Welcome, Guest

Journey of one day at a time
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Journey of one day at a time 144006 Views

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 14:40 #312535

Day 1: My mind is very confused. I fell on shabbos and then again on sunday. To be honest, I feel like acting out again. Yes, I know it will only make things worse. Well, the situation sucks, but what choice do I have? All I can do is pick myself up and try again. I was thinking about not going for the 90 days again. As in not to actively count the days. In truth though, I think it helped more than not. So I will iy'h count the days. What will I do differently this time around? I don't know. I'm too confused to figure that out. Right now, I'm just doing all I can not to act out. Thinking about newer and harder things that I'll need to do, is just stressing me out and making me want to act out even more. 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 14:46 #312537

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. I can relate to those feelings of withdrawal after acting out. I find them to be very tough also. But just take care of yourself. That's all you need to do now. You can think about it later. I'm sure you had these thoughts in the past and it clearly didn't help, because you ended up here. 
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 14:46 #312538

• cordnoy
sorry to hear that.

how about perhaps by makin' a list of things you have done already.
perhaps in column next to it, give a check or x, dependin' on if they were helpful, beneficial or productive.
In the next column, explain (briefly) why.

Then, prepare a list of other recovery options.
Leave the columns next to them blank for a while, and see what speaks to you.

keep us posted please

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 15:02 #312540

Yesterday, I thought my problem was not taking responsibility for my life and everything in it. Owning my decisions, accepting reality even when it's not pleasant, like after acting out. Even hoping that my problems will go away through "stopping" is a form of abdicating responsibility, because it's an attempt to pin my whole life's problems and responsibilities on a specific thing. It's a silent hope that things will become easy and light when I take care of this problem. Thing is, I think that all this about not taking responsibility is true. But right now I have the emotional stamina of an infant. The ability to endure pain and do things when they are difficult.. ain't in my toolbox right now. 

@shlomo24 I agree with you. I think right now I need to be a bit kinder with myself. These feelings of withdrawal are like being sick, very sick. I don't know if now is the time to push myself too much. (I think that's somewhat the idea of what you were saying, sorry if I twisted it)

@cordnoy Thanks for the sympathy and actionable advice.
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 15:36 #312543

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Current streak: 158 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavenostrength wrote on 08 May 2017 14:40:
Day 1: My mind is very confused. I fell on shabbos and then again on sunday. To be honest, I feel like acting out again. Yes, I know it will only make things worse. Well, the situation sucks, but what choice do I have? All I can do is pick myself up and try again. I was thinking about not going for the 90 days again. As in not to actively count the days. In truth though, I think it helped more than not. So I will iy'h count the days. What will I do differently this time around? I don't know. I'm too confused to figure that out. Right now, I'm just doing all I can not to act out. Thinking about newer and harder things that I'll need to do, is just stressing me out and making me want to act out even more. 

the problem is, that you are counting 90 days in one shot, and you are wrong, you have to count 90 days todays!!!! every day is separate, you are working just for TODAY, not for the next 90 days, don't look back, don't look forward, look only for this current moment.
don't give up, don't run away, you are not alone, do you have a partner? until I got my great partner, I didn't do that good, its a whole new world for me, get someone, and be in touch with him..
My email:jacdoja@gmail.com
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

להטות לבבנו אליו ללכת בכל דרכיו ולשמר מצותיו וחקיו ומשפטיו אשר צוה את אבתינו
כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 17:26 #312554

• Chaimel
  • Current streak: 51 days
  • Expert Boarder
I spent a lot of time beating up on myself and it made matters much worse.

rooting for you! 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 18:22 #312562

Guess I fell again. Didn't masturbate but tried looking up sexual audio and pictures on tzil vazemer/whisk for women . Didn't find much (except a good recipe for honey, blueberry cheese muffins)  However I found enough to spend significant amount of time searching like a crazy man. Yes I'm a bit crazy, but saying so ain't helping me. Just makes me feel worse. Yes, I know there is something called a browser, but thankfully mine is monitored. Ok, trying to forget the past and just live in the moment. Harder than it sounds.

Last Edit: 08 May 2017 18:27 by cordnoy.

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 19:04 #312571

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Here is some posts that might give you a boost.
(Start at the post that the link sends you to and read thtu the next 2 pages...)
ENJOY!
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!
Last Edit: 08 May 2017 19:06 by mayanhamisgaber.

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 20:14 #312583

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Cordnoy. You're hysterical.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 20:18 #312584

Shlomo24 wrote on 08 May 2017 20:14:

Falling can definitely create entertainment value. Suffering for the cause.

Last Edit: 08 May 2017 20:19 by Ihavestrength.

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 20:35 #312585

• tiger
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
Sorry to hear about your fall, 

I think the fact that you are posting your fall and involving everybody here that shows how much you have grown, you are still falling but almost looks like yoy are looking down somewhat removed from the fall in a way that you can talk about it and are looking for the way out!! I imagine that a while back you did not deal with a fall THIS way!!!

Just wanted to point that out!! Also what shivisi is saying rings home that maybe you can make your recovery Abit more real by having a safe partner, step up to the plate!!

You really inspire me 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 21:46 #312591

• YidFromMonsey
  • Current streak: 1653 days
  • Gold Boarder
Ihavenostrength wrote on 08 May 2017 15:02:
Even hoping that my problems will go away through "stopping" is a form of abdicating responsibility, because it's an attempt to pin my whole life's problems and responsibilities on a specific thing. It's a silent hope that things will become easy and light when I take care of this problem. 

In my journey, acting out was the solution to all my problems, it took some time till I realized that and only then was I able to face it.....
You're better than yesterday but not as good as you're gonna be tomorrow. - Harvey

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 23:01 #312596

• cordnoy
Shlomo24 wrote on 08 May 2017 20:14:

II didn't notice my hysterical comments.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Journey of one day at a time 08 May 2017 23:40 #312599

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihave, sorry you are having a rough time. Try to be proud how far along you got and realize you can do it again. The sickest part of this sickness is the powerful yi'ush that comes after we fall. Instead of celebrating a great accomplishment, we get washed away in the tidal wave of despair. You know we are here for you, be there for yourself too. Praying for you.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Journey of one day at a time 09 May 2017 00:55 #312604

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Shivisi_Hashem wrote on 08 May 2017 15:36:

Ihavenostrength wrote on 08 May 2017 14:40:

Shivisi HJashem wrote:

the problem is, that you are counting 90 days in one shot, and you are wrong, you have to count 90 days todays!!!! every day is separate, you are working just for TODAY, not for the next 90 days, don't look back, don't look forward, look only for this current moment.

Love the message. So true. We need to really internalize thuis message.
Having had a couple of runs of sobriety that ran in the hundreds of days I know all too well how it feels to start again. There is a voice from within that is very depressive. It's a nagging voice that is trying to get you to think that until you run up another long run you just ain't a winner. 
I'm embarrassed to say that it took me a long time to fully appreciate the fact that this is totally false. Just appreciate each precious moment of sobriety. work your program and begin to really live.I am 19 days
clean and I can honestly say I am happier than I have ever been. I am more educated than before in this compulsion, understand myself before, more serious about my program and not as self-assured- otherwise known as arrogant). have made better gedarim, learning more...

One day, one hour even one moment is precious. 
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes