Welcome, Guest

No Despair Allowed
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: No Despair Allowed 2348 Views

Re: No Despair Allowed 12 Jul 2024 13:30 #416989

Good morning, all. I had an 'M' fall since last update. Over 50 days 'P' free. Woo!

Have a great Shabbos.

No 'P' Streak: 53 days
No 'M' Streak: 2 Days

Re: No Despair Allowed 12 Jul 2024 13:44 #416990

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
Way to stay positive and keep on pushing!
Hatzlacha
Hope you have a great Shabbos as well
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: No Despair Allowed 15 Jul 2024 15:12 #417133

Good morning, all. Taking it day by day.

No 'P' Streak: 56 days
No 'M' Streak: 5 Days

Re: No Despair Allowed 15 Jul 2024 20:37 #417174

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow, keep it up brother!

All the best,
OivedElokim
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: No Despair Allowed 23 Jul 2024 16:39 #417593

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
How's it goin', buddy?

Re: No Despair Allowed 24 Jul 2024 19:11 #417718

I'm still here, @proudyungerman. I didn't fall off the planet.

I had some struggles over the last week, but I am already on my way to the bright and holy light at the end of the tunnel. Last week, I had a fall on a day where I got very little sleep the night before. Last night, I knew I was going to be up late, so I texted a GYE chaver as a preventative measure. "I am going to be up later than usual tonight. I'm aware that when I am tired, I struggle." So far, so good, on my path to day two.

I was moved by a line in the selichos yesterday:
לרועי לא המתנתי שש ונשתברו הלוחות
That is referencing how the perpetrators of the חטא העגל didn't wait for Moshe Rabbeinu to come down at the sixth hour (see Chazal on בושש משה), and because of that the לוחות were smashed. What moved me is that it is in first-person. If I only would've waited just a little longer, none of this would've happened.

Day #1

Re: No Despair Allowed 25 Jul 2024 14:29 #417791

Daily post

Day #2

Re: No Despair Allowed 26 Jul 2024 12:37 #417853

Daily post.

Day #3

Re: No Despair Allowed 26 Jul 2024 17:27 #417876

• feelinghurt
  • Junior Boarder

Wow שבע יפול צדיק וקם, I'm so impressed with your dedication!  And I like the topic name of "No Despair Allowed" - I wished I knew how important that was long ago, but I didn't, and that's really why today I'm often "Feeling Hurt".

had some struggles over the last week, but I am already on my way to the bright and holy light at the end of the tunnel. 

I love your optimism too... whenever there's a light at the end of tunnel I assume it's on oncoming train...    Keep giving us chizuk!

Re: No Despair Allowed 26 Jul 2024 18:37 #417880

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
feelinghurt wrote on 26 Jul 2024 17:27:

Wow שבע יפול צדיק וקם, I'm so impressed with your dedication!  And I like the topic name of "No Despair Allowed" - I wished I knew how important that was long ago, but I didn't, and that's really why today I'm often "Feeling Hurt".

had some struggles over the last week, but I am already on my way to the bright and holy light at the end of the tunnel.

I love your optimism too... whenever there's a light at the end of tunnel I assume it's on oncoming train...    Keep giving us chizuk!

I was taught that the light at the end of tunnel means NY .... worse than a train!!
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: No Despair Allowed 02 Aug 2024 13:34 #418336

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
Wow you really are your username. For me it can be very hard to get up after a fall.

Re: No Despair Allowed 15 Aug 2024 16:37 #419228

No despair allowed, rabosai. No despair allowed.

Day #9

Re: No Despair Allowed 15 Aug 2024 21:51 #419265

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 100 days
  • Gold Boarder
Is this P or M?
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: No Despair Allowed 15 Aug 2024 23:20 #419271

All of the above.
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes