Welcome, Guest

Holy In Jerusalem
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Holy In Jerusalem 4640 Views

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 13 Sep 2024 14:42 #421458

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 540 days
  • Platinum Boarder
stopsurvivingstartliving wrote on 13 Sep 2024 14:26:
For now 5:30 pm it is Day 5 Clean. In the past I have fallen Friday night, I hope to be able to stay clean till I go to sleep tonight. #ODAAT.

Good Shabbos!

Waiting to hear good news om MTsh
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 14 Sep 2024 19:27 #421493

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 294 days
  • Platinum Boarder
In the luxury of the living-room, two pairs of sparkling eyes met,
Flickering with hope, a shared goal was set.
So much baggage we both carry, but one aim in sight,
Purity and cleanliness, to conquer this beastly fight.

A person wishing to transform desire's fiery flame,
Into a blaze dedicated to ridding this shame.
Seeking to fill each day with purpose and light,
With a fire in his eyes, determined to stand tall and fight.

I envy your resolve to turn the page at this stage,
One day we'll dance together to the song of victory's wage.
I believe in you, and so do countless others, it's true,
Now it's your turn to believe, and I know you do too.

Together we'll rise, break free from this dark chain,
And dance in the sunlight, no longer in pain.
Your determination inspires, it's a sight to behold,
With every step you take, you're writing a story bold.

So remember, my friend, as you face this great test,
You're not alone in this journey, we wish you the best.
With hope in your heart and fire in your soul,
You'll emerge triumphant, achieving your goal.

You will walk out victorious, with strength and might,
Embracing the victory, basking in the victorious light.

- Yiftach'l
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"
Last Edit: 14 Sep 2024 20:01 by yiftach.

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 15 Sep 2024 12:20 #421518

Shabbos day 6 was Clean.

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 15 Sep 2024 14:55 #421532

• redfaced
  • Platinum Boarder
stopsurvivingstartliving wrote on 15 Sep 2024 12:20:
Shabbos day 6 was Clean.

Thank you fo proving me right....
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 15 Sep 2024 15:25 #421536

• livingagain
  • Expert Boarder
stopsurvivingstartliving wrote on 15 Sep 2024 12:20:
Shabbos day 6 was Clean.

You’re on a roll. Keep it up. Stay holy in Jerusalem 

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 15 Sep 2024 15:56 #421539

• livingagain
  • Expert Boarder
Lol, Ive been here for a bit. Karma doesnt do much. Hard work and honesty does. In that your doing great.

Agreed. Karma is meaningless. The main
thing is that you are staying holy despite your struggles. Stay living! 

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 15 Sep 2024 16:12 #421540

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 355 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Karma isn't that important but I wouldn't call it meaningless. It gives a slight indication of whether you are performing well. Lowering someone's karma daily is wrong. I also had to hide my karma because someone was doing that to me. It doesn't bother me that much not to display my karma but I have no internal way of knowing whether I am performing well anymore unless someone responds to my posts.
Last Edit: 15 Sep 2024 16:33 by yitzchokm.

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 15 Sep 2024 21:53 #421558

Day 7 Clean.

I went out today and decided that this walk I want to watch my eyes. I walked out and literally every other second I had to physically pull away my head from things I wanted to stare at. Then it hit me. This means every time I walk out and don't make that conscious (and very hard) decision, my brain is consuming that much crap!!!
I am not exactly sure where to go with this but I figured it doesn't hurt to share.

#ONEWEEKCOMPLETE!!!

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 15 Sep 2024 23:18 #421561

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 165 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Pretty soon, you won’t need to be constantly battling not to look, it will be ingrained in you, bezh…..

Keep up the good work, brother!

Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call/text! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 16 Sep 2024 22:33 #421651

Day 8 Clean.

Something I have to work on is being proud of myself on days that are a bit harder and I make it through. Inasmuch as I can beat myself up for having falls when I fall, I at least should pat myself on the back when I make it through a hard day.

Thank you guys for always being there with an open ear. Good Night from Jerusalem!

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 16 Sep 2024 22:50 #421653

• redfaced
  • Platinum Boarder
stopsurvivingstartliving wrote on 16 Sep 2024 22:33:
Day 8 Clean.

Something I have to work on is being proud of myself on days that are a bit harder and I make it through. Inasmuch as I can beat myself up for having falls when I fall, I at least should pat myself on the back when I make it through a hard day.

Thank you guys for always being there with an open ear. Good Night from Jerusalem!

This is always one of the hardest things. You need to learn how to be fair to yourself & reward yourself when you accomplish

The Red Face

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 16 Sep 2024 22:55 #421654

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 294 days
  • Platinum Boarder
redfaced wrote on 16 Sep 2024 22:50:

Day 8 Clean.

This is always one of the hardest things. You need to learn how to be fair to yourself & reward yourself when you accomplish

Woodford also works. 

These accomplishments which may be perceived as small steps, are the foundations and groundwork for a bright future. Definitely a reason to celebrate. 

Next time, come with two schnapps cups...
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"
Last Edit: 16 Sep 2024 22:56 by yiftach.

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 17 Sep 2024 02:52 #421657

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 523 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 8 Clean.

True words, those. 

It’s important to accept, friend, that your Avoda is what you can do today.

And if you do that, you’ve accomplished something worth celebrating! 

Your Nisyonos, achievements, goals, successes and celebrations should be those appropriate for who you are today. Same with how you view your slips and perceived failures. If you accomplish something that’s hard for you today, that special. 

Holding yourself to and measuring yourself by a standard not of of who you are today, but of who you think you ought to be, isn’t realistic. And I dare say that it’s not what Hashem wants (though I don’t know if I can speak for Him).

היום אם בקולו תשמעו 
Here’s a hug for today. 

tomorrow has a different Avoda, one that You can do ! 

Hazlacha!

Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 17 Sep 2024 08:16 #421670

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 165 days
  • Platinum Boarder
SSSL,

Of course chaimoigen always puts it perfectly so. If I can just add, as someone who has been down more recently, your advancing can be seen (with the requisite work - which I’m sure you’re doing) almost day by day… so although today, getting through one day is a big accomplishment, and you feel a little dumb by that, because hey I’m a knocker, don’t worry. In 10 or 20 or 30 days from now, beH it’ll be a different playing field. 

So, you worry about today only, but know that things will beh shift…….

Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call/text! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: Holy In Jerusalem 17 Sep 2024 22:53 #421768

Day 9 Clean.

To quote @smokey:

When I started out this battle I was very much into streaks, it was all about 30 and then 90 days, when I would masturbate on day 12 I masturbated 2 or 3 times to "chap arein" before I started the streak again.
This cycle repeated itself multiple times, and was a big part of my journey. I made it once to 30 something days and then another time to 47 but I paid big time for it, the rest of the 2 years I spent fighting for the streaks, and feelings like a failure because I consistently fell short.

This is something I could relate to 100 percent. My past few falls since I started counting streaks played out exactly like that. Right now I am trying to stay clean because I think I will be a happier person staying clean. But I won't deny that if I c''v fall I can totally imagine thoughts like "do it again before you restart" would show up in my head. This doesn't exactly shtim with my first motivation to stay clean so I am not really sure what the pshat is. If anyone has a pshat I am open ears.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes