Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 5712 Views

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 28.1 08 Mar 2024 07:21 #409757

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
And I had a fall to AVE last night 2 
who is IWLR 
I talk to some people 
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 28.1 08 Mar 2024 19:15 #409788

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 29 09 Mar 2024 19:49 #409795

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
K I'll see if I can get ahold of him.
Tonight will end day 2

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 30 10 Mar 2024 19:17 #409826

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Mid day 3
I was reading TBOTG chapter 15 and he talks about bring a notebook around and document triggers am I expected to do this occasionally or every time I see somthing not txnius walking down the street ? Seems excessive but at the same time I get why he says to do it anyone have advice on how to implement this practically? 
is it better to use something on my phone or get an actual notepad...?

Re: Nothing to lose 10 Mar 2024 19:45 #409827

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
He is referring to urges to act out. The most effective way to do this is in the daily check-in on the dashboard. Eventually you will learn what your triggers are and you will be able to make a plan about how to avoid them or overcome them in the future. Regarding walking in the streets or attending an event where it would be challenging to guard your eyes you can devise a plan ahead of time so that you remain clean.
Last Edit: 10 Mar 2024 20:06 by yitzchokm.

Re: Nothing to lose 10 Mar 2024 20:31 #409829

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
You mean only journal after a fall okay

Re: Nothing to lose 10 Mar 2024 20:33 #409830

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 10 Mar 2024 20:31:
You mean only journal after a fall okay

No. Journal whenever you become triggered to act out, even if you succeeded in overcoming your urge. The daily check-in is meant to be used every day even when you don't have urges. When you do have an urge there will be two additional parts of journaling available to describe your urge and the consequences. This will teach you what leads up to an urge as well as analyzing how you dealt with it. With this information you will be able to see whether you have a good plan or whether your plan needs to be adjusted. Then, you can make adjustments as necessary.
Last Edit: 10 Mar 2024 21:25 by yitzchokm.

Re: Nothing to lose 10 Mar 2024 20:41 #409832

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Okay I'll try that and use the personal homepage thing Is what you are saying

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 31 11 Mar 2024 17:53 #409893

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Been busy all day still am just wanted to put this out real quick I think it's dsy 4 or 5.. I haven't had time to read TBOTG today yet but I have been journalling these urges I am curious if I should journal everything thats redundant or just the greatest hits...
like there are a few entries girl on bus girl on street walking looked away didn't given... at least 5 basically every time I traveled somewhere today but should I be adding an entry if I see somthing going to the bus then getting on the bus then getting off the bus ect... anyways feels like I am doing somthing by doing this so I think it helps just wish I had a moment to sit down and finish reading the book today still got 1 of the other books to do today as well... anyways thats all Goodnight.

Last Edit: 11 Mar 2024 17:54 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 32 12 Mar 2024 11:45 #409964

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Middle of day 5 keeping at it a lot of stuff comes up in that chart.
Finished chapter 15 of the TBOTG this morning. It was a good idea to drop the F2F and the other book.. I feel more focused on what I am reading now.

edit. I am also thinking about wearing my tzitzit out during the day like he said in that chapter.

Last Edit: 12 Mar 2024 11:47 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 33 12 Mar 2024 22:17 #410017

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
12:05 AM Day 6 starting  in good spirits and still a bit overwhelmed again by stuff but otherwise doing well

Last Edit: 12 Mar 2024 22:18 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 33.1 13 Mar 2024 09:22 #410061

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Mid day 6:  I decided to read part of the chapter of TBOTG today.
its a big chapter and i dont have time for the entire thing.
I am still trying to manage my schedule and take the bloat out
I still think I am at risk of overwhelming myself again. When I do that I give myself unnecessary stress.
I found that somthings came up this week and overwhelmed me because they got pushed off 1 day and it cascaded with a bunch of other things. Also this week a few things happend that threw off my schedule like my Yeshivahas fundraiser and the dryer braking...
So I guess what I am saying is I have excuses...
I am going to take it in stride and cut back on some more things this week and hopefully I will get everything flowing normally again by next week.
I see overwhelming myself as a big trigger for desire because it usually leads to ignoring my schedule and that open schedule leads to falls.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 33.2 13 Mar 2024 16:44 #410090

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
After talking with someone about it I came to my own conclusion about when and what I am going to write it down... basically if I go somewhere I am going to count all travel in 1 entry and at work the same so I am not constantly writing about urges and have time to live my life... 
I also got some other good advice talking to him going to take into consideration...

Last Edit: 13 Mar 2024 19:01 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 34 14 Mar 2024 05:38 #410142

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Start of Day 7 

Re: Nothing to lose 14 Mar 2024 13:50 #410152

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
Keep up the good work! 

Rootin' for you out here in the sticks!
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes