Welcome, Guest

I'm about to fall, what should I do?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 4545 Views

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 04 Jun 2015 03:07 #256013

• cordnoy
As far as the law goes I do not think that is the case, but I may be very wrong, and it may depend on the exact circumstance.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Last Edit: 05 Jun 2015 17:49 by cordnoy. Reason: hello mr. gayvah

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 04 Jun 2015 12:27 #256027

I'm sure we have at least a couple of poskim here.
Anybody? Talmid Chochom?

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 04 Jun 2015 12:30 #256028

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 05 Jun 2015 14:27 #256161

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
As far as Halocha goes one is not permitted to touch himself in the shower. At all.
I heard from a Rabbinical source that one should not look at himself in the shower. From my own experience looking at myself in the shower may eventually lead to acting out down the road.

I personally try as much as I can to shower in the mikvah (even though I'm not Chassidish). There's much less of a challenge to deal with if you're in public.

As for trying to call a theoretical GYE 911 when you're already in the shower, in the struggle - I agree it can be much harder. I would use this type of service if I was in a struggle and I managed to fight myself out of the shower for a few minutes and was still fighting to get back into the shower and finish.

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 05 Jun 2015 15:29 #256174

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I keep my phone in the shower, so if I start getting tempted I can make a call and electrocute myself. The shock usually takes away the desire. You may be thinking that a cell phone doesn't shock you when it gets wet. That is normally true but I have a special APP called lustshock. I wanted to try a hair dryer, but I was told it could kill me.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 05 Jun 2015 15:44 #256176

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
I brought my computer into the shower and it short-circuited and exploded. Now I'm electricuted and I don't have a computer - best filter ever!

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 05 Jun 2015 17:44 #256193

polar bear wrote:
I don't know if this would work - But I wish that when I was about to fall, I could call a GYE emergency phone service - a moderator or someone would answer and ask what the emergency is. Given the information, the moderator would give the 'struggler' a series of steps to do and perhaps stay with him on the line until his urge dies down. I think it's harder to focus on the urge when you're talking to someone live.

That being said - I wish there was like 'GYE Chaveirim'. You call them and give them your situation and address. They send someone available over in a car. Pick you up. And take you around the block or some place where you could take your mind off the struggle. Do an activity with you etc.

Can any of these ideas turn into a reality?

Everybody's got a breaking point. If I get into the shower and I touch myself it's because I have been working towards for a number of hours or days. Or weeks. If I nip it in the bud (which I can't always do) then it never comes to that. That's my two cents.

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 05 Jun 2015 17:48 #256195

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Lol for all those funny posts before. Shkoiach. Thank you for that.

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 28 Mar 2016 19:24 #282779

• Abie
  • Expert Boarder
  • למען שמו באהבה
שו"ע או סי' פה סעיף ב' אֲפִלּוּ לְהַרְהֵר בְּדִבְרֵי תּוֹרָה, אָסוּר בְּבֵית הַכִּסֵא וּבְבֵית הַמֶּרְחָץ
It is forbidden to think thoughts of Torah in a bathroom or bath house.
The משנה ברורה brings the מ"א בשם ס"ח
אם נכנס בלבו הרהור עבירה מותר להרהר שם בד''ת
If a thought of  עבירה/אשה enters his mind one may think about Torah there.

Here's the full ספר חסידים:
ואם אדם במרחץ או במקום הטינופת ואהבת אשה נכנסת בלבו או עוברת לפניו יהרהר בדברי תורה כי ד"ת יפים לטהר הלב מיצה"ר ואע"פ שבכל מקום מותר להרהר חוץ מבית המרחץ ובית הכסא, להפריש אדם מן העבירה מותר.
ובס' ברית עולם העיר [הוא] חידוש גדול ומכאן נראה כמה תוקף חומר איסור ההרהור בעריות עד שלבטלו מתירין איסור חמור להרהר ד"ת במקום הטינופת.
Case closed.

Re: I'm about to fall, what should I do? 29 Mar 2016 01:17 #282807

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the bump Abie, it may not be my thread, but i miss serinity. Its good to see all these old posts.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes