Welcome, Guest

My story of flight
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My story of flight 1170 Views

My story of flight 31 May 2015 09:59 #255700

• Looking Up
  • Current streak: 27 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I'm ashamed of all the stuff I've done. I want to turn around a new leaf. I wish I can start everything over again, but some things are too late to change. If I don't do this for myself, then I at least want to do it for my loved ones. I made a decision to change a few weeks ago, I let go of my old life and dropped the chains that were binding me. But I can only hold on for so long... I can feel the chains recoiling themselves around my legs... It's just becoming harder and harder to keep up. I read through some of the threads and I think it might help if I made a daily log here for everyone to see.

I really hope I can make it to 90 days... And beyond...

Re: My story of flight 31 May 2015 12:55 #255706

• cordnoy
Welcome
Sounds real good.
What's your plan of recovery?

Bhatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My story of flight 31 May 2015 13:08 #255709

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking Up wrote:
I really hope I can make it to 90 days... And beyond...

54350738.jpg
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: My story of flight 31 May 2015 14:54 #255715

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Welcome to GYE and the forum! Just as you let your old way on the first day, can you do that every day?

Just for today, God, show me your will and give me the strength to carry it out. My old ways were to hurtful to me and cannot live that way today. Show me the way and give me the courage to follow it. Yakov
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: My story of flight 01 Jun 2015 19:59 #255785

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
WELCOME! You have come to the right place. Keep posting!

Re: My story of flight 01 Jun 2015 21:14 #255789

Hi,
Welcome to this wonderful world of GYE. I could have written your post. I could not imagine breaking free without help from my dear GYE friends. All of the wonderful people who have responded to your post help me so much. Stick around here and your life will be better than you could have imagined.

Re: My story of flight 02 Jun 2015 05:47 #255820

• neuron_redux
  • Current streak: 18 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I had to tell my wife that my sobriety mattered more to me than our marriage, because without sobriety I was not only less than useless, I would destroy her and our family.

The beautiful thing about shame is...redemption. When I told my story to an SA group of about 60, 25% had to step outside. Not to reject me, but to protect themselves.

It is painful to recount my stuff. But no longer shameful. The rejection I expected from the group continues to be an enduring and endearing, healing acceptance.

My therapist also said our brain heals every time we can tell our story. I think it is true.

So I hope you do not give up. Even if you reduce your behavior to some degree of "dabbling", which I did, the day may come for you as it did for me when the tables turn, and instead of me using my addiction to cope with life, my addiction began using me.

Re: My story of flight 02 Jun 2015 14:10 #255838

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
May I ask what this means: "25% had to step outside. Not to reject me, but to protect themselves." ?
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: My story of flight 03 Jun 2015 01:11 #255920

• Looking Up
  • Current streak: 27 days
  • Fresh Boarder
That, and what is 'dabbling'?

Re: My story of flight 03 Jun 2015 04:21 #255929

• neuron_redux
  • Fresh Boarder
One fourth of the guys had to step outside due to aspects of the share, aspects that were neither prurient nor illegal, but exceedingly shameful. Further details here would not be helpful.

Re: My story of flight 03 Jun 2015 04:41 #255930

• neuron_redux
  • Fresh Boarder
Dilettantes "dabble' in the arts. My life had not become unmanageable, in my opinion - my family was under one roof and I had a job. For decades, I unwittingly managed stress by surfing "part-time". Dabbling. At one point it became "full time". It was no longer a matter of counting failures per month, each incident a forgivable offense. Now, I am on leave from work. My family is in repair.

Sometimes I feel I'd lay my life down to spare anyone the misery of this progression and wretchedness.

Dabbling is as dangerous as the real thing, because it is the real thing. I was a high functioning addict for decades.

Zero tolerance is the only risk free solution. But this is hard for someone to see who has not experienced first-hand the hell of this addiction when it gets the upper hand and literally takes over.

I wish I knew how to scream that into the ears, hearts, and souls of those who are "dabbling" on this forum and just do not see it for what it is.

Re: My story of flight 03 Jun 2015 17:07 #255967

Ditto.
I feel like you are reading my mind.

Re: My story of flight 03 Jun 2015 21:01 #255982

Welcome Looking Up.

I never posted in my life on any forum or message board, never posted comments on websites etc.
I tried it when I joined GYE and found it tremendously helpful.
It's therapeutic to open up and it's so important to be part of a community. Just coming to the site doesn't do that.
All the people on this post are now my buddies. I don't know any of them outside of GYE, yet I feel a real connection to them and their struggles. And I believe that the feeling is mutual. Isn't it?? (if no one responds I will feel sad and depressed)

I see your still with us B"H but I haven't seen your posts in a few days.

Hoping to hear from you....
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes