Welcome, Guest

Reflections on Almost 90 days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reflections on Almost 90 days 654 Views

Reflections on Almost 90 days 01 Jun 2020 00:02 #350597

• greenland55
  • Senior Boarder
Today ended the second longest streak of my career.
Brief description below:
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Ultimately filtering has worked for me well, as well as taphsic to a good extent, but I need to have some of my own skin in the game. It's tough to do while single but we'll chug a lug lug on it. I'll be learning in Israel this Fall G-d willing so I would very much like to arrive there clean.
Last Edit: 01 Jun 2020 00:03 by greenland55. Reason: no cat video :(

Re: Reflections on Almost 90 days 01 Jun 2020 03:32 #350604

• bhyy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Almost 90 days, wow! As many will tell you here, just because you fell doesn't mean you rolled down the mountain back to the bottom. It merely means you veered off in a ditch but you are still in the same place. You can enjoy the expansive views of your accomplishments as you dust off and keep going higher and higher. And when you get to Eretz Yisroel, remember Judaism isn't about streaks. Every single day you stayed clean and the amazing 16 hours you persisted today are all in your account. Keep it up!
נאָך אַ שריפה ווערט מען רייַך - After a fire one becomes wealthy.

My email: bhyy@protonmail.com

My thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/349632-Hayom-Yom

Re: Reflections on Almost 90 days 01 Jun 2020 05:41 #350615

That is HUGE! Almost 3 months clean... I'm jealous. Dust off and get right back up, it's the overall picture that matters, not just a streak. And overall your doing great
"You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle."
Battle on, and I always take advice.

Re: Reflections on Almost 90 days 01 Jun 2020 14:01 #350623

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't think i would have lasted 16 hours. You displayed incredible focus and control. As you wrote, the important thing is that you removed the danger. Do not look at the situation like you are starting from scratch. Your continued climb up the mountain is starting afresh from a high plateau way up there. Hatzlocha. Keep inspiring everyone.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Reflections on Almost 90 days 01 Jun 2020 20:47 #350635

• greenland55
  • Senior Boarder
Well thanks a lot for that. It's been 24 hours now and I'm back in the saddle.

remember Judaism isn't about streaks

Yes thank you that's good to keep in mind especially since the counter concept didn't originate here, although it is fun and rewarding to watch it go up. My coach used to say to do the lifts properly, follow the program, and the weight will come. I gave him a bit of a hard time about it and told him "coach, the weight will only come if I lift more weight", but the kids who followed him got stronger and the weight did come to them, and to me when I finally listened. So I think maybe we need to apply that lesson to all areas of growth including shmiras einayim.

Re: Reflections on Almost 90 days 02 Jun 2020 04:47 #350647

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
greenland55 wrote on 01 Jun 2020 20:47:
Well thanks a lot for that. It's been 24 hours now and I'm back in the saddle.

remember Judaism isn't about streaks

Yes thank you that's good to keep in mind especially since the counter concept didn't originate here, although it is fun and rewarding to watch it go up. My coach used to say to do the lifts properly, follow the program, and the weight will come. I gave him a bit of a hard time about it and told him "coach, the weight will only come if I lift more weight", but the kids who followed him got stronger and the weight did come to them, and to me when I finally listened. So I think maybe we need to apply that lesson to all areas of growth including shmiras einayim.

I think you are spot on.

I have tried many times losing weight (and gaining weight) and whenever I focus on a goal I would push push push until I would burnout (or injure myself). Then I would give up until the next go around.

The way I found success, was to make a goal, then make a proper daily/weekly plan, then move the goal to the back burner. Yo can use the goal to motivate you as long as you are clear that the only thing in your power is to stick to the plan.

This for sure applies to all areas of growth. For me B"H I have found the most success here when I move the goal to the back of my mind, and focus everyday on my plan.

Basically the way you put it resonates with me a lot. 

Thanks.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Reflections on Almost 90 days 03 Jun 2020 04:10 #350696

• greenland55
  • Senior Boarder
yeah absolutely, it's kind of shows how Hashem made these difficult to change behaviors so similar. Even reading the AA Big Book is relevant for this.

The way I found success, was to make a goal, then make a proper daily/weekly plan, then move the goal to the back burner. Yo can use the goal to motivate you as long as you are clear that the only thing in your power is to stick to the plan.

This makes sense, so you plan for your intentions and live by your plan. Good way to organize and think about it.
For me now it's been a couple days, stumbling certainly makes things harder but can learn.

Re: Reflections on Almost 90 days 07 Jun 2020 04:59 #350877

• greenland55
  • Senior Boarder
Hi, Things are not going well for me at the moment. Please don't read the below post if you are at under 30 days clean currently or are otherwise feeling discouragable. I really don't want to get anyone to feel down.
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2020 05:00 by greenland55. Reason: formatting

Re: Reflections on Almost 90 days 07 Jun 2020 05:39 #350880

greenland55 wrote on 07 Jun 2020 04:59:
Hi, Things are not going well for me at the moment. Please don't read the below post if you are at under 30 days clean currently or are otherwise feeling discouragable. I really don't want to get anyone to feel down.

Hey brother, I haven't been following your thread, so I don't really feel I'm at a level to give input. But what I will say is that I can definitely relate to feeling confused and unsure about what I should be doing. I don't know what you should do, but maybe you do? If you could do one thing that you think would give you the best chance to improve in this area, what would it be? Therapy? Meetings?I did both, ended up dropping meetings but keeping therapy. Everyone's different. Just saying is that you may already know what your next step should be. Wishing you the best of luck. KOT!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Reflections on Almost 90 days 07 Jun 2020 05:53 #350883

• greenland55
  • Senior Boarder
Yes I think you are correct. I have had enough successes and failure at this point that this is a good question to be asking myself and adapting with. Thank you for that reality.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes