Welcome, Guest

LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS!
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.

TOPIC: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29829 Views

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 06 Jun 2018 06:05 #331796

• byebye
  • Senior Boarder

its cute,but i dont get it

Last Edit: 10 Jun 2018 17:51 by byebye.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 06 Jun 2018 06:08 #331797

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 06 Jun 2018 14:58 #331805

• ayidel
  • Current streak: 20 days
  • Senior Boarder
byebye wrote on 05 Jun 2018 17:10:
thank you for your post i have something to give serious thought about,

1.my posts may have annoyed you, i apologize, but i have  recieved thanks for them from a nice amount of people who wouldnt do so publicly for personal reasons,my email is on my profile,

3.the posts that i try to write on Torah are pretty much self evident to be true, but are just not reviewed too much and therefore forgotten and do give a boost in battleing this yetzer hara, i dont think one has to be  a 90 day clean person in order to say an encouraging vort,do you read the public chats or only the things on the forums?if someone is annoyed by someone saying a dvar torah ,who might be a sinner,but trying to get better , instead of saying an idea from sa, may be suffering from what chazal have foretold that before Moshiach comes yirei Hashem yimasu ,not that im saying that i am a yorei shamayim, but i am saying things from the mouths of yorei shamayim and people are disgusted with it, if i said a joke with a little leaning of dirt in it id be very not annoying and popular to some people, wont mention names but they post on gye and their cronies chuckle at it and its more than one, i wouldnt say there are many BH,but there are, and by the way ,sorry for a sinner like me to say this but i get annoyed by them.would anyone dare tell them to shutup?! only on words of yiras shamayim will you hear it. an off color joke from a luster whos trying to get clean , a chuckle, a true vort from a luster whos trying to get clean ,at best cold silence,sorry for the strong words.

Couldn't find either just one torah thought about a flood maybe I am missing something here I'm certainly not computer savvy so help me out  

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 06 Jun 2018 15:53 #331806

• byebye
  • Senior Boarder
  hi a yidel, one  is  on the public  chat   1:45 am  june 3rd ,it got interupted by someones conversation,i really tried hard to post it when there was a relatively decent amount of time that no one was in a conversation, i dont like interupting, its just the way my parents brought me upi think my posts werent showing up  on their screen , the public chat is having other glitches like the yiddish posts appearing and disappearing , there is another dvar Torah at   10:30pm june 3rd the other is on the BEIS HAMEDRASH thread entitled IS HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF? i hope you get a chizuk from them,hatzlacha!thanks for showing interest.
Last Edit: 06 Jun 2018 15:55 by byebye.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 06 Jun 2018 16:32 #331809

• byebye
  • Senior Boarder
dear moderators, i recently made a challenge to someone on his thread that i thought would be a benefit for his and my recovery,  a 30 day challenge,but i see the post was deleted ,i dont know if he requested to the moderators to remove because of
A. hes not interested
B. he just didnt want me on his thread for whatever reason ,

if its A. ,please delete this post, 
if its B, ill just repost it here, thank you.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 06 Jun 2018 17:13 #331811

• Dov
  • Administrator
byebye wrote on 06 Jun 2018 16:32:
dear moderators, i recently made a challenge to someone on his thread that i thought would be a benefit for his and my recovery,  a 30 day challenge,but i see the post was deleted ,i dont know if he requested to the moderators to remove because of
A. hes not interested
B. he just didnt want me on his thread for whatever reason ,

if its A. ,please delete this post, 
if its B, ill just repost it here, thank you.

Dear Mr byebye/gyegye/ieeyc or whoever you are,

I'm sure you have noticed that certain people are annoyed by your posts and Markz has already notified you of that in manner or another, as have other people here on the forum.

Why would you 'reach out' to him by challenging him in any fashion at all? Don't you realize there is a history here and don't you realize that you have been repeatedly acting oblivious to other people's annoyances about your posts - and I hope you realize how that can annoy them even further. Maybe you don't realize that you have annoyed people by posting certain things. And maybe you also don't realize that people who are annoyed at you will be annoyed even further when you pretend as though you've never annoyed them at all. And maybe you don't realize that issuing a challenge of sobriety to somebody else who has already expressed annoyance, is basically tempting fate.

That's a lot of things you might not be aware of that I think most people may be aware of. We all have things to learn. I've got a lot to learn about time management and reliability, for example. There's no shame at all and your having a bit to learn about communication and other people's expectations.

Before you continue posting, I suggest that you educate yourself about these matters. The Rov who you mentioned you had talked to before would most likely be a great place for you to start. You wrote that he is wise. (Perhaps he himself is a sexaholic in recovery where we all learn a lot of wisdom...I know a few Roshei Kolel who are Sexaholics in great recovery for years and have grown very wise indeed, bH). Please try opening up to him about the way you interact with others and the chalkebges youve had here, and I'm sure he will be able to explain this stuff to you in a way that will be kind, meaningful, and helpful.

You deserve better - and so do some of the people you interact with, chaver.

I wanted to post this publicly here because it has been affecting people here in a public way. Any more discussion you want to direct to me, I ask you do only through Private Messaging. I'm going to try to avoid responding to any of your posts, at least for a while. Perhaps a 30-day challenge will do.

And I think that it would be an effective demonstration of your good will and insight, if you do not respond to this post at all on this thread, but again, only through PM.

Hatzlocha
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 06 Jun 2018 19:49 #331816

• byebye
  • Senior Boarder
markz ,i think your posts are immature
Last Edit: 10 Jun 2018 16:08 by byebye.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 07 Jun 2018 02:00 #331832

• byebye
  • Senior Boarder
byebye wrote on 06 Jun 2018 04:45:
thank you Hashem Help Me , for reaching out,i enjoy  your posts very much, its a pleasure to post a response  ,i really appreciate your validation ,cant believe you wrote what you wrote,you gave me chizuk .i hate to bring this up, but if question #5  that i asked cant be answered,im afraid that i cant disclose my private challenges,a pity(for me),one of the things my Rebbi ztl, ,when i disclosed to him a personal challenge, told me was to be VERY CAREFUL to who i tell things to in these inyanim,my Rebbi ztl was a big pikeach,Tzadik, and Talmid Chacham, and he heard alot of stories,even though someone  has a mistake about me , it still got me thinking,is it safe to post here?who knows what people who are more computer  savy then me could figure out about me, im not ready to come out in the open like dov or others, i wish i had the confidence, but unfortunately i am lacking in it. so what am i doing here on gye if im not posting my issues?
1.im getting tremendous chizuk from those who were/are posting and are amazingly saying no to themselves time after time.
2.chatting things out  with others  ,in a more private way is very therapeutic.
3.there are a ton of great suggestions here given by the chevra.
4.posting a chizuk and have a give and take with posters in an unintimidating way.
so for me gye is still a great resource in recovery.
looking foward to reading additional posts from you,hatzlacha and kol tov!

byebye wrote :
hello everyone , someone just brought to my attention that what i wrote regarding my Rebbes Z"L advice to me about not disclosing secretive things ,gives the impression that i had done  some kind of illegal act,so i am coming now to clarify that my problem was  something thats common among unmarried young men ,fantasies ,etc..., so he told me be careful, there are some malicious people out there who want to ruin shiduchim etc. now that i posted this 
good night,byebye.
Last Edit: 10 Jun 2018 17:24 by byebye.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes