Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 106722 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 15:46 #136341

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
i fell. broke some bones. needed surgery. b'h my vocal cords are intact. i can sing kumbaya, old macdonald, AND zemiros.
keep on ambulating!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 15:55 #136342

Hello ZS, and please excuse my ignorance. I'm new around here so I'm not sure whether you mean 'fell' physically or spiritually (i.e. are all those details real or moshol). Either way, I feel sorry for you and wish you a full and speedy recovery.

MT

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 16:00 #136343

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That's the problem with having such a long neck. You dont always see where those legs are going. Glad to see you are up and hopefully running soon.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 16:18 #136345

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey buddy. Kudos on getting up instead of wallowing in the mud. Care to share the details of your fall?
Love,
Mottel
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 16:29 #136346

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi MT,
nice to 'meet' you,
the only thing that was not literal was the part about kumbaya, i dont know the tune. other than that it means what it says. i fell, physically. broke some real physical bones.

Mottel, it was a fall in the physical sense, not a gye-fall, b'h

i think this here giraffe will be hovercrafting around for the next little while
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 16:38 #136347

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
Ouch!
Sorry Zemmy!
Y'surin shel ahava.
Take vitamin D (up to 1000 units/day -- unless you can spend 20 minutes a day in the sun in your swimming trunks)
Shabbos he m'lizok urefuah krova lavoh.

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 17:23 #136352

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Surveillance camera captures Zemmy's fall!!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 17:24 #136353

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
And until you're back on your feet, here's something for you to get around in. Refua Sheleima Bekorov!!!

KOMW!!! ;D

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 22:21 #136377

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
hi zemmy good 2 c u back
hows the kickboxing

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Apr 2012 22:40 #136378

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Lucky you didn't fare the way this giraffe did:

DENVER AND THE WEST Zoo's giraffe euthanized after fall

The Denver Post

After a lengthy rescue effort, officials at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo on Friday night euthanized a 20-year-old female giraffe after she was unable to recover from an afternoon fall.

The giraffe, named Uhura, was accepting a cracker from a zoo visitor when another giraffe stepped into her and she lost her footing. Uhura fell down a slope and couldn't stand up. Zoo staff and firefighters using rescue equipment worked four hours to get Uhura to a standing position but found she could not remain standing on her own.

Uhura was then moved to a flat area and was sitting up, but not getting up. Her condition continued to decline, until veterinarians decided to euthanize Uhura.

Uhura had 10 offspring from 1995 through 2009, including seven females and three males. Five still live at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Yesenia Robles, The Denver Post
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 27 Apr 2012 06:14 #136388

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
Refuah shelayma Zemmy.
Rebbe Nachman z"l says if you fall down and people laugh at you it is because you were not mechabed yom tov properly. If no one laughed at you it just means you fell down.

Here's a joke to cheer you up and maybe provide an explanation for why you fell:

A man walks into a bar with a giraffe and they proceed to get very drunk. The giraffe drinks so much it passes out on the floor. The man gets up and heads for the door to leave when the bartender yells, "Hey! You can't leave that lyin' there!" The drunk replies, "That's not a lion! It's a giraffe."
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: Zemmy's story 30 Apr 2012 03:39 #136473

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Zemmy,

You're on the repua shlema list. I bumped you up ahead of my friends canary.

A police officier is stopped at a red light. While there, he notices quite a (bez)din coming from the trunk of a car in front of him. He approaches the driver of said car and instructs him to get out of the vehicle and open the trunk. The driver complies, and in the trunk are a dozen giraffes. The police officer says, "Take these giraffes to the zoo immediately!!" The driver says, "Right away officer!" and drives off.
The following day the cop is at the same red light, and who should be stopped in front of him but the same car with the same loud noise coming from the trunk.
The cop is really irritated now and again tells the driver to get out and open his trunk. There are the same dozen giraffes, only this time they're all wearing sunglasses.
The policeman says, "I told you to take these giraffes to the zoo!", to which the driver replies, "But officer, I did...today they want to go to the beach!"

Re: Zemmy's story 02 May 2012 17:37 #136649

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
thank you Alex, shteeble, mottel, 1daat, UAj, BB, Gevura for your kind brachos, tefilos, advice, jokes and encouragement

i am flattered to be mustered ahead of the canary and i really like that wheelchair
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 03 May 2012 07:16 #136682

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Hope you're feeling better, buddy.
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Zemmy's story 03 May 2012 11:12 #136686

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
ur-a-jew wrote on 26 Apr 2012 22:40:

a 20-year-old female giraffe named Uhura.
Uhura had 10 offspring from 1995 through 2009

ten children at that age! sheesh!
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes