
hayom Yom echad…

That does take real gevurah!

Godspeed to you my friend.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 16:10 #368366

• shaul5781
  • Junior Boarder
I don't think it's the end, but the beginning or the continuation of something much better !!  Success is in never giving up, and you are an example of that.  We will always be here for whatever you need!

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 16:25 #368369

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
If I may question this whole concept of counting days...
If we use it as a tool to change bad habits, that's great. But the count is in no way an indicator of the person. 
You can be at day one and be much better off than someone that's on day 1000 ... 
My humble opinion is to really rethink the way we use and view these counts... 

Feel free to agree and disagree 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: hello my friends.... 11 May 2021 20:31 #368380

• bm263
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for sharing, Gevura.

Your honesty gives me a push to be honest with myself.

Besides Gevura Shebyesod. This is Gevura SHEB’GVURA!

I'm not an expert in sefiros, but I do believe that Gevura Sheb'Malchus (today) is actually a more appropriate sign for this admission.

Chazal teach us that Yehuda was given Melucha because he admitted when he was wrong. Shaul's real mistake was that he failed to admit when he made a mistake, so he lost the kingship, whereas Dovid readily admitted. The sign of true Malchus is not hesitating to admit our failures. 

I am not suggesting a name change, just pointing out the divine orchestration here.

Onward!
Last Edit: 11 May 2021 20:34 by bm263.

Re: hello my friends.... 14 May 2021 16:24 #368594

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
I fell last night
hayom Yom echad…

Kudos to you on the enormous courage by posting in the very next day and not letting it get to you. This takes enormous gevurah and is, IMHO true kedusha.
I think everyone has already said every Dvar Torah in shaychus with what just happened, so I just want to say that I'm your big fan, and please keep inspiring us (and trucking :p)
Well I thought of something, anyway:
"Lev nishbar zevach lelokim"... A contrived heart is an offering to Elokim, G-ds name in hester, occultation, which is, in a certain way connected to a higher level. The level of hester is so high a level, that it comes to us as something negative. It's so high, that we don't understand it, it looks like darkness. But in it, is contained the ultimate light.
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו

Re: hello my friends.... 23 May 2021 18:53 #368874

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I fell last night
hayom Yom echad…

You are a brave and humble man.
Even in your distress you continue to motivate.

Hatzlocho!

Re: hello my friends.... 24 May 2021 12:35 #368907

• bego
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura

Thanks for making me not the only recently to fall after a years long streak :-) 

Bet you did it just to make me fall good ;-)
I came.
I saw
I conquered.
I failed. 
Too much I. 

Re: hello my friends.... 24 May 2021 14:02 #368909

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura - That took a lot of courage to post.  As others have noted, you are one of the leaders in GYE and have inspired thousands over the years.  Know  that even in what you call a "fall", you still inspired all of us.  Please keep on posting. 
Time to create page: 1.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes