Welcome, Guest

I'm Starting Today
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Starting Today 7603 Views

Re: I'm Starting Today 07 May 2015 22:31 #254137

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
How are you doing my friend?

Re: I'm Starting Today 07 May 2015 22:56 #254138

Thanks for checking up on me!
I'm doing awesome. Almost closed on day 9!

I have had good stretches in the past, even for longer, but it was never this way.

It was just me trying to stop doing something that I knew I would go back to doing because who can stop doing something for the rest of their life?

With GYE and the 90 Day Chart, I'm not stopping forever.

I'm controlling my urges for today.
I'm not looking at inappropriate things today.
I'm climbing the ladder today.

And I'm celebrating my victory today by clicking on that button that says "I'm still clean".

And my cheering squad (that's you guys ) are right there beside me cheering me on, encouraging me on to victory tomorrow.

That I can do.

The thing that scares me is that it's almost too easy.

Not that I don't still struggle. Of course I do.
But compared to the way it was until now?? Child's play.

I was in Times Square yesterday and I didn't look at anything inappropriate twice. Of course I saw things, I was in Times Square. But in my whole life, I have never not looked again. (I had to be there for business. It's not a place one should go if they can avoid it. It practically screams "triggers".) And the amazing thing was, I wasn't uptight or pressured by it. I simply felt "Today I don't look at these things. It's just who I am. It's what I do. Today."

What will happen tomorrow? I hope I feel the same way. Forever. But for now it's just about Today.

I didn't fully understand it when I started and you guys were busy talking about one day at a time. It's become much clearer to me how powerful "Just focusing on Today" can be.

Thanks y'all for getting me this far.

Now let's take on Tomorrow. Together.

Re: I'm Starting Today 08 May 2015 07:33 #254169

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
fulfillinglife613 wrote:
Thanks for checking up on me!
I'm doing awesome. Almost closed on day 9!

I have had good stretches in the past, even for longer, but it was never this way.

It was just me trying to stop doing something that I knew I would go back to doing because who can stop doing something for the rest of their life?

With GYE and the 90 Day Chart, I'm not stopping forever.

I'm controlling my urges for today.
I'm not looking at inappropriate things today.
I'm climbing the ladder today.

And I'm celebrating my victory today by clicking on that button that says "I'm still clean".

And my cheering squad (that's you guys ) are right there beside me cheering me on, encouraging me on to victory tomorrow.

That I can do.

The thing that scares me is that it's almost too easy.

Not that I don't still struggle. Of course I do.
But compared to the way it was until now?? Child's play.

I was in Times Square yesterday and I didn't look at anything inappropriate twice. Of course I saw things, I was in Times Square. But in my whole life, I have never not looked again. (I had to be there for business. It's not a place one should go if they can avoid it. It practically screams "triggers".) And the amazing thing was, I wasn't uptight or pressured by it. I simply felt "Today I don't look at these things. It's just who I am. It's what I do. Today."

What will happen tomorrow? I hope I feel the same way. Forever. But for now it's just about Today.

I didn't fully understand it when I started and you guys were busy talking about one day at a time. It's become much clearer to me how powerful "Just focusing on Today" can be.

Thanks y'all for getting me this far.

Now let's take on Tomorrow. Together.

Totally amazing !
Please continue to share your journeys with us, there is much to learn and much h'izuk !

Hoping to hear those news from you more and more !
Last Edit: 08 May 2015 07:34 by Palti-Yossef.

Re: I'm Starting Today 15 May 2015 12:38 #254794

Palti - Mazel Tov on the 90 days!!
May you go to 90 many more times!

Re: I'm Starting Today 15 May 2015 15:19 #254812

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Amen- 90 times over

Re: I'm Starting Today 22 Jul 2015 22:47 #260132

• shlomoy
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Senior Boarder
you said you had your hardest fall ever.....why do you call it your hardest fall? I ask because you might help us when we get close to 90 days to be aware you know what I mean...

Re: I'm Starting Today 08 Nov 2015 16:03 #268081

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while and wanted to update all of you, my friends and fellow travelers, on my incredible journey.

When I joined GYE and the 90 day chart, I was in a bad place. I knew I had to get back on top before I hit rock bottom because it was just a matter of time before it all caught up with me and ruined my life. That's what I thought.
The truth was, I didn't even realize how much it was already ruining my life.

I couldn't look my wife and kids in the eye. I couldn't daven or hope to connect with Hashem.
I used to hide from myself and the rest of the world by immersing myself in movies and tv.
I was really only half functioning.

I see that now.

B"H I have been having tremendous siyata d'shmaya in my life and I attribute it all to sobriety.

At day 90 I started an incredible new job that didn't come through normal channels. Clearly a message from Hashem, showing me that to succeed in life I need to be clean.

I had a major loss on a personal level, and B"H was able to handle it. Had I been in my previous fragile mental state, it would have been too much for me to take. Instead, I was able to grow stronger and build a stronger marriage through this loss.

All in all, starting this journey with GYE and all of you, has been the best thing that ever happened to me.

Thank you so much for being a part of my recovery and thank you for continuing to be at my side as I continue on the path to sobriety.

And last but not least, a shout out to my sponsor. He's been incredible, always checking up on me, helping me through the rough spots that inevitably come up in life. I would not be here without him.

Re: I'm Starting Today 11 Dec 2016 20:37 #299645

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
shlomo613 wrote on 07 May 2015 22:31:
How are you doing my friend?

FFL, your profile says that you still pop in here from time to time. Is that day count really accurate? That's great! Continued hatzlacha. Can you tell us what has worked for you?
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes