Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Back on track 3057 Views

Re: Back on track 23 Jun 2020 05:04 #351664

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Expert Boarder
Day 9 I see how the yetzer hara really trying and getting me to lust at anything around but I’m still clean and with time I will get better and easier. 

I appreciate all the support. 

Re: Back on track 23 Jun 2020 05:20 #351667

Im here and reading all your updates(just saying I get happy when I see you were successful and clean)
Keep plugging away. Remember "No one said its gonna be easy"
Its hard and expect to be, and youll be ready to battle. Hatzlacha!
"You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle."
Battle on, and I always take advice.
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2020 05:21 by battle-of-the-gen.

Re: Back on track 24 Jun 2020 04:40 #351706

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 10 wow ten. I definitely caught myself lusting, and these 10 weren’t perfect. But it’s 10 clean and hopefully the next 10 will be a bit easier. There were a few very hard moments. 

Re: Back on track 25 Jun 2020 04:24 #351769

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 11 The last 48 hours have been my weakest so far. Starting tomorrow I really need to spend more time each day on chizuk and tools. 

Re: Back on track 25 Jun 2020 05:46 #351779

Reach out when your feeling down. A listening ear can go really far. If u wanna reach out to me Im easily accessible at google hangouts.
Also stir the coals of chizuk and get the fire blazing within you.
Hatzlacha!
"You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle."

Re: Back on track 25 Jun 2020 13:48 #351793

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
If you're married with kids and would like a phone partner do reach out. I'm also available. Like BOG (can I call you that way? lol) said, breaking off the isolation is key.
A lending ear can do wonders. Just letting the weight out, and you feel like a new person.
Great work and remember, there will be tough days. Daven to Hashem everyday for sobriety for today, that's all you need. To be sober for today.
That being said, coming here everyday helps to remind me of the good fight.
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו

Re: Back on track 26 Jun 2020 01:36 #351820

Snowflake wrote on 25 Jun 2020 13:48:
Like BOG (can I call you that way? lol) 

Yeh of course; call me whatever you like.

@iwillnevergiveup I think I recall that you said it your circumstances may not allow email or hangouts, but I think its really worth considering either calling or some other anonymous way you feel comfortable being in contact with someone(A way that people wont find out, just gotta be a little creative) . Its done wonders for me. But thats my two cents.
Hatzlacha!

Re: Back on track 28 Jun 2020 07:10 #351886

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 14 Thanks for all the support. While haven’t made all the right decisions, I see myself really thinking out what I’m doing and staying away from certain things when challenges arise.  

Re: Back on track 28 Jun 2020 19:12 #351905

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Try to remember that lusting in normal and it doesnt take away from the greatness of what you're doing! (It's probably the Yetzer Hara trying to ruin your enthusiasm so you'll stop.)
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Back on track 29 Jun 2020 04:23 #351929

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 15 Still gave in to one struggle today. I’ll get this tomorrow. 
Hashem gives me challenges because he wants it to be hard, and he wants me to work hard. So that’s what I’ll do. 

Re: Back on track 29 Jun 2020 06:14 #351931

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
You don't have to be perfect, just give it your best shot. Don't strive for perfection, just try to be better today then you were yesterday and better tomorrow then today.

The trick (as you prob. know...) is just to never give up .

Try to remind yourself again and again why you are doing this and why it's important to you.

Keep it up. Looking forward to hearing good news.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Back on track 29 Jun 2020 15:48 #351950

wilnevergiveup wrote on 29 Jun 2020 06:14:
You don't have to be perfect, just give it your best shot. Don't strive for perfection, just try to be better today then you were yesterday and better tomorrow then today.

The trick (as you prob. know...) is just to never give up .

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Re: Back on track 30 Jun 2020 16:55 #352006

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Life’s battles are designed to be tough.
Though we hope to ace every challenge, we cannot guarantee perfection. We can’t let one mishap define and crush us. We must focus on how much we accomplish and how much greater we reach every time we exert effort to control ourselves, rather than worrying about not being perfect. Focusing on our status in this twisted way is inaccurate, painful, and dangerous.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Back on track 01 Jul 2020 04:26 #352056

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Did great last 2 days, hopefully same tomorrow!

Re: Back on track 01 Jul 2020 04:48 #352059

Lets go! 17 days!
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes