Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Fresh thoughts 12509 Views

Re: Fresh thoughts 30 Aug 2020 05:19 #354348

Day 117-118: Nice shabbos BH. BH, for shabbos. I don't know how I'd stay sane without it. Looking forward to a good week Bezh. Have a great week everyone!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Fresh thoughts 31 Aug 2020 02:07 #354389

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You are awesome and Hashem loves you! Keep inspiring us!! 

Re: Fresh thoughts 31 Aug 2020 14:59 #354410

Day 119: Thanks for the kind words @realestatemogul. 

Not sure why I decided to post in the middle of the day instead of in the evening... Anyways, not much to say really right now. Struggling with some restlessness and time management. I woke up at 7:10, but haven't done a whole lot since then. Have a good day y'all. 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

Re: Fresh thoughts 01 Sep 2020 23:49 #354503

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
This thread should be posted in the dormitory of every yeshiva...... You are such a real guy. Honest and inspiring. Positive and upbeat. Keep it up buddy.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Fresh thoughts 02 Sep 2020 04:05 #354517

Day 120-121: @HashemHelpMe Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, I appreciate it a lot. You inspire me to share and post, even when maybe I'm feeling like I'm too tired to string together a sentence.

Good day today BH. Firstly, I reached my goal of 120 days, so yay me for that! I definitely could not have done it without this great community on the forum. My new goal is 150. 

I went to minyan this morning, and it made my day better. It always does. This applies if I wake up late and need to go to a different minyan, or if I wake early and go to my regular minyan. It just always improves my day. I'm writing this for myself so that  I can better remember to make the right choice when I'm feeling lazy. 

Had a positive breakthrough in university which I'll try and write about tomorrow. Good night!

Re: Fresh thoughts 06 Sep 2020 04:40 #354645

Days 122-125: Nice shabbos BH. Dealing with some tough decision making. Perhaps the best approach is to simply try my best to make the correct and proper choice and daven for siyata dishmaya. At the end of the day, Hashem wants us to operate in nature and make the best choices that we can I suppose. Sometimes I think I over complicate my life by thinking too much lol. Wishing everyone an awesome week!

Re: Fresh thoughts 06 Sep 2020 06:17 #354650

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 06 Sep 2020 04:40:
Days 122-125: Nice shabbos BH. Dealing with some tough decision making. Perhaps the best approach is to simply try my best to make the correct and proper choice and daven for siyata dishmaya. At the end of the day, Hashem wants us to operate in nature and make the best choices that we can I suppose. Sometimes I think I over complicate my life by thinking too much lol. Wishing everyone an awesome week!

Maybe reach out to someone you trust, sometimes that is also what Hashem wants. He doesn't expect you to make all your choices on your own, sometimes you just need to get an objective point of view.

Keep inspiring and keep this streak going!

Wilnevergiveup
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Fresh thoughts 06 Sep 2020 19:27 #354664

Forgive me for not reading through all the 13 pages of your thread. I would however like to add my support. It seems your doing really great, and I hope to follow your thread form now on.

All the best

יהי רצון שהדברים לתועלת

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
We all make choices in life, but in the end, our choices make us.

Re: Fresh thoughts 09 Sep 2020 03:48 #354791

Days 126-128: On my way to my new goal of 150 Bezh. It's pretty nuts how powerful a positive outlook in life can be. No matter how good my life is, a negative outlook can make me feel like I have nothing. Conversely, even when things are tough I can control my feelings to a surprising degree by being hopeful, being positive and kind, and by doing what I can, with what I have, where I am. Hope that made some sense. Pretty exhausted from this thing we call life, or maybe just the day really. Good night!

Re: Fresh thoughts 10 Sep 2020 01:40 #354856

Day 129: I had a tough day today. I had a massive headache for most of the day. It seems the headache came from my glasses pressing against face. Hopefully, I can get them adjusted tomorrow. I took them off in the evening, and since then I've gotten some relief. Doing school on the computer for hours with a massive headache was no fun. I also have loads of work due which is sort of scaring me. I'm also worrying about all sorts of other things. Finding my bashert, or more accurately, I'm more worried about not finding her. Worried about what people think of me. I have a physical issue which I worry people can detect, although it seems like that it is mostly just a worry. (Sorry for being vague, I can't quite just go and describe myself exactly for you, can I?)

I don't know how much sense the above paragraph made. I don't know if it's relatable. Maybe it sounds like I'm just saying crazy things. If so, I apologize. Going through a pretty tough time now on a lot of fronts. I'm in school in a very challenging subject area. Shidduchim is also a great source of stress. Among all the other areas in life. Mental health stuff.

Yes, I'm complaining. Hey, I had a bad day. Ok, sorry for ranting and raving. I'm going to go and write in my gratitude journal app to set my head straight. Also, so important to move my body. Just walking to maariv and back and getting in some more steps has helped me a bit. OK, maybe I don't need to worry, Hashem knows what he is doing. Sorry for the negative vibes. Planning on having the positive Ihavestrength back tommorow Have a great night everyone, and if you made it this far, thanks for reading! Keep on trucking!

Re: Fresh thoughts 10 Sep 2020 02:41 #354857

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for sharing. I read myself in a lot of your posts. Stay positive and have a great night. 
May you be zoche to your bashert quickly and easily.
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Fresh thoughts 11 Sep 2020 03:37 #354920

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on ranting and raving whenever necessary. I look back and realize there were so many times that i acted out instead of sharing my frustrations, pain, rejection, etc with friends. Hatzlocha chaver.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Fresh thoughts 11 Sep 2020 05:14 #354927

Day 130: Far from a perfect day but better than yesterday in a lot of ways BH. I think it's so important for me to note that I can have a tough day, but if I recalculate I can have a good day tommorow. This applies in all areas of my life in a specific and general way. In other news I'm tired. Oh sorry, I meant to say old news. Ok, have a good night y'all! 

Edit: Just wanted to say that filling in about 5 things I'm grateful for in my gratefulness app is massively helpful to me. I did it yesterday and today and crazily it had an effect already. I think I really must do it each day. It's crazy how something so simple seems to help me so much. But hey, cliches are cliches for a reason, right? Gratefulness is the key to happiness and all that. Ok, sorry for the disjointed writing, I'm exhausted. Peace out!

Last Edit: 11 Sep 2020 05:17 by Ihavestrength.

Re: Fresh thoughts 11 Sep 2020 09:59 #354936

I read a similar idea once, that for 1 minute a day a person just thinks about what they are grateful for. Sounds like it really does give a person the proper attitude for life.

We like hearing you rant and rave. Makes you sound more relatable. You're a guy who has good days and bad days, like everyone else. But you seem to have an incredible attitude, which we can all learn from. Keep it up!

יהי רצון שהדברים לתועלת

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
We all make choices in life, but in the end, our choices make us.

Re: Fresh thoughts 11 Sep 2020 11:34 #354941

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 11 Sep 2020 05:14:
Edit: Just wanted to say that filling in about 5 things I'm grateful for in my gratefulness app is massively helpful to me. I did it yesterday and today and crazily it had an effect already. I think I really must do it each day. It's crazy how something so simple seems to help me so much. But hey, cliches are cliches for a reason, right? Gratefulness is the key to happiness and all that. Ok, sorry for the disjointed writing, I'm exhausted. Peace out!

I have done a similar thing in the past (I made a kabalah to work on this from pesach until the summer) and it is life changing.

All the best,
Willnevergiveup
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes