Welcome, Guest

Today is day 30...and it's getting tough
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 351 Views

Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 04 May 2023 21:01 #395364

• iamvayimaen
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm pretty new to GYE, and the whole forum structure, but I've heard that community is important, so I've decided to post about my journey for the past few months. I've struggled with P&M on and off for many years. There have been times that I've been a gibur (I went over 200 days without), and times that it has completely taken me over. For the past few months it's been rocky, but I am thrilled to have gone 30 days so far. 

I'll be honest: it seems to be getting tougher with time. Perhaps the first week was more or equally as difficult, but the next two weeks felt like a breeze. Now it feels tough again. At times I hear my yetzer hara telling me that it's easy now, that I'll never fall again, and that I should just google an innocuous picture of a woman, come on, it won't be so bad, maybe she'll even be tznius, I just want to see what she looks like.... Other times he tells me that falling is inevitable. 

Re: Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 04 May 2023 21:06 #395365

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. It should be with hatzlocha. An accountability partner would probably be very beneficial for you. Sounds like you are BH very much in control - just have to deal with specific tough moments.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 04 May 2023 21:10 #395366

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
iamvayimaen wrote on 04 May 2023 21:01:
I'm pretty new to GYE, and the whole forum structure, but I've heard that community is important, so I've decided to post about my journey for the past few months. I've struggled with P&M on and off for many years. There have been times that I've been a gibur (I went over 200 days without), and times that it has completely taken me over. For the past few months it's been rocky, but I am thrilled to have gone 30 days so far. 

I'll be honest: it seems to be getting tougher with time. Perhaps the first week was more or equally as difficult, but the next two weeks felt like a breeze. Now it feels tough again. At times I hear my yetzer hara telling me that it's easy now, that I'll never fall again, and that I should just google an innocuous picture of a woman, come on, it won't be so bad, maybe she'll even be tznius, I just want to see what she looks like.... Other times he tells me that falling is inevitable. 

Welcome! That's exactly the way it feels, a cycle. Again and again. I literally just posted about this exactly, right here.

Re: Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 04 May 2023 21:48 #395367

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
welcome. If you strengthen yourself during the good times, such as by reading a book like The battle of the generation, It should help you to resist the temptations and the arguments of the yetzer hara during the more challenging times.

wishing you hatzlacha,
vehkam
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 04 May 2023 22:38 #395369

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the family! Like you said, the strongest power we have here is that we are family, we are here for each other and we are not alone. Stick around, learn the ropes, and reach out to someone live to talk about what's going on in your life. Doing that changed mine. Keep sharing!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 05 May 2023 13:43 #395398

• monseyyid41
  • Current streak: 95 days
  • Expert Boarder
iamvayimaen wrote on 04 May 2023 21:01:

Welcome and thanks for posting. As others have already said, we are all in it together and we're here for you, rooting for your success. Feel free to reach out and connect. And keep posting! It really helps. 
In response to your comments, I think Grant said it best (I'm quoting from his recent post on his thread "Grant's Rants") -
"Some days are brutal, some days are a breeze.
On the hard days it's important I remember the easy ones, on the easy days it's even more important to remember the hard ones."
My thread: Forum (guardyoureyes.com)
We are not all in the same boat, but we are all in the same lake. And when one boat is in trouble, the other boats in the lake can quickly come to his aid. Feel free to reach out to me to give some chizuk or to receive some. monseyyid41@gmail.com

Re: Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 05 May 2023 16:59 #395407

• iamvayimaen
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you to everyone who responded. The chizuk, advice and sense of community is really helpful. 

Re: Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 07 May 2023 22:14 #395448

• richtig
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 04 May 2023 21:06:
Welcome. It should be with hatzlocha. An accountability partner would probably be very beneficial for you. Sounds like you are BH very much in control - just have to deal with specific tough moments.

What are suggestions when seeking an accountability partner/ how do I find one?

Re: Today is day 30...and it's getting tough 08 May 2023 00:49 #395454

• eccentriccomposer
  • Current streak: 299 days
  • Gold Boarder
יהוסף הצדיק wrote on 07 May 2023 22:14:

Hashem Help Me wrote on 04 May 2023 21:06:

What are suggestions when seeking an accountability partner/ how do I find one?

You can contact Hashem Help Me over there, he's helped me and plenty of other people her. Alternatively, you can reach out to someone else here that you feel like you can trust. Hatzlacha Rabba!
I am not active on the forums anymore so much, but I check my email daily, please reach out to me!

Feel free to message me if you need anything, I'll try to respond as soon as I can. I hope I can help!

Email: eccentriccomposer01@gmail.com

Eccentric Trip to Freedom
Daily Dose
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes