Welcome, Guest

Maybe we should just close down GYE?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 13174 Views

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 28 Dec 2016 03:58 #301351

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 28 Dec 2016 01:43:
Relax everyone.  Unfortunately, GYE still has plenty of work to do, so, be'H, it's not going away anytime soon.

Although typically I'm a big believer in humor, in this case, it seems a lot of people took it seriously and personally.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 28 Dec 2016 04:11 #301353

• Aryeh821
  • Current streak: 591 days
  • Gold Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 28 Dec 2016 03:58:

Relax everyone.  Unfortunately, GYE still has plenty of work to do, so, be'H, it's not going away anytime soon.

Although typically I'm a big believer in humor, in this case, it seems a lot of people took it seriously and personally.

maskim when i first read it i didnt think he was being serious and was just using it as a shock tactic but after i saw that a lot of people did im not so sure anymore how much was a serious and how much wasn't 

but i think as dovs approach works and he has the best results shouldn't he get the most say?    
Soberity is a journey NOT a destination 

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 28 Dec 2016 04:22 #301355

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Aryeh821 wrote on 28 Dec 2016 04:11:

stillgoing wrote on 28 Dec 2016 03:58:

maskim when i first read it i didnt think he was being serious and was just using it as a shock tactic but after i saw that a lot of people did im not so sure anymore how much was a serious and how much wasn't 

but i think as dovs approach works and he has the best results shouldn't he get the most say?    

I don't think that he meant it literally at all, what I meant was that since a lot of people apparently did thinks so, it probably should be clarified (as kedusha just did).

When you say "dovs approach works", It's true, but is it the only approach that works? And will it nessaserally work for everyone? I'm also not sure how one can judge "best results".
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 28 Dec 2016 04:23 by stillgoing.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 28 Dec 2016 04:30 #301357

• Aryeh821
  • Current streak: 591 days
  • Gold Boarder
the way i see it is lmashal you come to forest and there is a clear paved path to the other side however someone says why should i use that path? why dont i just try my own?
i guess i was looking at best  results as longest real sobriety but now that Im thinking about it i guess longest and real are contradictory but l'maiseh he is and has been sober longer than anyone else right that has to count for something right?  
Soberity is a journey NOT a destination 

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 28 Dec 2016 09:28 #301379

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
don't mind my $0.02 but going through some very old posts i found this (part of a con
Dov wrote on 01 Nov 2013 02:29:

As I respond, I pray you have what some do not have: the ability not to take things so dang personally. I believe that you have it, so here I go. (Uh, oh...not a great introduction... )

so it would seem this is an old problem that Dov is aware of (this is from a drop more than 3 years ago) and yet people were still using him to grow and i hope that will not stop
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!
Last Edit: 28 Dec 2016 09:30 by mayanhamisgaber.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 28 Dec 2016 12:24 #301384

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
found another one
gibbor120 wrote on 20 Nov 2013 23:48:
I vote for Dov for most misunderstood member of GYE (and possibly most influential at the same time). Influential people are often misunderstood (at least until they die), oh well :sigh:.
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 28 Dec 2016 15:13 #301405

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Someone somewhere above mentioned that they are afraid of Dov or something to that extent.  Fear is a great topic to discuss. I can really relate to fear of people. The fear of people was inculcated in me by my father and some of my teachers and Rebbeim.  One time when in  beis medrish I had a Rebi who made me feel comfortable and I started to open up to him about an issue in emunahI I was dealing with. Little did I know that he was only making me feel at ease so he could lower the blow of judgment on me and use it as manipulation tactic to get me under his control. I still some resentment there.   
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 04 Jan 2017 22:13 #302226

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Ouch!

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 05 Jan 2017 00:29 #302251

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
serenity wrote on 28 Dec 2016 15:13:
Someone somewhere above mentioned that they are afraid of Dov or something to that extent.  Fear is a great topic to discuss. I can really relate to fear of people. The fear of people was inculcated in me by my father and some of my teachers and Rebbeim.  One time when in  beis medrish I had a Rebi who made me feel comfortable and I started to open up to him about an issue in emunahI I was dealing with. Little did I know that he was only making me feel at ease so he could lower the blow of judgment on me and use it as manipulation tactic to get me under his control. I still some resentment there.   

Only some resentment? That's pretty generous of you.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes