Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting again 2799 Views

Re: Starting again 10 Aug 2015 14:15 #261330

• cordnoy
shmirasshmiras wrote:
Cordnoy, I think that's an important diyuk/clause. We fool ourselves all too often with why we are actually doing things. Rav Wolbe delves into many of the thought processes behind why someone would have the motivation for various activities and they are not always rooted in the good things we wish to believe they are.

I wanted to tell you, when I left my computer a few days ago, my phone was in my pocket and an app for siddur/tanach go pressed as I was walking. When I saw my phone I realized that the app was open to the first pasuk of Zecharia. I read the first few psukim and the 3rd one says Shuvu elai v'ashuv aleichem. I wasn't sure what to make of this but it was astounding to see it "coincidentally" pop up moments after our conversation.

Admit that we are powerless, and God will help us ...if we let Him in.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Starting again 16 Aug 2015 15:27 #261858

The battle continues - I find that I can literally be driving around, trying to focus my thoughts and talk to Hashem, I may actually be trying to do teshuva at the time and apologize for my many wrongdoings, and I'll notice someone walking past me. I can barely tear my eyes away even as I'm saying to Hashem that I'm sorry for doing so. The streets are so full of distractions which are so easy to turn to and so hard to turn away from. Having a very hard time with this.

Re: Starting again 16 Aug 2015 16:31 #261860

• cordnoy
shmirasshmiras wrote:
The battle continues - I find that I can literally be driving around, trying to focus my thoughts and talk to Hashem, I may actually be trying to do teshuva at the time and apologize for my many wrongdoings, and I'll notice someone walking past me. I can barely tear my eyes away even as I'm saying to Hashem that I'm sorry for doing so. The streets are so full of distractions which are so easy to turn to and so hard to turn away from. Having a very hard time with this.

Ok....so it's difficult.....now what?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Starting again 18 Aug 2015 22:50 #262158

Now I stumble, again. And again and again. Over and over.

Re: Starting again 18 Aug 2015 23:05 #262160

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello and welcome back.
I once heard the moshel of a wealthy man who built himself a huge mansion, and went up to the roof the day it was done to see the view and he fell off. On the way to the hospital he was moaning that he fell and his entire house fell too. The parameds told him that (he must have hit his head or something) only he fell and his house is still standing waiting for the day when he's better again and can go to live in it. When we are clean (& a couple of years is no small stuff) we are building a house, when we fall we have to go to the hospital (or GYE) but the house is still ours waiting for our return.
Hatzlacha (and yea, it hard - real hard for most of us )
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes