Welcome, Guest

hello my friends....
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: hello my friends.... 102563 Views

Re: hello my friends.... 01 Jan 2015 07:14 #246377

• skeptical
Gevura Shebeyesod
It looks like you left just before I came but I remember seeing your thread back then. It was one of the ones that came up when I was searching to see if there were others like me. I was sure that my story was unique and that there was absolutely nobody who would relate to what I struggle with. But I discovered that I was not alone and I found understanding, acceptance and support. And life hasn't been the same since

It is precisely for this reason that I wish people wouldn't modify/delete their posts, or change their usernames on here. You never know how what you posted helped someone, and the chizzuk people get from being able to see your journey.

Just my two cents.
Last Edit: 01 Jan 2015 07:15 by skeptical.

Re: hello my friends.... 02 Jan 2015 21:53 #246504

[/i]quote="I was searching to see if there were others like me. I was sure that my story was unique and that there was absolutely nobody who would relate to what I struggle with. But I discovered that I was not alone and I found understanding, acceptance and support. And life hasn't been the same since [/quote]

thank a lot for sharing your story. Seems like the addiction thrives on these feelings of isolation,guilt,shame. BH i have also found a lot of understanding & support. I am very grateful to have live SA meetings near my work & near home. I am very grateful that i have a network of real people including frum guys who are available for me to reach out to. Although most of the guys do sufer from the ssa problem,they do accept me and understand at (least partly) my nisyonos. BH Sharing openly & honestly at live meetings has helped me tremendously.
I guess my self-obsession blinds me to the possibility that my experience,strengh & hope will actually be useful to others.so anyone who wants to know more about me can look up my history under yedidya aleph also to break some of my selfishness& desire to hide,i am posting my E-mail aryehdovid85@gmail.com.
May the Ribono Shel Olam who has protected us from destroying ourselves with this mishigos lead us to spiritual growth and solid recovery. May we be given the strength and wisdom to help and inspire others. Thanks again for reaching out.

Re: hello my friends.... 16 Jan 2015 15:49 #247293

• cordnoy
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
Day 2. Trucking...

I'd like to share a mind game I play with myself sometimes when I'm frustrated and lonely and wondering if all this struggling is really worth it...

I imagine a Novi or a Malach came to me and offered me a choice.

I can have just one night of whatever I want. An ample supply of willing partners eager to do my every whim. Superhuman energy to do it nonstop all night. Unlimited pleasure and ecstacy... But in the morning I drop dead.

Or I can choose to be guaranteed to live to 100 years old with perfect health. As long as i never act out. But every day will be filled with the pain and longing of never being able to have what i want so much.

Now make your choice...

this is not the "blow it up" method.
it doesn't seem to be "white-knucklin'" either.
Is it the "life or death" approach?
Do you still use it?

thanks
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: hello my friends.... 16 Jan 2015 19:41 #247297

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I guess it is sort of a "life or death" thing. To think about which is life and which is death. In a way it's the choice between "comfortably uncomfortable" and "uncomfortably comfortable". Whatever... it worked at the time and i still use it sometimes. Thanks for the reminder (and the 'fishel bump)
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: hello my friends.... 21 Jan 2015 23:53 #247488

• cordnoy
Today's Daf!

Machshovo Tova wrote:
ontheedgeman wrote on 06 Jun 2012 16:14:

maybe you should stay home with a sword!

איש חרבו על ירכו מפחד בלילות

As Chazal say, one must imagine, כאילו חרב מונחת לו בין ירכותיו וגיהנם פתוחה לו מתחתיו

MT

sources please!!!

איש חרבו על ירכו מפחד בלילות - שיר השירים ג:ח

The Chazal which I quoted on this possuk is in Yevamos 109b and Sanhedrin 7a, and refers specifically to Dayanim who are judging a Din Torah.

There is however another possuk:

חגור חרבך על ירך גבור וגו' - תהלים מה:ד

which the Zohar Hakadosh (Beraishis 240b) explains as follows:

One who wishes to avoid desecrating his Holy Bris, should be nimble and prepare himself, and when the evil YH tries to overpower him, he should imagine a sword on his thigh that will punish those who violate that area.

Disclaimer: For those who cannot handle such strong words, please ignore. I am presenting it only for those (like myself) who derive much chizuk from these holy words.

MT

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: hello my friends.... 12 Feb 2015 19:34 #248570

• cordnoy
Splat!
Sorry.

Re: hello my friends.... 08 Mar 2015 13:51 #250078

• cordnoy
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
Hey it's been ages since I bumped my thread...

Still trucking, the usual daily potholes and muddy patches but Bechasdei Hashem i'm close to a full year clean from falling (we won't talk about slips... )

Last night I went to sleep really late like I do on many a Motzei Shabbos. So I woke up late, and I realized that I would not have time to eat breakfast and make it to my regular Sunday morning Shiur. I opened my computer for a minute and there was Pidaini saying hello. So I wrote to him that I was thinking what to do. I still wasn't sure, but in the end I went to shachris and then straight to shiur and ate breakfast later when I came home. In the past I would usually blow off the shiur, can't miss breakfast! But thanks to Yankel popping in at just the right time, today I made the better choice. Just writing out the options made it real that I actually HAD a choice, and then I was able to choose. so thanks for being there, and thanks to Hashem for sending you over just then!

See, GYE is good for more than just P&M!

It sure as Hell is!!!

Re: hello my friends.... 12 May 2015 16:24 #254465

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
a little possum with a wide brimmed sombrero and a pure marble walking stick hiked up the road and entered the local bar which happened to be called Bardy's Pub. He goes over to the bartender and says "hey, isn't it the anniversary of this mahvelous fella named Gevura? how come we haven't gotten a long winded post about Mideast Peace, sub-atomic yerushalmi kugel and the fine art of chrome coating shtreimels?"
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello my friends.... 12 May 2015 19:41 #254495

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Do they chrome coat shtreimels? Wouldn't that ruin it?

Re: hello my friends.... 12 May 2015 19:58 #254498

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You know Zemiros Shabbos, every time I see your avatar I think it's a chossid dancing with outstretched arms. Am I the only one?

Re: hello my friends.... 14 May 2015 15:31 #254689

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
shlomo613 wrote:
Do they chrome coat shtreimels? Wouldn't that ruin it?

here you go
jewishshtreimel.jpg

you see a dancing chosid in my giraffe? i like!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello my friends.... 14 May 2015 16:03 #254691

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Nice! Matches my Zilbener Shtekkin and Gefluchtene Atooreh
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: hello my friends.... 02 Jul 2015 16:40 #258460

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy
Gevura Shebyesod

Day 2. Trucking...
I'd like to share a mind game I play with myself sometimes when I'm frustrated and lonely and wondering if all this struggling is really worth it...

I imagine a Novi or a Malach came to me and offered me a choice.

I can have just one night of whatever I want. An ample supply of willing partners eager to do my every whim. Superhuman energy to do it nonstop all night. Unlimited pleasure and ecstacy... But in the morning I drop dead.

Or I can choose to be guaranteed to live to 100 years old with perfect health. As long as i never act out. But every day will be filled with the pain and longing of never being able to have what i want so much.

Now make your choice...

this is not the "blow it up" method.
it doesn't seem to be "white-knucklin'" either.
Is it the "life or death" approach?
Do you still use it?

Gevura
I guess it is sort of a "life or death" thing. To think about which is life and which is death. In a way it's the choice between "comfortably uncomfortable" and "uncomfortably comfortable". Whatever... it worked at the time and i still use it sometimes. Thanks for the reminder (and the 'fishel bump)

One time I had a EKG, I saved one of the stickers that they put on you and put it into my sidder, to remind me... nothing here is forever...
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: hello my friends.... 28 Jul 2015 23:08 #260472

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod
I have so much more to say but I have to run now. I must go to Shiur.... (anyone remember Judaea?)

"...Oh...I feel like leaving them all today... I feel like changing in every way...I believe if I try, I can get by...."
Why did that song get lost? powerful words.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 28 Jul 2015 23:09 by stillgoing.

Re: hello my friends.... 20 Nov 2015 05:07 #269135

• cordnoy
900!

That's a nice round #!

x3= # of posts!

click, click, click, click, click!

b'hatzlachah

Time to create page: 0.82 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes