Welcome, Guest

I'm Starting Today
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Starting Today 7546 Views

Re: I'm Starting Today 01 May 2015 01:07 #253620

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
I think that it does help because it makes it real and clear to you. Maybe I'm not being clear. What I mean is, We all know what we are doing, we're not stupid, we know it is wrong. But we've gotten so used to the idea that we are doing something that is wrong (and destructive), by sharing it with others, it serves as a wake up of sorts. kind of like a jolt or almost a fresh beginning. Plus since everyone here is going through very similar things, we all understand and want to hear. By sharing your story you are helping yourself and being mechazeik others since we all share with each other and feel with each other. Am I making sense? That's my option anyway.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: I'm Starting Today 01 May 2015 03:01 #253630

guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/253632-20-years-of-Lust#253632

I'm going ahead and opening up, taking the leap and sharing my story. But I'm not comfortable doing so in public so I started a new topic at the link above.

Feel free to join me there.
Last Edit: 01 May 2015 03:23 by fulfillinglife613.

Re: I'm Starting Today 01 May 2015 12:36 #253644

Day 3 here I come!
I still can't get on the chart and counting definitely helps.
My ego pushes me to reach higher and higher numbers and that keeps me from falling. So far.
It's nice to use my gaivah for a good thing once in a while

Have a great day everyone!

Re: I'm Starting Today 01 May 2015 13:31 #253647

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Great job! Do whatever works for you, and be flexible and open to new ideas. This is a learning process, a journey, more than anything else. Most importantly, stay optimistic and remember that only HaShem could guide you through this!
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: I'm Starting Today 01 May 2015 14:11 #253651

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
3 cheers for day 3! may there be many more in a row. btw, when you iy"H do get on the chart, you can start retroactively, you just enter in your last fall( ) and the system automatically calculates what day you are up to (3, or 5,etc.)

It's interesting that you mention the ego as helping, I just started a thread about that. I always thought that an ego is bad (mine, at least) but others here seem to feel differently. Here's the link if you want to check it out. guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/253572-BIG-SHOT%21
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: I'm Starting Today 01 May 2015 14:30 #253655

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the great thread topic, stillgoing! That's one of my favorite topics; can't wait to weigh in!
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: I'm Starting Today 03 May 2015 23:49 #253777

I read your topic before I posted. Sorry I didn't reference it. I related to it because I was thinking about my ego too but in a positive way.

Re: I'm Starting Today 04 May 2015 01:02 #253782

I'm on the Chart!
Almost done Day 5!

I'm expecting all of you to follow me day by day to 90 and the rest of my life!
May we all stay on the journey together for many days to come.

Re: I'm Starting Today 04 May 2015 01:07 #253784

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Hurray! It's good to see the numbers up there, and yes, we plan on keeping a close watch on it!!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: I'm Starting Today 05 May 2015 01:44 #253877

@stillgoing - Are you still watching? I'm starting Day 7!
I hope I never get ahead of you
But I'm right behind you so you better watch out!

Wow. I really have an ego problem.
I'll work on it next...
For now I'm going to use it to climb that 90 Day ladder back to Life.

Re: I'm Starting Today 05 May 2015 02:12 #253881

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Well my ego is bigger then yours, so there! (whatever that means) You know, with all of your computer knowledge , I wonder if you can find a way to jump ahead in the charts, but then we'll be compromising one of the rule #1 of GYE (there are a few of them) Honesty!

btw, I think I see you in the rear view mirror, but right now my car is leased from GYE so it can go pretty far (I hope)
btw (#2) if I'm not making sense right now - I'm bombed. Sorry. Good night.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: I'm Starting Today 05 May 2015 21:01 #253977

I'm closing in on 7 days and really proud of myself.
I'm just worried that after the newness wears off I will start feeling the drag of fighting the monster day in and day out.
I know everyone says just take one day at a time. But still - I can't help thinking about the big picture...

Re: I'm Starting Today 05 May 2015 23:02 #253984

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hatzlacha my friend. It ain't easy. But it is the path to happiness, fulfilment, confidence and peace - something lust ONLY takes away. So what a bad deal we suckers have been taking for so long.
I've had many falls and I've found along the way that THE KEY part of success is developing attitudes through which were motivated pick ourselves up after a fall. And I feel a success because I do this: I don't look at my falls (at least I try my hardest not to).
Torah is replete with this concept. This is what it says in tehillim, ki sheva yippol tzadik vekam; a GYE email has quoted the Baal hassulam that this is the drush on the words that Hashem jumped over the doors of the Jews on pesach; Reb wolbe talks about yeridos and aliyos, Reb nachman says we need to become experts in flying and falling (that was my translation. "ratzo veshav" are his words) and hence my avatar "ain shum yi'ush ba'olam klal".
It took me time to develop this perspective, and it's an ongoing process: possibly the hardest thing in the world is to go to maariv after acting out..
If be so bold as to suggest that it's more important to learn how not to be flustered and to pick your self up after a fall than it is to know how to avoid one.
Comments welcome.
Wishing you much hatzlacha.

Re: I'm Starting Today 06 May 2015 12:39 #254019

Good morning everyone. It's going to be another glorious clean day!

It is important to be able to pick yourself up after a fall. I think we have all been doing that for years. It's what brought us to this Forum.

But I'm sick and tired of fighting that fight. The "I'm not a bad person, I can get better, I will be better, I won't get depressed about how low I am" fight.

I want to fight the clean fight. The "I can do this, I am strong, I will stay clean, I'm in control with hashem's help" fight. If we need to fight, and we do - that's our job in this world, shouldn't we fight this fight? If we could only remember how much easier this fight is over the other one we would never lose...

Keep fighting the good fight!

Re: I'm Starting Today 06 May 2015 20:01 #254067

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
Well said, thank you for the h'izuk !

B"H you seem to be on a very very good way ! So happy for you !

May we hear a lot of good news from you !
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes