Welcome, Guest

shua73 gets to 90 and beyond
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 24768 Views

shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 02:09 #259382

• shua73
  • Current streak: 133 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hi all,
I have been having tons of ups and downs lately. However, I am committed now to get to 90 days without slips. My most recent addiction was to slipping. I would look at things that would possibly lead me to see inappropriate pictures. I am a curiosity addict. Good luck to me. I know I can do it.
smile

You can't make everyone happy, you are not pizza.

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 02:17 #259385

• shua73
  • Gold Boarder
If anyone has any advice for me i'm taking suggestions
smile

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 02:30 #259386

• cordnoy
shua73 wrote:
If anyone has any advice for me i'm taking suggestions

Welcome

I guess you are "curious" to know what people say.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 02:40 #259387

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes I as well have done this slip thing. Looking at certain things and saying technically its only a slip at worst. This is playing with the Y"H.
If you don't stay away from this kind of thing it will eventually lead to a fall guaranteed.
One thing I learned was that curiosity-looking around for interesting things, even in mutar things is a bad idea. Such an attitude will then overlap to looking at assur things. Don't be interested in what is around you if it is not necessary.
In general, learn to be quite strict with seeing anything remotely not tznuisdik. 'cause one thing leads to another and falls are only a tap away.
You know, us guys came into this world with a natural leaning towards lust. Nebach we then developed terrible habits and compulsions. Many call it simply an illnesss(sickness)
Yet, so many who have been this way, now continuously live daily without engaging in this kind of activity.

They have proven it can be done.
Be'emes, it has to be done.

Failure is not an option!

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 02:45 #259388

• shua73
  • Gold Boarder
Yes I am. I feel its different than some other peoples struggles so i am wondering if anybody has the same struggles and their advice.
smile

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 02:50 #259389

• shua73
  • Gold Boarder
Re: yirasshamaim
Just thats what makes me who I am. thats why i'm successful. i've been asking questions even as a little kid about anything and everything. It's how I learn. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. It just needs to have an appropriate place.
smile

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 02:51 #259390

• shua73
  • Gold Boarder
But otherwise I agree with you 100%
smile

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 02:57 #259391

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
When we are little tikes we are told to look and question. That is healthy and we can learn a lot.
Now when we are big boys and the hormones are running wild we got to modify our approach somewhat.
Better to give up a little on the education to save our souls

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 03:24 #259394

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Thanks for sharing with us!

Hatzlacha!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 05:25 #259398

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
shua73 wrote:
Yes I am. I feel its different than some other peoples struggles so i am wondering if anybody has the same struggles and their advice.

I hate to burst your bubble, but we are all the same here. We each have our own flavor, but we all have the same basic problem, trying to control our lusts.

I too am a very curious person. I like to learn about everything and anything. But there is a vast difference to being curious how you go from a cotton plant to clothing to what is that girl over there wearing.

We tell ourselves all sorts of lies to justify our lust. One of my favorites is I used to tell myself that girls are works of art and I am just a connoisseur appreciating their beauty. That I can tell you was a load of garbage, but I believed it.

The way to succeed is to wade through the piles of poop we shovel onto the path to cloud our judgement and see the truth of our action and motivations.

Good luck. Much hatzlacha from Hashem on your journey.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 12:12 #259408

• mattlanta
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Junior Boarder
MBJ wrote:
there is a vast difference to being curious how you go from a cotton plant to clothing to what is that girl over there wearing.

We tell ourselves all sorts of lies to justify our lust. One of my favorites is I used to tell myself that girls are works of art and I am just a connoisseur appreciating their beauty. That I can tell you was a load of garbage, but I believed it.

The way to succeed is to wade through the piles of poop we shovel onto the path to cloud our judgement and see the truth of our action and motivations.

This was amazingly hilarious and so true! Thanks for being as subtle as a 2x4 to the back of the skull!

Behatzluche Shua! If these other guys can do it, so can we! We're all wading through the poop together
The more sober we are, the more sober we are!

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 12:22 #259409

• lamplighter
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Senior Boarder
well said guys!

curiosity is something good as long its in the right direction...
all the best!

ONE day at a time!!
_ _ _
why is my name lamplighter?
the answer is in the link below!
youtu.be/iasAOfWA_4s
Last Edit: 14 Jul 2015 12:23 by lamplighter. Reason: forgot a word

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 20:05 #259454

• shua73
  • Gold Boarder
Random question. How do I get the text of the person I am replying to in my reply (meaning the gray box on top with whatever I am commenting on in it)?
smile

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 20:50 #259462

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
shua73 wrote:
Random question. How do I get the text of the person I am replying to in my reply (meaning the gray box on top with whatever I am commenting on in it)?
Click the "quote" button

Re: shua73 gets to 90 and beyond 14 Jul 2015 20:52 #259463

• shua73
  • Gold Boarder
Now that I am counting "slips" as falls, it's unreal how many times I want to slip but don't. There were so many things that I did just to possibly slip in the past. But so far so good
smile

Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes