Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Fresh thoughts 12501 Views

Fresh thoughts 24 Apr 2020 01:41 #348720

Day 1: Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well during these crazy times. Today was the first day in my journey to 90 days, and I'm going to post everyday until 90 with G-d's help.

I've been on GYE for a while, with some breaks in between joining and now. Thankfully I've had a lot hatzlacha as a result of the help of many here and offline. This helped me stay "clean" for some very long periods of time, and some short periods as well (which is why I'm here now ). 

In any case, I learned a lot from GYE, and it helped me hugely. In fact, I even achieved my first 90 days on GYE!

In addition to GYE, I've used many different resources in my journey (therapy, friends, family, groups, and reading). My involvement with GYE occurred mostly in the beginning of my journey, but there have been times where I tried to be active here again because I felt it may help me. Those attempts at revival were not very successful and I often felt like I had outgrown GYE. I always posted on my old thread and I think that contributed to making it difficult to start fresh; hence this new topic. 

In any case, sorry for the ramble. If for some odd reason you'd like to check out my old thread, you can do so here: https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time

Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Hopefully I'll get to know some of you over these 90 days and I'll actually stick around this time.

G-d bless!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Fresh thoughts 24 Apr 2020 06:06 #348725

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Always nice to have a fresh start. You keep it going now!
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Fresh thoughts 24 Apr 2020 23:37 #348746

Day 2: Not alot of time to write now, but I did want to check in. I said I'd write everyday until 90, and you can't do that without doing it, lots of time or not  

Ok day, BH. Still alot in my life to be grateful for, even in these crazy times, thank God. 

Wishing everyone a great shabbos and chodesh! 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

Re: Fresh thoughts 26 Apr 2020 03:53 #348754

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Good for you that you took even a little time to keep your posting streak!!

We are rooting for you!

Re: Fresh thoughts 26 Apr 2020 04:52 #348758

Day 3: Thank God, nice shabbos. Would be nice for this lockdown to end though.

Not much to write about, but I think just checking in through a daily post helps to keep me conscious and deliberate about my choices each day. 

Random question: Anyone know why if you go to "90 day chart" > "Personalized chart," your first day clean isn't counted? It just says "start"? Shouldn't that be day number 1? Sorry if this is unimportant and stupid lol, but it's sorta annoying me, and has me thinking, what the heck am I missing? 

Edit: Ah, I think I figured out the answer to the question above. Basically day 1 means that on that day (day 2) you have already achieved 1 day clean. Day 90 means that on that day you achieved 90 days clean already. So, day 90 is really going to be your 91st day clean if you make it through lol. Yay, now I can go to sleep  

Last Edit: 26 Apr 2020 04:55 by Ihavestrength. Reason: I think I figured out the answer to my own question!

Re: Fresh thoughts 27 Apr 2020 02:22 #348784

Day 4: Nothing super eventful today. But good day bh. Hmm... ye, can't really think of something smart to say. Ok, I think I found something. Eat breakfast. Not junk, but something decently healthy. It may be good for you Or maybe not. Seems to help me have energy. Ok, till tommorow, G-d bless!

Re: Fresh thoughts 27 Apr 2020 03:11 #348793

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 27 Apr 2020 02:22:
Day 4: Nothing super eventful today. But good day bh. Hmm... ye, can't really think of something smart to say. Ok, I think I found something. Eat breakfast. Not junk, but something decently healthy. It may be good for you Or maybe not. Seems to help me have energy. Ok, till tommorow, G-d bless!

My breakfast is the same as always: Bran flakes with a bit of milo in the milk (did I say a bit...?) 
The snacking usually proceeds after the allotted breakfast interval, completely separate to the meal.

My Thread

Re: Fresh thoughts 28 Apr 2020 03:32 #348851

Singularity wrote on 27 Apr 2020 03:11:

My breakfast is the same as always: Bran flakes with a bit of milo in the milk (did I say a bit...?) 
The snacking usually proceeds after the allotted breakfast interval, completely separate to the meal.

Ha! Being in the U.S, I needed to Google what in the world Milo is  

Re: Fresh thoughts 28 Apr 2020 04:21 #348855

Day 5: Ok, day BH. Worked outside the house today which was a good change of scenery. This coronavirus shutdown is getting to me, so that ain't too much fun, sure y'all can relate. That's pretty much it I think. No breaking news that I can think of. Well, no news is good news eh? 

Random tip that may or may not be helpful for some people: Download the printable 90 day chart and cross off days. Either on your phone using a pdf editing app (my personal choice) or on a paper. It gives me a sense of time that I find helpful. 

Ok, that's all for me. Good night!

Re: Fresh thoughts 28 Apr 2020 06:02 #348859

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 28 Apr 2020 03:32:

Singularity wrote on 27 Apr 2020 03:11:

Ha! Being in the U.S, I needed to Google what in the world Milo is  

I guess you'd only know the dog from the Mask.

My Thread

Re: Fresh thoughts 29 Apr 2020 02:52 #348896

Day 6: Nothing much to report today. Ok, day. Nothing incredible. Not loving coronavirus life. I suppose I'm sounding a bit like a broken record. Helped someone set up filters on their kid's devices today. Felt like it was my duty to help with that. Ok, are you sleeping yet from boredom? Good, good night! 

Re: Fresh thoughts 29 Apr 2020 03:30 #348902

• Jj123
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
Sometimes boring is best...
Looking forward to hopefully reading some more uneventful posts!
Ps. Really nice of you to set up those filters. Who knows what impact it could have?

Re: Fresh thoughts 30 Apr 2020 03:29 #348964

Day 7: No great shakes today. Therapy. Found it hard to work today. Had some technical difficulties too. Good treadmill/podcast session. 

Ok, that's all for me. Good night!

Re: Fresh thoughts 30 Apr 2020 06:21 #348974

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes I need to jump back on the spinning bike!!

My Thread

Re: Fresh thoughts 01 May 2020 03:55 #349024

Day 8: Stronger urges today. Biology is a heck of a thing. All in all OK day I guess. Really not loving my new Coronavirus life, but hey, ain't that true for lots of folks, so I suppose that isn't too interesting a fact.

Not that I was the dalai lama or anything before this and at total peace, but I was happier generally lol.

Anyways, what's the point? No idea dude. Just ramblin. Thanks for listening and have a good night!  

Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes