Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: On the way 402 Views

On the way 11 Jan 2021 18:23 #361069

• eom308
  • Fresh Boarder
It's been just over a week now. For anyone on here struggling, in whichever areas they may be struggling, I think it's vital to have a support system. The forum and resources on here are great, specifically the partner program. Having a partner(s) and mentor(s) to help keep you moving forward and on the right track is a massive tool.

With Hashem's help I hope to continue and I pray that all of us find the yishuv hadaas and strength we need to keep pushing forward.

Thank you all for the supportive community which has been created here. It's a kiddush Hashem beyond what we can imagine.

Re: On the way 11 Jan 2021 19:15 #361071

• anothershot
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
Welcome! It's great to have you with us! 
My threads:
Giving it another shot

One step at a time

Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi

I am going to beat this monster one step at a time... One day at a time!

Re: On the way 12 Jan 2021 14:24 #361147

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! It's so great to "meet" you! Please tell us more about yourself.

Also please check out these great free resources:

Great book (ebook) for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation.

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

Also, you can sign up for the daily GYE Boost emails/ whatsapps at www.gyeboost.org.
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: On the way 19 Jan 2021 17:10 #361567

• eom308
  • Fresh Boarder
Just a Jew trying to be better. Struggled since I was 13. When I went to Israel when I was 17 is when I began to work on overcoming this struggle and getting better.

I'm now married BH with 3 beautiful children. Just trying to be the best husband I can be.

Thank God my wife is extremely understanding and supportive and has been a massive help throughout my journey. Excited to be a part of such a community of ovdei Hashem

Re: On the way 20 Jan 2021 03:44 #361602

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up tzaddik. You are blessed that your wife is part of your journey. You can never thank her enough. Make sure she keeps hearing your appreciation.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: On the way 21 Jan 2021 06:11 #361667

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome 

I think you've hit the nail on the head when you said 'a community of ovdei Hashem' 
It's a bunch of guys who have done some pretty big aveiros way too many times. That's why we're here. 
So it's important to recognise that no matter what you've done, when you are trying your best to be good, you are a real oived Hashem, even if you are sometimes nichshol in the worst. Don't let your past trap you down and realise that now I'm an oived.
This is the new me and I will stick to being the new me. 

Hatzlocho 

The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: On the way 25 Jan 2021 14:46 #361890

• eom308
  • Fresh Boarder
100%. I thank Hashem every day for my wife and I constantly thank her for her incredible sensitivity. Truly not something to be taken lightly. I'm amazed and it's kept me going bH

Re: On the way 25 Jan 2021 14:50 #361892

• eom308
  • Fresh Boarder
Exactly. There's a story told about a Jew who asked a Chassid, "How much brazenness do you Chassidim have? A true Chassid is someone who goes above and beyond the letter of the law. Yet, you refer to even simple Jews as 'Chassidim.'" The Chassid responded, "You know there's a train that travels from Kiev to Berditchov. Everyone calls it the, "Berditchov Train." However, there are many stops on the way, so why do they call it that? Because regardless of the stops along the way, Berditchov is the final destination."

The takeaway is extremely vital. Yes, we may stumble along the way, we may have "stops," or stumbling blocks, but our ultimate goal is to be those people that we know we can be, ovdei Hashem. We are all ovdei Hashem. May the Master of the world give us strength.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes