Welcome, Guest

There must be a way
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: There must be a way 10804 Views

Re: There must be a way 29 Jun 2021 09:21 #370327

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a little fall this morning. 
Juat a few seconds and masturbation more out of habit than desire. 
The type of fall that says 'don't let this get you down'. 
Trying to brush it off as a mistake rather than getting that feeling that it's hopeless. Kind of like remembering that the mission is the goal.
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2021 09:22 by starting.

Re: There must be a way 28 Jul 2021 13:13 #371270

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Starting how's it going?
We miss you here.
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: There must be a way 02 Aug 2021 06:13 #371353

• starting
  • Platinum Boarder
Really appreciate your enquiring 

I have b"h a lot of work now for these few weeks and when I am not working I try to be with the family as they are home all day and (hopefully) miss me. Yesterday I worked about 8.5-9 hours without a break.

Quick update, bad week last week, clean since Friday with more of a feeling that I need to, want to and will stay relatively clean in the long run, so these 3 days have been much easier b"h. 
I see once again that it's all in the attitude, like now I feel that it's below me and got 3 days so far. Or it could be that my wife went to Mikvah...

Thinking of you a lot and wishing I could come here more

Re: There must be a way 24 Dec 2021 14:18 #375240

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey @Starting, we miss you! How's it going?
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: There must be a way 30 Dec 2021 10:57 #375389

• starting
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks

I've been completely off gye for a couple of months but stayed at about 2 falls every weekend 

Reflecting on the past year I've had many happy moments, many good experiences. 
Also a lot of stress, loads of troubling moments and it's been very hard to work on sobriety as well as trying now is an active struggle, not just avoiding an occasional fall. I often find that I have absolutely no strength to fight and give in to the slightest temptation. 

I do have great filters so the struggles are narrowed down to masturbation and shmiras einayim. 

Earlier this week I have decided that I am low enough to consider this rock bottom and have to give it some real work 
Trying on 2 weeks for now bezh"sh

Re: There must be a way 30 Dec 2021 15:16 #375398

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
starting wrote on 30 Dec 2021 10:57:
Thanks

I've been completely off gye for a couple of months but stayed at about 2 falls every weekend 

Reflecting on the past year I've had many happy moments, many good experiences. 
Also a lot of stress, loads of troubling moments and it's been very hard to work on sobriety as well as trying now is an active struggle, not just avoiding an occasional fall. I often find that I have absolutely no strength to fight and give in to the slightest temptation. 

I do have great filters so the struggles are narrowed down to masturbation and shmiras einayim. 

Earlier this week I have decided that I am low enough to consider this rock bottom and have to give it some real work 
Trying on 2 weeks for now bezh"sh

Welcome back!
Your 2 weeks should be with great siyata dishmaya and the beginning of many more clean happy weeks and months... 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: There must be a way 03 Jan 2022 17:14 #375471

• starting
  • Platinum Boarder
Fell today after 6 days
Continuing as planned Iy"h 

Re: There must be a way 07 Feb 2022 10:52 #376953

• starting
  • Platinum Boarder
It's been a few weeks since my last update 
I had a couple of falls in that time but about a week ago I reached 14 days clean, then fell twice and am clean for 7 days since (slipped a few times) 

I feel like my old 'training' is starting to kick in again, hhm's mehalech which he is continuously writing about ayin shom

A nice chizzuk I heard a story about a previous belzer Rov who was telling sippurei tzaddikim and told about a jew who was makpid not to work before davening 
One morning, someone came to him and presented a deal which one can't refuse but it had to be confirmed immediately, before Shachris 
He had a huge nisayon to accept this deal before davening but he overcame the temptation and declined the offer

That was the end of the story

Many stories end with us seeing unbelievable siyatta dishmaya or miracles and we get a nice chizzuk and see the schar in this world 

But upstairs, they see you looking away and being misgaber and that is the greatest part of the story
That is the incredible Nachas ruach and the most unimaginable simcha in Shamayim 

Umatan scharah usid lavo, whenever and however it is decided 

Appreciate the accomplishment of defeating the yetzer hora

Re: There must be a way 07 Feb 2022 11:46 #376954

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Amazing post!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: There must be a way 08 Feb 2022 22:22 #377080

starting wrote on 07 Feb 2022 10:52:
It's been a few weeks since my last update 
I had a couple of falls in that time but about a week ago I reached 14 days clean, then fell twice and am clean for 7 days since (slipped a few times) 

I feel like my old 'training' is starting to kick in again, hhm's mehalech which he is continuously writing about ayin shom

A nice chizzuk I heard a story about a previous belzer Rov who was telling sippurei tzaddikim and told about a jew who was makpid not to work before davening 
One morning, someone came to him and presented a deal which one can't refuse but it had to be confirmed immediately, before Shachris 
He had a huge nisayon to accept this deal before davening but he overcame the temptation and declined the offer

That was the end of the story

Many stories end with us seeing unbelievable siyatta dishmaya or miracles and we get a nice chizzuk and see the schar in this world 

But upstairs, they see you looking away and being misgaber and that is the greatest part of the story
That is the incredible Nachas ruach and the most unimaginable simcha in Shamayim 

Umatan scharah usid lavo, whenever and however it is decided 

Appreciate the accomplishment of defeating the yetzer hora

Wow not the typical story!! Beautiful!
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

“Human connection can help every sort of struggle” 

If anyone would like to reach me I’d love to help out! 
anonymouslyhappy111@gmail.com

Break free the easy way using the self-talk method!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Check out this thread with packed Insight for every person at every stage! 
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes