Welcome, Guest

learning material
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: learning material 306 Views

learning material 07 Apr 2021 03:49 #366453

Hi Hope everyone had a great Paesach  I was hoping someone in the chat would know of a safer that is specifically about looking at inappropriate things and masturbating, and describes the potential issurim one would violate and punishments one would receive and possible ways to stop your self (almost like the Chafetz Chiam on Lashon Harah but in this subject that I have a major problem in). I feel that if I learn about this topic it would help me control my urge and desire to some extent. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You

Re: learning material 07 Apr 2021 03:57 #366454

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know your situation but most people need alot more than just that.

There is a safer called "Zos Brisi" in Hebrew or English about the issurim, and the book called "Battle of the Generation" (May be able to download for free and available on Amazon) discusses how to stop.

Re: learning material 07 Apr 2021 04:37 #366456

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
You can also check out The Fight by Rabbi Bentzion Shafier as well as the GYE handbook, both are excellent.

Here is the link for the free download of The Battle of the Generation.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
Last Edit: 07 Apr 2021 04:41 by wilnevergiveup.

Re: learning material 07 Apr 2021 09:49 #366466

I personally find the battle of the generation and the fight incredibly helpful but the fight is about a 45 min commitment so its harder for me to commit to listen to one whereas instead I read a chapter of the battle of the generation a night (usually about 3-10 pages) and find this very helpful. For me personally looking at a screen close to bed makes it harder for me to fall asleep not to mention I prefer holding a book in my hands so I ordered it on amazon
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: learning material 11 Apr 2021 17:38 #366664

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
There's also a great book called iObserve that was translated by Rabbi Shalom Muskat that is written in the style you mentioned. You can get it from any sforim store.
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: learning material 11 Apr 2021 18:29 #366668

i second that. its a great book. it is originally a sefer in Hebrew called "Alei Ayin" if that helps you. i highly recommend the English version though.
Get Clean Or Die Tryin'
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes