Welcome, Guest

This is going to be the time I get to 90!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 49949 Views

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 19 May 2019 02:49 #341270

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I heard that Vort about Rabbi Akiva, that after 12 years away in Yeshiva he came home and overheard someone castigating his wife for letting him be away for so long, and she said she wouldn't mind if he learned another 12 years, so he turned around and went back to Yeshiva. Why he did not at least go in and say hello to her? The answer is that 12 years + 12 years does not equal 24.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 22 May 2019 03:43 #341353

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
#Day 9

What is the expected amount of time until being able to conquer shmiras ayanayim? (I am referring to looking at women on the street not p@&n)

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 22 May 2019 04:03 #341355

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 22 May 2019 05:44 #341357

• cordnoy
Realestatemogul wrote on 22 May 2019 03:43:
#Day 9

What is the expected amount of time until being able to conquer shmiras ayanayim? (I am referring to looking at women on the street not p@&n)

Till right before they close the box on us.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 22 May 2019 18:59 #341366

• higher
  • Current streak: 647 days
  • Gold Boarder
#Day 9

im not a deah so im going to shut up in terms of my own opinion.
i dont know about conquering, but the sefer hachinuch says that it gets easier not to look with each time that u hold back from looking. you can trust him btw.
 tis possible that addicts are different, i dont know.
Last Edit: 22 May 2019 19:00 by higher. Reason: addicts stuff

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 22 May 2019 21:39 #341370

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 22 May 2019 05:44:

#Day 9

I love this response! Great question, great answer. Dovid Hamelech worked on it for a whole lot of time.

Higher, you're right, practice can make it easier, but to conquer..... shtate, "one should not trust himself until the day of death" if I may add - ad v'lo ad bichlal... (including the day of death) - and that was not said about addicts
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 22 May 2019 21:40 by stillgoing. Reason: love the ice cream!

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 24 May 2019 01:22 #341399

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 22 May 2019 21:39:

cordnoy wrote on 22 May 2019 05:44:

#Day 9

I love this response! Great question, great answer. Dovid Hamelech worked on it for a whole lot of time.

Higher, you're right, practice can make it easier, but to conquer..... shtate, "one should not trust himself until the day of death" if I may add - ad v'lo ad bichlal... (including the day of death) - and that was not said about addicts

agreed 100% thats why i said i dont know about conquering.
i still think its helpfull knowing that t can get easier. that was def. said about non addicts, could be addicts too, dunno.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 24 May 2019 22:41 #341416

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Higher, Cordnoy, and HHM!

Higher, it interesting you say that it's easier knowing that it gets easier every time you look. Maybe this goes along with what Cordnoy said earlier on my forum that Humility is really important. I.e. maybe knowing that it will be really hard and appreciating that you have to do your best til the day you die is a healthy perspective. If I was told it will get better and then it doesn't, I would pretty much give up and blame myself. But, knowing that it is a lifelong project that may take years before seeing any improvement. Or, maybe really conquering means fighting it your whole life. Then I can try and persevere and stay strong like every other area of avodas hashem.

#Day11

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 26 May 2019 04:13 #341425

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
Realestatemogul wrote on 24 May 2019 22:41:
Thanks Higher, Cordnoy, and HHM!

Higher, it interesting you say that it's easier knowing that it gets easier every time you look. Maybe this goes along with what Cordnoy said earlier on my forum that Humility is really important. I.e. maybe knowing that it will be really hard and appreciating that you have to do your best til the day you die is a healthy perspective. If I was told it will get better and then it doesn't, I would pretty much give up and blame myself. But, knowing that it is a lifelong project that may take years before seeing any improvement. Or, maybe really conquering means fighting it your whole life. Then I can try and persevere and stay strong like every other area of avodas hashem.

#Day11

yup.
general rule: whatever works for you works. if it doesnt work for you...goodbye charlie.   
as an aside: i was just repeating a chinuch that was focusing on weakining the tayvah to look. (there are many well known stories of gedolim that even in their old age they were extremely careful in shmiras einayim. obviously conquering is something else.)  i could say that this personally does work for me. (yay, i know-but i can def. hear it working for others im not so wierd...and it is a chinuch after all). and it has worked for me in the past. 
p.s. i believe the chinuch is saying a reality that goes beyond what does or doesnt work for people but thats a separate discussion and as i love to point out-addicts may be a whole diff. subject.
Last Edit: 26 May 2019 04:16 by higher.

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 27 May 2019 03:32 #341456

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
#Day14

I decided I'm gonna start adding hashtags post my post.

#Humility
#Truckin
#ShmirasAynayim
#LoveHashem

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 27 May 2019 03:36 #341457

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
great idea!
lemme try too.
#n
#na
#nach
#nachman meuman.
there. now im set! 

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 02 Jun 2019 14:06 #341575

• Jewish
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I just joined.
I liklike the heading of this group and I too am going to try my best to make sure this is the time I make it to 90 days! 

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 06 Jun 2019 04:50 #341655

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Jewish! Thanks for the positive feedback and trying our best is all Hashem wants!

#Day24
#Soldier
#Positive
#Trucking
#SometimesTough
#BH
#TYH
#Hugs

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 06 Jun 2019 13:05 #341660

Ha! These hashtags are surprisingly expressive. Nice job, KUTGW!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 13 Jun 2019 03:43 #341720

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
#Day31
#Busy
#StayFocused
#Eyeontheprize
#KabalosHaTorah
#TYH
#GYE