Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Back on track 2828 Views

Back on track 14 Jun 2020 19:43 #351183

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Expert Boarder
It’s been a long time since I posted and I’m starting a new thread today to get back on track. 
I had a streak of about 6 months and than fell about a 2 months ago. Since than I’ve been struggling and haven’t gone 3 days clean. 

I know it all started when my taphsic “expired” and I made a new one today. If I was able to do in the past it means I have the power to do it again. 

I will start each day with the daily boost as well as watch another video at night. Each day I will update my chart, post my progress and share ideas and struggles as well as try to to inspire others. These tools worked for me in the past and will do so again. 

I know this will be very hard at the beginning and will get easier overtime. I will put in the effort and make it happen.

iwillnevergiveup

Re: Back on track 14 Jun 2020 19:52 #351184

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back! 
If you really trust Hashem to fix you - and get out of His way and let Him run your life even just a little - then it will work. And anyone can do it. Anyone can open that door - the key is willingness. But willingness means nothing without hard work . Many addicts do it every day, they get sober and recover one day at a time. So can you!!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Back on track 14 Jun 2020 20:26 #351187

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I've got your back like you've got mine:smiley:.

Nice to have you back!
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
Last Edit: 14 Jun 2020 20:27 by wilnevergiveup.

Re: Back on track 15 Jun 2020 03:24 #351206

Hey welcome back! good to hear from you
"You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle."
Battle on, and I always take advice.

Re: Back on track 15 Jun 2020 16:27 #351238

• Snowflake
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome back!
It takes courage to come back, but there should be no shame at all! We are all, in the end, in day 1.
Getting back on track is much harder on the first week, but it gets better.
Come here every day and you should get a lot of chizuk.
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו

Re: Back on track 16 Jun 2020 04:01 #351282

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 2 Today was actually a bit easier than I thought. Looking forward to another. 

Re: Back on track 18 Jun 2020 00:36 #351435

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 3 Keeping my end of the deal and no major challenges yet. 

Re: Back on track 18 Jun 2020 04:28 #351453

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Keep it up!
Your best teacher for success is your last mistake

Re: Back on track 18 Jun 2020 19:52 #351481

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 4 Putting in the effort to look away when in the street really keeps me focused on the goal here, as well as gives my mind less to think about. 
Thanks to all who read and post here knowing that really helps. 

Re: Back on track 21 Jun 2020 06:03 #351559

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 7 Had a close call over shabbos, but I’m still here and looking forward to great week. 

Re: Back on track 21 Jun 2020 06:10 #351560

Reach to ppl when ur struggling. Dont have to handle it yourself.
"You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle."
Battle on, and I always take advice.

Re: Back on track 21 Jun 2020 12:46 #351572

• wilnevergiveup
  • Platinum Boarder
Nice to hear!

Do you also want to post a little about your struggles? It can be very relieving to post if you ever get stressed etc....

Either way keep us inspired!
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Back on track 21 Jun 2020 15:44 #351581

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
iwillnevergiveup wrote on 21 Jun 2020 06:03:
Day 7 Had a close call over shabbos, but I’m still here and looking forward to great week. 

Keep up the amazing great work! 
Just wanted to share a thought about an area that can positively impact this struggle is developing one’s overall self-control, without specifically targeting this issue. The reason for this is because when a person acts out, his fundamental problem is that he is lacking in his ability to withstand an urge; therefore, when he is faced with a difficult nisayon, he falls apart.

Even if the nisayon of kedushah is too hard to withstand at this point, nonetheless, by working on his general self-control, he will be developing his ability to say “No”, and eventually, kedushah-related nisyonos will also become easier to resist.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Back on track 22 Jun 2020 01:24 #351607

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Any thought on how to work on
self- control in general?

Re: Back on track 22 Jun 2020 13:39 #351635

• Snowflake
  • Gold Boarder
I think I have the same issue, it's hard to battle a strong urge. But perhaps you shouldn't do it alone, reaching out is the best medicine.
If you can't reach out for whatever reason, at least for me, it helps me to think that nothing will happen if I don't act out. Like Dov says, there has been zero reported deaths due to not acting out. Not gonna die B"H. And try to convice myself that not now, but tomorrow I'll do it, or even in 1-2 hours (of course I won't but, the thing is to stall, gain time). Try to relax too, we tend to get tense during an urge. And occupy myself with another activity. Chances are, in 15 mins the urge will be gone.
BTW keep up the great work!!!!
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2020 13:40 by Snowflake.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes