Welcome, Guest

Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 20142 Views

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 28 Oct 2011 23:09 #123267

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I got a major problem.  Puh-leeze help.  When I click on one of the smileys it goes :p.  How do I get the smiley's to work. 

In case you're interested I'm typing here instead of getting the place Shabbosdik.  g'bye.  Good Shabbos
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 31 Oct 2011 03:41 #123416

• Dov
  • Administrator
This should be your worst problem.

Amen

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 31 Oct 2011 18:16 #123507

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
amen to the second power

hope you are well and the smileys and the ogsterizers are functioning
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 03 Nov 2011 01:13 #124008

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
Besides another IRS audit (I'm kosher and they keep at it.  Third one.  they always find some little shtickle for a few hundred that I don't have), besides parnasa, my ex- (daughter's mother) in her last days, besides the mri that shows my spinal column looks like a train wreck, besides, besides, besides, these things B'H get handled day by day.

BUT  my smileys.  Help, please, my smileys.  I daven for smileys that work, and I get nothing.  I need my smileys.  It's like I'll lose my most favoritest thing in the whole world, next to lusting in a dark room.  won't somebody rescue me.

Dov and Zem, you couldn't spare a little help?
As to ogsterizers, I put mine away last week.  It's a really big one, too.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 03 Nov 2011 01:23 #124011

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think i know your problem. you are not in preview mode. click on the last icon on the toolbar above, looks like an arrow inside red brackets. then they should show up properly. 

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 03 Nov 2011 01:42 #124016

• Dov
  • Administrator
You are suffering from Smiley Withdrawal Syndrome?

[glow=red,2,300] [glow=red,2,300] [glow=red,2,300] [glow=red,2,300] [glow=red,2,300] [glow=red,2,300] [glow=red,2,300]
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 03 Nov 2011 15:25 #124088

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
do you have hebrew keyboard installed? sometimes you can inadvertently invoke Hebrew and the parenthesis character ends up backwards producing a frowney rather than a smiley.

מי שברך אבותינו אברהם יצחק יעקב הוא יברך וירפא את כל הסמייליס של חבירינו 'יום אחד בתור' בעבור שכולנו אוכלים טשולענט בעבורם ונאמר אמן
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 03 Nov 2011 18:38 #124154

• Dov
  • Administrator
Omein.

(burp!)

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 04 Nov 2011 08:46 #124268

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura ShebYesod was the only local with a little rachmones.  Thank you Gevura.  At last. Such a relief.Nice brocho, Zem
Thanks for the fix, Dov. 

Do you want to know what a nutcase is?  My Zeideh ran a general store in yehupitz in Canada.  He would trade with the Native Americans, and they would bring all kinds of nuts (and berries) to barter with.  So he had to put them someplace.  Never mind.

Mood swings

:D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
ps Thanks again Gevurah

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 04 Nov 2011 13:37 #124280

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You're welcome 1D, I guess I got it right. Glad I could be of help.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 15 Nov 2011 06:13 #125492

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
Waiting for Shabbos Mayriv I ask the Rav some questions about harkachot during a meal, and about stringencies related to talking to women.  Lots of the things that have been going around the site lately.  So next day at Kiddush one of the young regulars walks in and introduces her mother who is visiting from Switzerland. Several folks near me engage her in converstaion and she's talking about how hard it is to be frum in Switzerland, etc.  I'm trying to be friendly and yet maintain some reserve like the Rav had spoken to me about before Maariv.  i ask a question here and there to be social.  Soon everybody leaves one by one and she and I are left in discussion.  I knew i was probably doing something I shouldn't be doing because the more we talked the more focused we became on each other. I know I'm getting interested in her.  For once not sexually.  Though I am attracted to her.  She's just a nice person. I don't know what to do with myself especially after the Rav's talk with me the night before.  I politely and cheerily said my "Good Shabboses" and duck out.

As I'm walking home I think to myself that I ought to talk to the Rebbetzen and tell her to get me one of those.  Too bad about Switzerland.

Shabbos by day:  The Rav actually walks to my house and says He'd like to talk to me about something.  He says, "Was there maybe some interest in the lady you were talking to?"  I kind of burst out a little and reply, "about two hundred percent"  He tells me that she told her daughter who told the Rebbetzin who told the Rav who told me that the lady had expressed an interest about me.

Well it turns out this was one big setup, and everybody was in on it except me.  The daughter thought I and her mother should meet.  Daughter goes to Rebetzin and talks about how to make it happen without putting me or her in an awkward position.  It was decided by committee that we would "just happen to meet" at Shul and everybody would see how I behaved and whether I got the thumbs up afterwards. 

When they told me all I could think of was how blessed I was to be surrounded with people who care about me so much to want to make a shidduch at all, let alone setting it up so nobody gets hurt.

i start up with the "new relationship fantasies" and pretty quickly realize I'm davening to her during Mincha.  Time for a talk.  I ask for help.  He says this is an opportunity for me to love someone unselfishly, and to bring Kedusha to a relationship, ANY relationship, business, social, the grocery store clerk.  ANY relationship.  It doesn't matter how this relationship goes.  What matters is whether I'm going to, for once in my life, think about the other person first.  It's a gift from Hashem to teach me how to care about another person.  Hamelech ya'anenu b'yom kareinu.

I ask the Rav, "But she lives in Switzerland".  He says, "She's willing to move.  Her daughter is here with the grandchildren and she has nothing keeping her in Switzerland."

I asked her to dinner, it was brief, we had a couple of good laughs. 

I could use some guidance here.  Halachically, and addiction wise.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 15 Nov 2011 17:07 #125524

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
1daat wrote on 15 Nov 2011 06:13:

I could use some guidance here.  Halachically, and addiction wise.

Wow, wow, wow.  All I can say is that I read this thread and its proof that there is a God in heaven, and how good life is when we live our lives with Him.  I wish I can give you some guidance although not really sure what you are looking for exactly.  Is the Rov aware of all your issues.  If he is, can't you ask him?
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 15 Nov 2011 17:46 #125531

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
that is great 1daat!
shetehay lemazal!

i second UAJ's opinion that you speak to the rav.

but if you need help choosing between Lowe's and Home Depot for the bridal registry, gimme a ring...
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 15 Nov 2011 22:33 #125590

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Can I third that?  Quite a story!

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 16 Nov 2011 01:24 #125603

• rontov
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Senior Boarder
  • goy
[quote="1daat" link=topic=2716.msg73365#msg73365 date=1278570759]
day 41. For once I don't leap to the shmutz to drain off the anxious feeling.  I went back and figured out a workaround with the software.  But this is a big deal for me.  I didn't fall when I was triggered by the whole gallery in my head yelling drek at me about my intelligence and adequacy.

I must comment here - i did not know that others used this p* and m*as a salve to anxious feelings.  When i have a bad time in my work - or a negative economic thing occurs to me - it has been the first thing that i turn to.  I suppose that i need to prepare for that - i am newly clean.  I am enjoying my freedom - it has been refreshing -
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes