Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Reflections 23889 Views

Re: Reflections 30 Apr 2017 05:24 #311901

• Chaimel
  • Current streak: 51 days
  • Expert Boarder
Checking in, shabbos was wonderful bh

Re: Reflections 30 Apr 2017 11:29 #311915

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep up the great attitude. You are something special.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Reflections 03 May 2017 03:44 #312172

• Chaimel
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks! Past couple days have been a real struggle especially on the dating front, bh still focused and moving ahead. Iyh today will be another success!!!

Re: Reflections 03 May 2017 08:06 #312188

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Chaimel wrote on 28 Apr 2017 02:48:
Another great day bh!
as I'm walking by work doing an inspection I noticed a dirty magazine on the floor, thank you GYE for making me be able to be conscious enough not to pick it up!

maybe you should consider retiring from your job as manager of that adult shop..

Bhatzlocha! And b'sha'ah tovah!
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Reflections 04 May 2017 03:52 #312259

• Chaimel
  • Expert Boarder
Singularity wrote on 03 May 2017 08:06:
maybe you should consider retiring from your job as manager of that adult shop..

Hey, mans gotta make a living
thanks!
bh on day 13!

Re: Reflections 04 May 2017 04:05 #312261

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
keep it up chaimel!

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Reflections 04 May 2017 08:51 #312264

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Chaimel wrote on 04 May 2017 03:52:

Singularity wrote on 03 May 2017 08:06:

Hey, mans gotta make a living
thanks!
bh on day 13!

Good thing you didn't look up at the shelves!!!

Magazines on the floor tend to be dirty, what with people trodding over em all day.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Reflections 05 May 2017 02:18 #312331

• Chaimel
  • Expert Boarder
Rough going at work, bh another successful day!

Re: Reflections 05 May 2017 13:23 #312359

• tzedekchaim
  • Current streak: 2239 days
  • Gold Boarder
Great, positive, upbeat, and steady groove you got going there, keep it up. Very inspiring.

Re: Reflections 05 May 2017 15:28 #312378

• Chaimel
  • Expert Boarder
Feedback is much appreciated!!! It makes me feel bubbly inside to know that people care, thanks for the Chizuk!!

What a beautiful community this is! It's a huge kiddush hashem!

Id also like to apologize for not introducing myself properly, when I was in EY b4 pesach (partially to celebrate 180 days, but I couldn't tell people that) I spent close to 2 hrs typing up an intro post and when I hit submit it got deleted. (Sign from hashem or just the YH??)

r miller explains that the same way we have a natural tendency to love money we should try to have the same drive to perfect ourselves.

id like to add that a person naturally wants to be good. So we do have a drive to perfect ourselves, only we get discouraged when things aren't going well but the same way a person never stops trying to make money even if they aren't at all successful at first, we should never stop trying to get better even though it's tiny baby steps that can be frustrating. 

Bottom line:
NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!

have a wonderful sober shabbos all iyh!!
Last Edit: 05 May 2017 15:32 by Chaimel.

Re: Reflections 05 May 2017 15:56 #312383

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Current streak: 158 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Chaimel wrote on 05 May 2017 15:28:
Feedback is much appreciated!!! It makes me feel bubbly inside to know that people care, thanks for the Chizuk!!

What a beautiful community this is! It's a huge kiddush hashem!

Id also like to apologize for not introducing myself properly, when I was in EY b4 pesach (partially to celebrate 180 days, but I couldn't tell people that) I spent close to 2 hrs typing up an intro post and when I hit submit it got deleted. (Sign from hashem or just the YH??)

r miller explains that the same way we have a natural tendency to love money we should try to have the same drive to perfect ourselves.

id like to add that a person naturally wants to be good. So we do have a drive to perfect ourselves, only we get discouraged when things aren't going well but the same way a person never stops trying to make money even if they aren't at all successful at first, we should never stop trying to get better even though it's tiny baby steps that can be frustrating. 

Bottom line:
NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!

have a wonderful sober shabbos all iyh!!

What a good post!!!! I love it
My email:jacdoja@gmail.com
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

להטות לבבנו אליו ללכת בכל דרכיו ולשמר מצותיו וחקיו ומשפטיו אשר צוה את אבתינו
כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים

Re: Reflections 07 May 2017 08:05 #312428

• Chaimel
  • Expert Boarder
Gut voch!
shabbos was brutal. Bh still moving ahead. 
Thank you hashem for another day! i feel undeserving of all these gifts! Thank you hashem!

Re: Reflections 07 May 2017 08:13 #312429

• Chaimel
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you hashem for giving me a place to ramble and to all of you reading and responding!

a few months after my bar mitzvah I missed minyan, and my older sister said that this is an opportunity to show why we do things. Once the excitement wore off and you still keep it up you know your intentions are for hashem. I think this is in a way explaining why I'm having a harder time reaching 90 for the 2nd time then reaching 218 the first time around also why there's an element of excitement now. Now I'm moving forward. Now's the chance for me to show myself that I can be self motivated to do gods will. May we all continue growing iyh!

Thanks for your support in my ramblings!

Re: Reflections 07 May 2017 11:18 #312431

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Your attitude is super! The fact that you were honest that you fell after 218 and didnt just throw in the towel and stop posting is the best sign that you have what it takes b'ezras Hashem to succeed. Before GYE when i fell i would just keep on m**** out of yi'ush. You are a real inspiration. By the way 218 is gimatria rei'ach and 17 - tomorrow's number for you is tov. Symbolic. Continued hatzlocha.

Re: Reflections 08 May 2017 05:07 #312528

• Chaimel
  • Expert Boarder
I spent years in therapy mainly for depression. I'm so overwhelmed with gratitude to hashem that I'm dating a wonderful girl now, tonight we "dropped the shadchan" 
I'm nervous and excited at the same time. 
I almost cried tonight. I haven't cried in over ten years besides when I was stone drunk. 
I shared with her that I've been dealing with depression and we'll see what she comes back with. 

This is probably why I'm struggling so much with my count these days. Trying not to fall now is much harder.

JUST RAMBLING 
thanks guys for the much appreciated support. My life is so good but you guys are just pushing me up to the next level.
thanks tons!
this post is probably incoherent but I think it's important that I post it anyway 
Last Edit: 08 May 2017 05:08 by Chaimel.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes