Welcome, Guest

The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 81190 Views

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 30 May 2017 23:23 #314535

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It may be cheesy... But that's why I'm postin' this before shavuot

Why do I think It will be All right
If I just click on that website

Why do I think I'll be ok
If I just take a peak and then look away

Haven't I learned anything from the past
Let lust thru the door and he"ll move fast

Let him in for a little while
He will stick around and make you vile

Give him 20 minutes - or a little less
You will become his slave, you"ll regress

So when Mr lust knocks on the door
Get on gye and nothing more

Surrender to the one above
Call your friends and pull the plug
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 02 Jun 2017 14:32 #314561

• tzedekchaim
  • Current streak: 2239 days
  • Gold Boarder
Beautiful! KUTGW 

I wonder if we can collect all the good lyrics written on this website and get some composers to put out the GYE album of chizuk music...

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 08 Jun 2017 01:45 #314883

• hakolhevel
  • Platinum Boarder
An album sounds nice... As long as I don't have to sing, because if I do nobody will listen

In other news, I have started to feel like a starved individual, and that maybe a deserve a little taste of "the good life". I have even peeked at photos of "permitted women" (like woman who are wearing most of their clothes, at least that's my excuse, but you know and I know it's a pretty bad excuse). People post all the time in the forum along for ideas, I don't think I need ideas on what I need to do, because it's quite strait forward. I just need someone to 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 08 Jun 2017 02:31 #314884

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't want to be arrested so I wont slap you, but you better cut it out immediately. The YH is wise and patientand gets us into aveira with baby steps. You know good and well how bad we feel after acting out. Go to the complete other direction, like the nazir who walks around a vineyard and doesn't even innocently walk through it. Every move away from aveira breaks the habit more and give you more divine protection.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 12:06 #315082

• hakolhevel
  • Platinum Boarder
Well that was a humbling experience, from 114 days back down to 1. As you may have noticed from my last few posts I had been struggling as of late. Right now I will not focus on the cause of the fall and what can be done for the future. Rather I will focus on post falling.(no pun intended)

In the past after a fall I would immediately think about Teshuvah and oy vey, how am I ever going the the high spiritual madregah that I was for being clean a week 2 or 3, and in what ways will Hashem punish me (not just in olam haba)

But now I have learned that that is just poison and won't get me anywhere. What I really want is my sanity, I miss my sanity. and this is my prayer to Hashem - Hashem, I know you love me despite what I have done, please help me regain my sanity, one day at a time.

Sincerely Hakol Hevel

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 12:29 #315086

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Hakolhevel wrote on 12 Jun 2017 12:06:
Well that was a humbling experience, from 114 days back down to 1. As you may have noticed from my last few posts I had been struggling as of late. Right now I will not focus on the cause of the fall and what can be done for the future. Rather I will focus on post falling.(no pun intended)

In the past after a fall I would immediately think about Teshuvah and oy vey, how am I ever going the the high spiritual madregah that I was for being clean a week 2 or 3, and in what ways will Hashem punish me (not just in olam haba)

But now I have learned that that is just poison and won't get me anywhere. What I really want is my sanity, I miss my sanity. and this is my prayer to Hashem - Hashem, I know you love me despite what I have done, please help me regain my sanity, one day at a time.

Sincerely Hakol Hevel

So, why not focus on what can be done for the future? Is that poison as well?
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 14:38 #315094

• LifneiHashem
  • Current streak: 735 days
  • Gold Boarder
That thank you to trouble was accidental. How do I remove it?

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 14:39 #315095

• LifneiHashem
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry about the fall. Been following your thread and learning a lot. 

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 14:45 #315096

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
LifneiHashem wrote on 12 Jun 2017 14:38:
That thank you to trouble was accidental. How do I remove it?

Consider it removed.

I love you too.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 14:51 #315097

• eslaasos
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble is a synonym for opportunities for growth and we can grow from the trouble in our lives - and from Trouble also.
Quotes that speak to me
What do we replace it with....Life (Cordnoy)
My Thread    My Other Thread

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 15:55 #315101

• hakolhevel
  • Platinum Boarder
No it's not poison, it was just too raw and painful for me this morning to discuss future strategy.

I find right after I fall I am most suceptable to falling again. By focusing on the pain of how insane I feel, but at the same time not being depressed by realizing hashem still loves me has BH stopped me from falling again ( and I have had the urge). As the pain of the insanity wears off, that's when I need to get cracking and get to work        ( probably another half a day).

Thank you everyone for being here and let's keep the discussion going as there it's alot more that I would like to get out of my head and type it out.

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 16:07 #315102

• hakolhevel
  • Platinum Boarder
LifneiHashem wrote on 12 Jun 2017 14:39:

Just goes to prove what you wrote in your thread
"Things have been going pretty smoothly, & I can honestly say I that for most of the past 2 1/2 months I had minimal desire to act out. I was tempted to believe that I was "cured", but after reading so many other people's experiences, I knew not to be fooled and i needed to keep my up my gaurd."

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 16:12 #315105

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Hakolhevel wrote on 12 Jun 2017 16:07:

"Things have been going pretty smoothly, & I can honestly say I that for most of the past 2 1/2 months I had minimal desire to act out. I was tempted to believe that I was "cured", but after reading so many other people's experiences, I knew not to be fooled and i needed to keep my up my gaurd."

Yup me too

Gotta Guardmyguard
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 16:18 #315107

• LifneiHashem
  • Gold Boarder
Hakolhevel wrote on 12 Jun 2017 16:07:

I wrote that? Nice to reminisce about a time when apparently things were going smoothly for me. Sure ain't the case nowadays. 

Re: The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:) 12 Jun 2017 21:40 #315134

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear about the fall, but now you know it can be done for extended periods of time. Do it again!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes