Welcome, Guest

Today was Another Success
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Today was Another Success 874 Views

Today was Another Success 18 Jun 2015 22:59 #257173

• HershelZ
  • Fresh Boarder
Today is the 1st of Tammuz. I considered waiting an additional week to start a new count, that 90 days would fall directly on Yom Kippur and then 90 days after that would be Asara B'Tevet... but there is symbolism and then there is symbolism. This is a problem which needs to stop, now. If that means that I'll simply have to go into the fast day with pride in my accomplishments rather than the rending anguish it normally brings me, I'll bear that burden with joy. With assistance from the Almighty and others who are fighting this challenge, I will see that day. Thank you for your love and compassion!

Re: Today was Another Success 18 Jun 2015 23:24 #257177

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome HershelZ
I like your confidence. It's refreshing. The 90 day chart is so powerful but it can also be so scary. Many people want to believe, to really do it! Usually there needs to be some other tools being used to help one stop. Have you read the handbook yet? It's very big, but it's packed with helpful ideas and thoughts. Even just reading it through without doing any of the ides is helpful.
Your first (and only so far:) ) post was a little vague. It often helps to open up here about the problems that we are facing. We are all going through the same things, so no one here will judge you, rather everyone tries to help each other with helpful tips, encouragement, or even just a listing ear.
Keep on posting, and let us know how it's going.
Hatzlacha
SG
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Today was Another Success 18 Jun 2015 23:30 #257178

• cordnoy
Welcome,
Yom kippur?
Asarah b'teves?

Weren't those last year?

Bhatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Today was Another Success 19 Jun 2015 00:34 #257181

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome and congrats for coming up and starting the 90 trail. For most of us it is not as simple to get through the 90 days. For many it is with the help and support of other GYE members. So keep us posted.

Much Hatzlacha
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.

Re: Today was Another Success 19 Jun 2015 02:02 #257183

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Welcome and keep sharing!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes