Welcome, Guest

Kedusha's Progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kedusha's Progress 76890 Views

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 May 2013 23:11 #207372

• needtoquit
  • Current streak: 876 days
  • Expert Boarder
Kedusha wrote:
B'Ezras Hashem, I am very happy to report that, as of yesterday (May 18), I reached my four-year-clean milestone.

WOW!! Kninea hara. I just stumbled on this thread and I am truly inspired. I thought the 90+ days that I got to over 7 months ago was impressive but now I realize that there is still much to strive for.

Hatzlacha to us all!!!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 20 May 2013 04:03 #207392

Yes halevai by all of us.

I find the dates of the post on this thread fascinating May 2012, then nothing till 2013!

Please tell us kedusha, how it was done, was it easy, was it hard?

Was it one day at a time, battle, after battle, I/we are intrigued and your experience is bound to be useful.
We are not fighting the YH as a process to get through in order to be able to get back to normal life; the fight wih the YH is the essence of our existence - Hopeing

Re: Kedusha's Progress 20 May 2013 04:15 #207393

We are not fighting the YH as a process to get through in order to be able to get back to normal life; the fight wih the YH is the essence of our existence

Found this Gem, I'd like to add it as my signature, (I figure out how)

It'll help loads. To me for sure, and other too.
We are not fighting the YH as a process to get through in order to be able to get back to normal life; the fight wih the YH is the essence of our existence - Hopeing

Re: Kedusha's Progress 21 May 2013 00:07 #207439

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Thank you to all who posted their words of encouragement!

Israel, it's true that I don't spend that much time on the forum anymore. I have posted here and there, but you're right that, without even realizing it, I didn't post on my own thread for almost an entire year.

To answer your question, it's 100% true that this challenge gets easier over time, if we make sure to avoid any slips. At the same time, it's a major mistake to become complacent. So, it's somewhat of a delicate balance. But, living clean is so incredibly wonderful once a person has experienced it, that it's hard to imagine why a person would want to do anything to put their sobriety in jeopardy.

Hope that helps!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 21 May 2013 00:11 by kedusha.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 21 May 2013 00:11 #207442

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Mazal Tov Kedusha!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 21 May 2013 00:12 #207443

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Thank you, Gibbor!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 21 May 2013 04:49 #207461

can someone tell me how to add a signature to my name?

Re: Kedusha's Progress 21 May 2013 06:36 #207467

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Click on your name to go to your profile. On the right side directly opposite where it says "Profile for " there is an "Edit" button. Click that then go to the 'Profile Information" tab and scroll to the bottom.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Kedusha's Progress 21 May 2013 19:24 #207480

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Mazel Tov Kedusha!
thanks for all your efforts on behalf of GYE
wishing you much continued hatzlacha
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Kedusha's Progress 21 May 2013 20:21 #207487

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
M'chayil el choyil

May Hashem continue to grant you hatzlocho, simcha and peace

Eli
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Re: Kedusha's Progress 10 Jun 2013 15:49 #208727

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Kedusha wrote:
Living clean is so incredibly wonderful once a person has experienced it, that it's hard to imagine why a person would want to do anything to put their sobriety in jeopardy.

Now that's a quote!
[strike]A quotation is a good sort of thing to have handy.[/strike] edit A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.]
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Last Edit: 10 Jun 2013 15:52 by TehillimZugger. Reason: I misquoted A.A. Milne

Re: Kedusha's Progress 10 Jun 2013 19:13 #208750

• yishay
  • Current streak: 41 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Kedusha wrote:
To answer your question, it's 100% true that this challenge gets easier over time, if we make sure to avoid any slips. At the same time, it's a major mistake to become complacent. So, it's somewhat of a delicate balance. But, living clean is so incredibly wonderful once a person has experienced it, that it's hard to imagine why a person would want to do anything to put their sobriety in jeopardy.

Hope that helps!

Someone please tell me if I'm wrong, but I see it as a promotion. A person can start off working on the assembly line and earn a promotion to be a foreman. (manager, director, etc...) The work is different. It may be less dangerous, it may be more rewarding, you see a "bigger picture" but you're still on the job.

I wish you Mazal Tov on your "promotions", may you continue Meychayil el Chayil

Re: Kedusha's Progress 10 Jun 2013 19:26 #208752

Kedusha wrote:
... But, living clean is so incredibly wonderful once a person has experienced it, that it's hard to imagine why a person would want to do anything to put their sobriety in jeopardy.

Hope that helps!

If I may add: living clean is so incredibly wonderful once a person has experienced it,
and living unclean is so incredibly miserable as we all have experienced so many times,that it's hard to imagine why a person would want to do anything to put their sobriety in jeopardy and return to wretched misery.

MT

Re: Kedusha's Progress 10 Jun 2013 19:34 #208754

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
It may be hard to imagine, but we all manage to imagine it - don't we?

Re: Kedusha's Progress 10 Jun 2013 22:22 #208766

Someone please tell me if I'm wrong, but I see it as a promotion. A person can start off working on the assembly line and earn a promotion to be a foreman. (manager, director, etc...) The work is different. It may be less dangerous, it may be more rewarding, you see a "bigger picture" but you're still on the job.

I wish you Mazal Tov on your "promotions", may you continue Meychayil el Chayil[/quote]

Spot on I think this is what Rabbi M Miller Zt"l meant when he was talking about our job being to move up the Nekudas HaBechira.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes