Welcome, Guest

Kedusha's Progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kedusha's Progress 76911 Views

Re: Kedusha's Progress 07 Sep 2011 22:05 #118075

• bardichev
hm  nott nizze

kedusha is our hidden asset
Last Edit: by .

Re: Kedusha's Progress 08 Sep 2011 16:31 #118140

• Dov
  • Administrator
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 07 Sep 2011 21:50:

he edited a post a few days ago
Gevalt that is funny!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Kedusha's Progress 08 Sep 2011 17:16 #118148

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
um, for once i was not making a joke...
what's so funny?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Kedusha's Progress 08 Sep 2011 19:29 #118174

• Dov
  • Administrator
His old Modus Operandi was editing peoples' posts for inappropriate material, it drove them cRaZy angry...some fights broke out (virtually) and Guard stepped in and the wackos tried to put 'the Kabash' on poor Kedusha! In the end he was saved and all lived happily ever after.

But it was dramatic for a minute there....

So it seemed funny to me that as proof that Kedusha is 'alive and well', you pointed out that he was editing posts!

Make sense? Or am I just a complete goofball?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Kedusha's Progress 08 Sep 2011 19:34 #118175

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
makes total sense, thanks, and if you're a goofball, i want to be one too

only thing i didn't get is what's 'kabash'? Arabian kokosh cake?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Kedusha's Progress 08 Sep 2011 20:03 #118182

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 08 Sep 2011 19:34:

only thing i didn't get is what's 'kabash'? Arabian kokosh cake?

World English Dictionary

kibosh  or  slang  kybosh  (ˈkaɪˌbɒʃ) 

— n 
1.  put the kibosh on  to put a stop to; prevent from continuing; halt 

— vb 
2.  ( tr ) to put a stop to 

[C19: of unknown origin] 

kybosh  or  slang  kybosh 

— n 

— vb 

Word Origin & History

kibosh

1836, kye-bosk, in slang phrase put the kibosh on, of unknown origin, despite intense speculation. Looks Yiddish, but origin in early 19c. English slang seems to argue against this. One candidate is Ir. caip bh?is, caip?n b?is "cap of death," sometimes said to be the black cap a
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Kedusha's Progress 08 Sep 2011 20:50 #118196

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
ur-a-jew wrote on 08 Sep 2011 20:03:

Great! Zemmy loves to quote things of unknown origin.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 08 Sep 2011 21:01 #118203

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
The best vitamin to be a happy person is B1.  ~Author Unknown

Thank you UAJ for clarifying and for saving me the work of calling Khalid
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Kedusha's Progress 20 Feb 2012 14:49 #133376

Kedusha, I am pretty new here. Going onto day 26 and struggling. Would really appreciate some tips from a veteran like you. It is one thing to do "one day at a time" 25 times and totally another to do that 1000 days in a row without fail. What is your approach?

Re: Kedusha's Progress 18 May 2012 03:20 #137706

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
mayimtehorim wrote on 20 Feb 2012 14:49:

Kedusha, I am pretty new here. Going onto day 26 and struggling. Would really appreciate some tips from a veteran like you. It is one thing to do "one day at a time" 25 times and totally another to do that 1000 days in a row without fail. What is your approach?

Dear Mayim,

I'm sorry that I did not respond sooner. I've been off the forum for quite some time.

I can't write at length now, but I use every tool in the book as needed. That includes Chizuk e-mails, the GYE handbooks, and more. And I reach out to the RBS"O all the time and, as needed, to GYE Chaveirim.

Hatzlacha!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 18 May 2012 04:16 #137712

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Dear Chaveirim,

B'Ezras Hashem, I am very happy to report that, as of today (May 18), I am three years clean. When I counted Sefira Thursday evening, I was astounded when I realized that today is Yesod shebeYesod. What Hashgacha!

I am tremendously grateful to the RBS"O, to Guard, and to the GYE community for helping me reach this point. To those whom I know from the forum and, especially, to those whom I've spoken to or met in person, your friendship means a great deal to me.

As we approach the historic Asifa on Sunday, let us take tremendous Chizuk in how far we've come in this struggle, individually and as a community, and let's be confident that, with the help of the RBS"O and each other, we can continue to make significant progress.

Chazak v'Ematz!

Sincerely,

Kedusha
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 18 May 2012 08:31 #137734

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Kedusha wrote on 18 May 2012 04:16:

I was astounded when I realized that today is Yesod shebeYesod. What Hashgacha!

If you would've been here in Israel you wouldn't be astounded at all, it's advertised all over the place- no one had any idea what number thursday night will be, but EVERYONE knew that it'll be yesod shebiyesod.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Kedusha's Progress 18 May 2012 09:14 #137739

• geshertzarmeod
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Like a bridge over troubled water.

Dear Chaveirim,

B'Ezras Hashem, I am very happy to report that, as of today (May 18), I am three years clean. When I counted Sefira Thursday evening, I was astounded when I realized that today is Yesod shebeYesod. What Hashgacha!

I am tremendously grateful to the RBS"O, to Guard, and to the GYE community for helping me reach this point. To those whom I know from the forum and, especially, to those whom I've spoken to or met in person, your friendship means a great deal to me.

As we approach the historic Asifa on Sunday, let us take tremendous Chizuk in how far we've come in this struggle, individually and as a community, and let's be confident that, with the help of the RBS"O and each other, we can continue to make significant progress.

Chazak v'Ematz!

Sincerely,

Kedusha

Mazal Tov Kedusha!!!!

what historic asifa?
ישראל אע"פ שחטא ישראל הוא
If you're connected above, you won't fall down below - Reb Shlomo
ולבי חלל בקרבי
לולא האמנתי לראות בטוב ה' בארץ חיים

Re: Kedusha's Progress 18 May 2012 10:47 #137740

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gesher wrote on 18 May 2012 09:14:

Dear Chaveirim,

Chazak v'Ematz!

Sincerely,

Kedusha

Mazal Tov Kedusha!!!!

what historic asifa?

If you would've been here in America you wouldn't be astounded at all, it's advertised all over the place.

And to Kedusha, MAZEL TOV!!!! That's amazing!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Kedusha's Progress 18 May 2012 14:40 #137765

...As we approach the historic Asifa on Sunday...

Mazal Tov Kedusha!

I assume you will be sitting 'oiven oon' at the Asifa. I want to come give you Sholom and kiss your hand - and ask for a bracha. Oh, you're not oiven oon? Is it elyoinim lematoh vetachtoinim lima'alah? Anyhow I'll be looking around for a guy that looks like a shtick Kedusha.

Kol hakavod!

MT
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes