Welcome, Guest

it's been a while
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: it's been a while 819 Views

Re: it's been a while 09 Jun 2024 13:49 #414905

• Platinum Boarder
day 6. Got a lot of 'alone' time next week so gonna have to keep GYE website on speed dial

Re: it's been a while 09 Jun 2024 19:02 #414918

• eraygrand
  • Current streak: 531 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hey,  take a look at my stream. We have had a lot in common and not much different in age. (In my case it was my parents who found the magazines ) I know it's difficult and hard to imagine opening up and talking directly to someone about this, especially for people like us who have kept this secret for sooooo long.  Reading this stream what SCREAMS out (and I still hear the echo of my screams after being clean 1.5 years) is a sense of loneliness. The ONLY way to truly make progress is by making human contact. You can break the ice with an anonymous phone conversation to get over the initial discomfort. 

This struggle has gone public! There are close to 100k people who listen to the daily וימאן via Whattsapp. If you don't already I works strongly recommend joining.  It is a daily chizzuk that is unbelievable. There are countless rabbonim who are aware of these struggles. 

I would be happy to speak with you.

Re: it's been a while 14 Jun 2024 22:47 #415125

• Platinum Boarder
" The ONLY way to truly make progress is by making human contact. "

I guess I believe you - makes sense, after all it is the only thing I've not actually done
Will think about joining a call or something, although I am not wildly excited about talking about it in person

Good Shobbos gents.

Re: it's been a while 16 Jun 2024 22:04 #415186

• Platinum Boarder
OK so just suppose I did one of these calls.. are there any that run mornings/EST time?

Re: it's been a while 16 Jun 2024 22:27 #415193

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
I would start with a one on one anonymous call.  
HHM (Hashem Help Me) has helped more people than I can count and is definitely the right person for the first call. You can private message him or email him at michelgelner@gmail.com

i would be happy to speak with you as well. Please feel free to PM me.
There are ways to setup an anonymous Google voice account.  

I spent so many years of hopelessness thinking I was all alone.  That sense of Yiush is the YH number one tool in this battle. These forums are an unbelievable tool but talking about this with someone real is what is really needed to start to turn the tide of this battle.  

Re: it's been a while 16 Jun 2024 22:41 #415194

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
Another thought here,  what have you done to limit access with filters? I have been clean for over 450 days but I wouldn't have lasted more than a week if I hadn't removed easy access. I think this is especially true for people in our age bracket

Re: it's been a while 21 Jul 2024 22:09 #417482

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
Indeed, it has been a while...
How are you doin'?
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes