Welcome, Guest

Insert Catchy Title Here!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Insert Catchy Title Here! 2723 Views

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 13 Apr 2021 12:57 #366766

• strugle613
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Senior Boarder
So far so good. I started a new position at work so I now have a lot to learn and a lot to think about. Usually when I have distractions like this I don't have the mind space to think about lust. So hopefully this will help me out a little bit to keep things good.

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 14 Apr 2021 13:23 #366817

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
B'H was a good day yesterday. Will try to keep the ball rolling today. 

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 15 Apr 2021 12:57 #366875

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
Just checking in again. Another good day yesterday. Work is keeping me busy so no time for anything else.

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 16 Apr 2021 13:30 #366939

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
Last night I couldn't sleep and the lust thoughts started coming around. I have to say thinking about what I would write about the experience helped me think about other things. It was just me thinking how can I express this tomorrow on the forums how I felt and why I didn't really want to do it. So I guess this is proof enough that my ramblings are helping. 

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 19 Apr 2021 13:01 #367085

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
B"H I stayed clean over the weekend. Walking outside was a challenge especially with the weather warming up. I can't say I did as well as I would of hoped. I will just have to make sure I focus more on this in the future to keep myself from looking around more  than I should.

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 19 Apr 2021 16:37 #367098

Hey, at least you realized you didn't do your best. You didn't just think "oh, I saw something, no big deal." You're aware you can do better. That means you can work on yourself and continue to do better. Keep it up!

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 20 Apr 2021 14:53 #367161

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
Checking in. Didn't do so great last night but I did keep my head above water. Problem was that I couldn't fall asleep right away and my mind just likes to wander. I have to think of alternate things to think of in these situations. 

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 20 Apr 2021 15:25 #367165

Yeah its hard at night when the mind is relaxed and naturally wanders - what works for me (still a work in progress) is kind of to remain calm and just do my best not to get worked up about it until I start thinking of a different topic. Can't guarantee this will work for you or anyone else just what works for me.

Wishing you much hatzlocha!
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 21 Apr 2021 13:03 #367197

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
I got a vaccine yesterday so my arm was bothering me and I couldn't sleep very much at all last night. But B"H I didn't have any issues of lustfull thoughts coming around to my mind. It could be just because I was so uncomfortable that it was taking up all my brain space but I will take it none the less. 

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 21 Apr 2021 17:16 #367220

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
strugle613 wrote on 21 Apr 2021 13:03:
I got a vaccine yesterday so my arm was bothering me and I couldn't sleep very much at all last night. But B"H I didn't have any issues of lustfull thoughts coming around to my mind. It could be just because I was so uncomfortable that it was taking up all my brain space but I will take it none the less. 

Kol haCovid!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 21 Apr 2021 19:13 #367227

Markz wrote on 21 Apr 2021 17:16:

Kol haCovid!

That joke was so corny you should make a ha'adama
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 22 Apr 2021 13:18 #367277

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
Markz wrote on 21 Apr 2021 17:16:

Kol haCovid!

B"H nothing to report yesterday was a good day.

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 23 Apr 2021 13:12 #367338

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
Hey look at that 14 days. The days really do seem to go by a lot faster than you would think when you look backwards. It is certainly nice to have 2 weeks again. Just got to keep the ball rolling one day at a time. 

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 25 Apr 2021 13:12 #367364

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
B"H I did well over Shabbos. Specifically in the situations of walking around outside with lots of people around and making sure not to look around through the lens of lust. I hope to keep the ball rolling for today to finish off the weekend well.

Re: Insert Catchy Title Here! 26 Apr 2021 13:41 #367439

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
I had a little bit of an epiphany yesterday. Any time I am able to stay away from something lustful would be a good time to daven for things that I need. That the zechus of me saying no to my desire should help that my tefilah should be answered. This really helped my motivation a few times to say no we don't want anything to do with that lets go daven. 
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes