Welcome, Guest

I'm Starting Today
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Starting Today 7545 Views

I'm Starting Today 29 Apr 2015 18:31 #253428

I had the worse fall of my life yesterday and I hope I have hit rock bottom.
For some reason I'm having trouble signing up for the 90 day chart but I don't want to wait another day. So this is Day 1 for me and with Hashem's help I will make it to 90 without any detours.

So I'm off on my journey back to Life!

Re: I'm Starting Today 29 Apr 2015 18:42 #253431

Hi FFL613 and welcome to the place to start your new clean life. It is such a big move to open up here but it is also the first of many healthy moves you will do to reach the sanity and serenity, and cleanliness you so desire.
There are so many special guys around here that will welcome you and offer you understanding, support and refreshing reality. The first thing we always gain the most from is sharing some background about ourselves and our struggles to give some perspective. No need to be afraid, it is completely anonymous. You will make some close friends here who will encourage you and help you so take full advantage of all the resources available to you. If you want to communicate privately, you can send me an email to pischoshelmachat@gmail.com and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have and share with you my struggles.

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 12:37 #253550

Here comes Day 2! (I still can't join the Board for some reason, so I'll just count here.)
Day 1 is easy. You have a fall. In my case a big one. You feel down and helpless enough to look for help and inspired by the help out there to take it.
Day 2 is just another day. Day 2 is the day that shows if that inspiration to change is real or just a way to help deal with the guilt.
I'm feeling positive. I can do this. One day at a time. For eternity.
I will reach that elusive feeling of leading a Fulfilling Life. With Hashem's help. And the help of GYE and all of you out there rooting for me.

Have a great day!

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 13:55 #253556

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome!
I know the "easy day 1" feeling all too well.
Sadly, I have yet to find that day 14 is more inspiring than day 2, so we just have to stick it out. Have you tried any of the GYE tools? Tried anything before you came here?
Stick around; there's lots to learn.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 17:31 #253566

This is my second day on GYE and the first time I'm trying something other then my own resolve.
@bigmoish, I'm looking forward to seeing you at day 102 when I hit day 90

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 17:37 #253568

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Where are you rushing? I'm looking forward to seeing you hit day 3 when I hit 14.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 18:44 #253575

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
[quote="So I'm off on my journey back to Life![/quote]

Well- spoken. Bon Voyage!

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 19:21 #253577

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Bigmoish
That was one of the most inspiring things I have heard in a while. Because it's so important to have dreams - big ones who we wish we will be one day- in order to give us a push to "move it!" but you are 10000% right. we can't rush things and forget about today. the mindset needs to be "THE BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT I CAN DO TODAY, IS TO GET THROUGH THE WHOLE DAY CLEAN!!!!"
Thanks
SG
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 19:24 #253578

Men redt du gitte zachen!!

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 19:30 #253581

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
FFL613, Why don't you want to start a chart. I find that keeping track on my own,works for the first couple of days and then we start to forget. the chart is staring you in the face waiting for an update. And probable the most powerful part of it, is that it is staring all of us in the face. On the forum we have the liberty of telling about our falls or not, unless one of the guys asks you straight out, but on the chart, its automatic. Unless we are going to lie about it straight out, we can't get around it. It has clear rules about what is a fall and what is not.
Either way, Hatzlacha and I hope we are all still going at 18250 (50 years) +more
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 19:33 #253582

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
pischoshelmachat: Maybe we can start a chart to learn Yiddish
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 21:42 #253599

@Bigmoish - Your absolutely right. See you tomorrow 14/3! I still think there is the battle and the war. The battle is today and that's the focus and the fight. But I dream of winning the War. Not the whole War but the 90 day War. WWW3 will have to wait until moshiach comes and slays the yetzer harah.

@yiraishamaim - I'm seriously jealous of you. Kinas Soifrim!

@pischoshelmachat - Thanks for the haskamah

@stillgoing - I have been working with tech support. There seems to be a bug that doesn't let me sign up on the chart. I didn't want to wait another day, so I started yesterday by posting on this forum. I know you guys will hold me as accountable as a chart

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 21:48 #253601

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
You're on the good way !

Hatslah'a raba and see you soon for good news B"H !

Re: I'm Starting Today 30 Apr 2015 21:53 #253602

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
FFL613,
Sorry, I just reread your posts and chapped. I didn't realize that you weren't able to sign up for the chart. I thought you just didn't want to. Mochel?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: I'm Starting Today 01 May 2015 00:38 #253618

Mochel

This whole forum thing is new to me.
I have so many years of "stuff" hidden inside of me and I have this strange urge to share.Does it really help to share your "story"? Mine is really long.....
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes