Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Square one 16473 Views

Re: Square one 06 May 2021 02:48 #368038

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great to see your back on your game!Keep it up!

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: Square one 06 May 2021 08:09 #368044

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder

Re: Square one 06 May 2021 21:57 #368086

Day 21 
3 weeks clean bH

Re: Square one 07 May 2021 04:25 #368115

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You sincerely rock!

Re: Square one 07 May 2021 08:17 #368126

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
How are you celebrating?

Re: Square one 07 May 2021 15:15 #368153

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking_to_improve wrote on 06 May 2021 21:57:
Day 21 
3 weeks clean bH

We must celebrate every victory we score against the yetzer hara in battles of desire. This brings home the message that we gain immensely by doing the right thing. It helps us appreciate what we are doing. Celebrating our accomplishments will make us eager to fight the yetzer hara. We will be so energized that we won’t feel we missed out on anything by not indulging. We will feel ourselves gaining and growing — we will see that we are doing much better than we ever have! We will have something so exciting that we won’t even want to give in to our desires.

When you stop the yetzer hara in his tracks, you must get excited. Think about how hard it was to win, and how great that makes your accomplishment. Recall the list of legendary tzaddikim who did similar acts. Think about how much Hashem cherishes such accomplishments. Remember the true definition of greatness, and realize that these acts put you on your way there. Pump your fist with excitement over what you were able to accomplish.

Think about how fortunate you are. Instead of following a desire, which would have only brought you a brief enjoyment but left you with nothing, you have accomplished something you will be proud of forever! This is another step toward greatness! You are so lucky that Hashem challenged you to enable you to accomplish.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Square one 07 May 2021 15:49 #368161

Looking_to_improve wrote on 06 May 2021 21:57:
Day 21 
3 weeks clean bH

I just got up danced around the block and all the neighbors thought I was drunk

Can't express how incredible it is that you hit 3 weeks! You hear everyone talk about "THE BIG 90", 90 days this 90 days that yada yada yada

but the truth is three weeks is arguably just as impressive! The only thing that is different about 90 is that thats where the science says that the brain is rewired enough to make it easier to stop the habit but the process of saying no to the yetzer hara remains the same on any day.

Really really impressive lets see if we can make it to 30 days!

We're all with you!!
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Square one 08 May 2021 21:17 #368192

Thank you everyone for the encouragement

Day 23
BH I'm clean over shabbos

Re: Square one 10 May 2021 20:46 #368299

Day 25 
BH clean today

Re: Square one 11 May 2021 04:24 #368338

Nice really getting the ball rolling!

Let's see if we can hit 4 weeks!
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Re: Square one 11 May 2021 19:43 #368377

Day 26
A bit more stressful and distracted because of the situation in EY, so need to be a bit careful, but BH today was clean

Re: Square one 11 May 2021 19:46 #368378

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking_to_improve wrote on 11 May 2021 19:43:
Day 26
A bit more stressful and distracted because of the situation in EY, so need to be a bit careful, but BH today was clean

26 is the numeric value of Hashem's name.
Hashem is the one protecting Israel and he's also the one that can help us stay clean.
So all we need to do is daven to his and stay connected, he'll do the rest.
Keep strong!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Square one 11 May 2021 23:06 #368387

Remember how long it took to get here? Do you really want to start over and see a 0 by your name?

You can do it keep it coming!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Re: Square one 12 May 2021 12:46 #368420

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 26

How you doing? Back on track towards an awesome unshackled life?

Re: Square one 12 May 2021 21:07 #368464

Grant400 wrote on 12 May 2021 12:46:

Day 26

How you doing?
Back on track towards an awesome unshackled life?

BH very good. Bar one fall (I think), I'm clean since I changed my filter. It is much more reassuring feeling secure with my filter. I can't become overly dependant on it, but it's a big confidence builder, having not gone more than 2 weeks clean for a long time. BeH I'll will stay back on track.

Day 27 
BH today was clean.

I had a small victory yesterday which I forgot to mention. Remind me to write it up when I get the chance. (It's not long, just it's late now)
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes