Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk 63849 Views

Re: The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk 07 Mar 2019 06:53 #339448

amazing short to the point torah chizuk drive.google.com/open?id=1RWzKuOGjFpgxDgcnVgPOjJ1417Bz2WJ0

Re: The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk 24 Mar 2019 21:20 #339932

• Trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
eslaasos wrote on 08 May 2016 04:43:
Mark, thanks for the quote.

I had a similar thought last week, when I was experimenting with shmiras eynayim when shopping. I came to the conclusion that shmiras eynayim does not take place in your eyes. The eyes are not that easily controlled; if they are pointed at an object, they will robotically relay the visual to your brain. The real shmiras eynayim seems to take place in your mind, where you choose what to focus on, although I need to think about it (or practice it) some more to understand it better.

Do you think we should change the name from GYE to GYM?

My suggestion would be: LL (but that might not be what the guards had in mind).
I'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

Re: The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk 11 Sep 2019 16:35 #343520

• Markz
  • Current streak: 87 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Jack123, I know you say you were falling when you were fighting to put filters, and now fight less when you gave up on filters and are 25 days clean. 

Here’s something to think about ;-)
 כִּ֤י תִבְנֶה֙ בַּ֣יִת חָדָ֔שׁ וְעָשִׂ֥יתָ מַעֲקֶ֖ה לְגַגֶּ֑ךָ וְלֹֽא-תָשִׂ֤ים דָּמִים֙ בְּבֵיתֶ֔ךָ כִּֽי-יִפֹּ֥ל הַנֹּפֵ֖ל מִמֶּֽנּוּ:

רש״י - כי יפל הנפל. ראוי זה לפול ואף על פי כן לא תתגלגל מיתתו על ידך, שמגלגלין זכות על ידי זכאי וחובה על ידי חיב:

What do we see from this?
A fence is not designed to save someone that’s going to fall.
He won’t fall here? He’ll fall somewhere else. 

The Torah is not recommending us here to put a protection to save ourselves in case we may fall.

Rather, a fence is simply designed to save this location from being the place of calamity.

Someone that’s headed for a fall, needs to find other ways to save himself from the pending doom. 

A filter is is not designed for him.

A filter is recommended simply to close off loopholes. 

Hatzlacha
My Story---------Dov Quotes

What works for me:
ForumInternet Restrictions

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 11 Sep 2019 20:07 by Markz.
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes