Welcome, Guest

Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 1851 Views

Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 12 Jan 2020 20:35 #346658

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder

This week begins the six week period known as Shovavim. Shovavim is an acronym for the six weekly Torah portions Shemot, Vaera, Bo, Beshelah, Yitro and Mishpatim. The word Shovavim alludes to the Pasuk in Yirmiya (3:14), "Shuvu Banim Shovavim" - "return oh wayward children"... The Arizal taught that these weeks are especially auspicious for doing Teshuvah in the area of Shmiras Habris.

The six weekly Parshiyos of Shovavim deal with the slavery of the Jewish people in Mitzrayim and their subsequent redemption, all the way through the giving of the Torah on Har Sinai. The struggle for moral purity often follows the same theme, where a person often feels trapped and enslaved to their animalistic desires. Through Teshuvah and divine intervention, one can succeed to break free of the bondage to these destructive behaviors and become a servant of G-d.

The weeks where we read about the Jewish people's journey from slavery to divine servitude, are especially auspicious for own personal journeys from slavery - to becoming men of G-d.

(See here for more information on Shovavim).

Here are some more great resources on Shovavim:
Shovavim and recovery
SHOVAVIM Workshop
Leave the Mitzrayim of the Yetzer Hara
Torah Anytime Shiurim 

ועיקר הבירור של הניצוצות וגאולת עם ישראל ממצרים – היה ע”י ריבוי תפילה וזעקה אל השם יתברך, מעומק עומק הגלות כמו שכתוב “ויזעקו – ותעל שוועתם אל האלוקים.., וישמע צעקתם.., ויוציאם ועל כן ימים אלו של ימי השובבי”ם הם ימים המסוגלים לתפילה ולתשובה בפרט על הוצאת זרע לבטלה ו- תיקון הברית ובזכות התשובה התפילה והצדקה – נזכה לשוב בתשובה שלמה, ולתקן את כל הניצוצות והפגמים שנפלו אל הטומאה (האר”י ז”ל) ולצאת מהמצרים והגלות הפרטית של כל אחד מאיתנו, והגלות הכללית של עם ישראל - השל”ה הק'

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2020 20:44 by davidt.

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 13 Jan 2020 19:48 #346676

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Someone told the Beis Yisrael of Gur zt'l that a kabbalist told him that he is suffering from an ayin hara, and he is very worried about that. The Rebbe repeated the Gemara (Bava Metzia 107) that says, "Rav entered a cemetery and said that ninety-nine percent of people die from an ayin hara, and only one percent die a natural death.” The Rebbe said, "This means everyone suffers from a bad eye," from not being cautious with their eyes. That is the root of all problems.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 15 Jan 2020 14:42 #346726

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What can I do to be part of this ?

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 15 Jan 2020 15:39 #346727

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
eyes wrote on 15 Jan 2020 14:42:
What can I do to be part of this ?

Please explain your question better... thanks! 

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 03 Jan 2023 21:22 #390494

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 12 Jan 2020 20:35:

This week begins the six week period known as Shovavim. Shovavim is an acronym for the six weekly Torah portions Shemot, Vaera, Bo, Beshelah, Yitro and Mishpatim. The word Shovavim alludes to the Pasuk in Yirmiya (3:14), "Shuvu Banim Shovavim" - "return oh wayward children"... The Arizal taught that these weeks are especially auspicious for doing Teshuvah in the area of Shmiras Habris.

The six weekly Parshiyos of Shovavim deal with the slavery of the Jewish people in Mitzrayim and their subsequent redemption, all the way through the giving of the Torah on Har Sinai. The struggle for moral purity often follows the same theme, where a person often feels trapped and enslaved to their animalistic desires. Through Teshuvah and divine intervention, one can succeed to break free of the bondage to these destructive behaviors and become a servant of G-d.

The weeks where we read about the Jewish people's journey from slavery to divine servitude, are especially auspicious for own personal journeys from slavery - to becoming men of G-d.

(See here for more information on Shovavim).

Here are some more great resources on Shovavim:
Shovavim and recovery
SHOVAVIM Workshop
Leave the Mitzrayim of the Yetzer Hara
Torah Anytime Shiurim 

ועיקר הבירור של הניצוצות וגאולת עם ישראל ממצרים – היה ע”י ריבוי תפילה וזעקה אל השם יתברך, מעומק עומק הגלות כמו שכתוב “ויזעקו – ותעל שוועתם אל האלוקים.., וישמע צעקתם.., ויוציאם ועל כן ימים אלו של ימי השובבי”ם הם ימים המסוגלים לתפילה ולתשובה בפרט על הוצאת זרע לבטלה ו- תיקון הברית ובזכות התשובה התפילה והצדקה – נזכה לשוב בתשובה שלמה, ולתקן את כל הניצוצות והפגמים שנפלו אל הטומאה (האר”י ז”ל) ולצאת מהמצרים והגלות הפרטית של כל אחד מאיתנו, והגלות הכללית של עם ישראל - השל”ה הק'

Next week begins the six week period known as Shovavim...
What can we do to prepare and take advantage of this gift that Hashem is giving us? 

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 08 Jan 2023 15:27 #390646

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Attachments:
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2023 15:28 by davidt.

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 08 Jan 2023 15:43 #390647

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 08 Jan 2023 15:27:

Hi I opened it up.

It seems unreliable based off what he writes in the section on homosexuality (begins on page 53).

How many people has this author helped in real life?

I quote his concluding remarks on that topic. 

”Altogether, we have found three reasons for homose*ual behavior. One cause is because a person doesn’t want to give pleasure and he only wants to take pleasure; therefore, he engages in a relationship in which only he enjoys and takes pleasure, and there is no one to receive his pleasure. (The solution for such homose*ual behavior is to become the giver of pleasure, and not to be a taker of pleasure).
Another cause for homose*ual behavior is that a person wants to switch around the way the world is supposed to be; he wants to defy the laws of nature that Hashem created the world with. In other words, he doesn’t want his role as a man – he doesn’t act masculine, because he’d rather be more feminine (by being a taker).
[Although this sounds similar to the first cause, it is not the same thing. In the first cause of homose*ual behavior, the root of the problem is because the person would rather be a taker of pleasure than a giver of pleasure. The second cause, though, also involves this factor of wanting to be a taker, but it is rooted in the fact that the man would be rather be more feminine than masculine.]
A third cause for homose*ual behavior is that a person wants to remain alone, because he feels like he doesn’t need anybody. He is too independent. It can get to the point that a person is so conceited with himself that he thinks of himself as sort of like a G- d, which was the problem that Pharoah developed, as well as many other people throughout history.

[ The solution for this, as was mentioned, is that if he is single, he needs to get married, so that he can realize that he is an incomplete being by himself. And if one is already married, he needs to feel like he needs his wife, because if not for her than he has no one whom he can give to; this will help him become more connected to his wife and thus lose his homose*cal tendencies as a result] ”.
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2023 15:38 by Markz.

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 09 Jan 2023 15:37 #390680

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
sleepy wrote on 09 Jan 2023 05:32:

Markz wrote on 08 Jan 2023 15:43:

Hi I opened it up.

It seems unreliable based off what he writes in the section on homosexuality (begins on page 53).

”Altogether, we have found three reasons for homose*ual behavior. One cause is because a person doesn’t want to give pleasure and he only wants to take pleasure; therefore, he engages in a relationship in which only he enjoys and takes pleasure, and there is no one to receive his pleasure. (The solution for such homose*ual behavior is to become the giver of pleasure, and not to be a taker of pleasure).
Another cause for homose*ual behavior is that a person wants to switch around the way the world is supposed to be; he wants to defy the laws of nature that Hashem created the world with. In other words, he doesn’t want his role as a man – he doesn’t act masculine, because he’d rather be more feminine (by being a taker).
[Although this sounds similar to the first cause, it is not the same thing. In the first cause of homose*ual behavior, the root of the problem is because the person would rather be a taker of pleasure than a giver of pleasure. The second cause, though, also involves this factor of wanting to be a taker, but it is rooted in the fact that the man would be rather be more feminine than masculine.]
A third cause for homose*ual behavior is that a person wants to remain alone, because he feels like he doesn’t need anybody. He is too independent. It can get to the point that a person is so conceited with himself that he thinks of himself as sort of like a G- d, which was the problem that Pharoah developed, as well as many other people throughout history.

[ The solution for this, as was mentioned, is that if he is single, he needs to get married, so that he can realize that he is an incomplete being by himself. And if one is already married, he needs to feel like he needs his wife, because if not for her than he has no one whom he can give to; this will help him become more connected to his wife and thus lose his homose*cal tendencies as a result] ”.

לעניות דעתי
maybe once the gadol is disclosed on this forum we should not bash him.but thats what i think. to each his own.

Any idea who the author is?
I had no idea. It seems to be anonymous.

I Google searched and found more info. He may be a great man, but you called him a Gadol when most of us never heard of him and have no idea who the author is.

Apparently you know about him. Can you share more with us?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2023 15:41 by Markz.

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 09 Jan 2023 22:20 #390714

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder

Hi I opened it up.

What about the people who didn't choose to have ssa? Who don't want ssa? Feel shameful they have ssa? What about those who aren't selfish? Who don't want to "switch around the world" ? What about those who don't want to be lonely?
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 09 Jan 2023 22:34 #390716

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
Human being wrote on 09 Jan 2023 22:20:

Hi I opened it up.

What about the people who didn't choose to have ssa? Who don't want ssa? Feel shameful they have ssa? What about those who aren't selfish? Who don't want to "switch around the world" ? What about those who don't want to be lonely?

I think the author may be looking for a different word then "wants" or "desires".   He may be looking at the word "is scared" or "has anxiety".

He may be looking to say, there are 3 reasons/causes of homosexuality,

1-One cause is because a person doesn’t want is scared or has anxiety to give pleasure and he only wants feels safe taking pleasure. 

2-A person wants is scared with the world being how it is, and therefore he is only attracted to what is safe for him to switch around which is not the way the world is supposed to be.

3-A person wants tois very scared or has a lot of anxiety of people and relationships and therefore only feels safe when he remains alone, because he feels scared and has anxiety like he doesn’t need anybody even though he needs relationships and people really badly. He is never-the-less too independent scared to connect to others.

I am not saying a agree or disagree with the author.
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2023 22:36 by human being.

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 10 Jan 2023 16:13 #390740

• willdoit
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Gold Boarder

And What about the people who didn't choose to have Low self esteem? Who don't want Low self esteem? Feel shameful they have Low self esteem? 

Does not wanting the symptom take away the underlying subconscious cause??
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2023 16:14 by willdoit.

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 11 Jan 2023 20:12 #390774

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
willdoit wrote on 10 Jan 2023 16:13:

And What about the people who didn't choose to have Low self esteem? Who don't want Low self esteem? Feel shameful they have Low self esteem? 

?

The author uses the word want. He doesn't say anything regarding an "underlying subconscious cause".  

Last Edit: 11 Jan 2023 20:13 by human being.

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 11 Jan 2023 21:02 #390780

• willdoit
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Gold Boarder
Human being wrote on 11 Jan 2023 20:12:

willdoit wrote on 10 Jan 2023 16:13:

?

The author uses the word want. He doesn't say anything regarding an "underlying subconscious cause".  

And how do you say wanting something subconsciously?

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 11 Jan 2023 21:46 #390785

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
”Altogether, we have found three reasons for homose*ual behavior. One cause is because a person doesn’t want to give pleasure and he only wants to take pleasure; therefore, he engages in a relationship in which only he enjoys and takes pleasure, and there is no one to receive his pleasure. (The solution for such homose*ual behavior is to become the giver of pleasure, and not to be a taker of pleasure).

His wanting to take pleasure and not give pleasure is not the cause. And therefore just giving pleasure isn't the solution. What is underlying his "wanting" is the cause. 
The cause is his feeling unsafe. And therefore, the solution requires healing. Its misleading to use the word "want" as "subconscious desires" especially if the offered solution is to......just not do it. That aint an answer to subconscious desires. 

Re: Shovavim: 42 days of opportunity 11 Jan 2023 21:48 #390786

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
Another cause for homose*ual behavior is that a person wants to switch around the way the world is supposed to be; he wants to defy the laws of nature that Hashem created the world with.

He aint talking about subconscious desires my friend. That don't come along with the sentence of "he wants to defy......

Last Edit: 11 Jan 2023 21:49 by human being.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes