Welcome, Guest

On the shoulders of those before me
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: On the shoulders of those before me 49474 Views

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 03 Mar 2017 04:22 #307318

• LifneiHashem
  • Current streak: 735 days
  • Gold Boarder
Day 180.Around a month ago I logged onto my online banking app, and as there often is, there was a photo on the login page. It was innocent enough, just a guy at a computer, and a girl looking over his shoulder. Since I've been practicing guarding my eyes, I should have just moved into the next page, but instead I lingered a bit too long... her top was revealing...good looking couple...must be great in bed together etc etc. I came to my senses and used the lessons I've learned here to snap out of it, but the picture took up residence in my mind for a day or two, causing plenty of issues in my sick head. Anyway, today when I logged on this particular picture was back, but this time I  away moved right along to the next page.It's funny to write this story. This is my great success? My growth? How silly. Option 1) I've seen SO much worse than this, am I trying to pretend to be a tzadik who never sees anything remotely not tznius?Option 2) I'm such a sicko that an innocent photo can send me right back to hell If I'm not careful.I'm not really sure what the point of this post is, but mazel tov! 6 months! The first time in my entire lifetime. Thank you to all gye'ers who have made this journey before me. You have lifted me on your shoulders.LH

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 03 Mar 2017 08:31 #307341

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
LifneiHashem wrote on 03 Mar 2017 04:22:
Day 180.Around a month ago I logged onto my online banking app, and as there often is, there was a photo on the login page. It was innocent enough, just a guy at a computer, and a girl looking over his shoulder. Since I've been practicing guarding my eyes, I should have just moved into the next page, but instead I lingered a bit too long... her top was revealing...good looking couple...must be great in bed together etc etc. I came to my senses and used the lessons I've learned here to snap out of it, but the picture took up residence in my mind for a day or two, causing plenty of issues in my sick head. Anyway, today when I logged on this particular picture was back, but this time I  away moved right along to the next page.It's funny to write this story. This is my great success? My growth? How silly. Option 1) I've seen SO much worse than this, am I trying to pretend to be a tzadik who never sees anything remotely not tznius?Option 2) I'm such a sicko that an innocent photo can send me right back to hell If I'm not careful.I'm not really sure what the point of this post is, but mazel tov! 6 months! The first time in my entire lifetime. Thank you to all gye'ers who have made this journey before me. You have lifted me on your shoulders.LH

MAZELTOV LH! Very inspiring! Keep moving forward!!

I think option 2 is more accurate. It's the first sip. Like Rav Twerski's famous story. I'll share:

A recovering alcoholic was at a party and was offered a drink by his friend. He refused politely, saying he was an alcoholic, but he accepted a glass of punch. At the first sip, he realised it was spiked. He went into an absolute panic and phoned the rov. He asked, "What do I do? I'm afraid I'm going to drink! How do I fix this?!?"

After a tiny sip of a low-alcohol-content diluted punch?

This, says the rov, is the true meaning of aveira goreres aveira. And addicts have the zechus to live those words. The mussar touches them more than anything.

So don't think you're insane. Well, you may be. But at least you're being sane about it ;-)
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 03 Mar 2017 16:20 #307381

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
LifneiHashem wrote on 03 Mar 2017 04:22:

Choice three- Not a tzadik, not a sicko- a guy who's done amazing work for recovery and doesn't want to mess it up so may focus too much on small things like this.

Just move on and take lots of pride in where you are

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 05 Mar 2017 18:23 #307463

• tzedekchaim
  • Current streak: 2239 days
  • Gold Boarder

Choice three- Not a tzadik, not a sicko- a guy who's done amazing work for recovery and doesn't want to mess it up so may focus too much on small things like this.

Just move on and take lots of pride in where you are

Wow, Thank you workingguy!  

Very subtle, very deep. Really sheds a lot of glorious positive energy on this whole shebang!! 

Mazal tov lifneiHashem!!!! you should continue to have tremendous hazlacha especially at times when you feel you don't.

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 05 Mar 2017 19:23 #307467

• LifneiHashem
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you! 
Yesterday too much eye candy. Life goes on. 

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 06 Mar 2017 00:34 #307520

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye candy? Wow, these candy makers have gotten inventive. Were you practicing for Purim?
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 06 Mar 2017 01:07 #307521

• LifneiHashem
  • Gold Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 06 Mar 2017 00:34:
Eye candy? Wow, these candy makers have gotten inventive. Were you practicing for Purim?

Sure hope not

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 19 Mar 2017 02:47 #308508

• LifneiHashem
  • Gold Boarder
Thought during leining today (I know it's not the pshat): when Moshe was coming down with the luchos  after Hashem told him about the Eigel, yehoshua said he heard sounds of battle from the camp. Moshe said no, it's sound of "Anos"- pain. He didn't say it's sound of rebellion or debauchery or prikas ol. the sound they were making during all their sinning was that of pain. 

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 30 Mar 2017 17:18 #309724

• LifneiHashem
  • Gold Boarder
On business trip now. Told myself I would prepare in advance in
order avoid any challenges but didn't get around to it. Any suggestions would be great. 

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 30 Mar 2017 17:53 #309729

• cordnoy
LifneiHashem wrote on 30 Mar 2017 17:18:
On business trip now. Told myself I would prepare in advance in
order avoid any challenges but didn't get around to it. Any suggestions would be great. 

There is a thread designated for this.
i forgot the name.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 30 Mar 2017 18:22 #309730

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You probably mean this one
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 31 Mar 2017 10:29 #309775

• LifneiHashem
  • Gold Boarder
All is well BH 
hope I passed the test/ learned from the experience/ did what was expected of me/ seized the chance 
or whatever

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 31 Mar 2017 14:38 #309800

Niiiiiiccccceeee!!!!! You just went on business like a normal person, that's awesome! I get this feeling (of being normal) every time I do an activity which used be/is still triggering yet I don't act out my lust. Like taking a shower (used to be massively triggering B"H not so much anymore). 

BTW all the above is not to say we are normal. I know some people on this forum take offense at the idea of being normal... I'm not saying you're normal. I'm not saying I'm normal. But we can have "normal moments," small steps towards sanity (which for me anyways, is what normal means). 

KOT! 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 31 Mar 2017 15:30 #309808

• LifneiHashem
  • Gold Boarder
I get what your saying about doing normal things and I've had that feeling too. This wasn't really one of those times. But overall all is well. 

Re: On the shoulders of those before me 06 Apr 2017 03:03 #310305

• LifneiHashem
  • Gold Boarder
Was cutting onions and eyes started to burn, a lot. Usual reaction is to jump around, go outside, wash my eyes. Today for some reason instead I decided to just stand there and feel the burn, feel the pain. 
Not sure of the relevance, but I'm sure there's some connection, or not.
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2017 03:03 by LifneiHashem.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes