Welcome, Guest

why would this time be different?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: why would this time be different? 2068 Views

why would this time be different? 15 Apr 2015 23:45 #252373

• mevkesh1
  • Current streak: 30 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
i am thirty years of age, i have a wonderful life beautiful wife and children, i am a marbitz torah but i live a double life..
i am struggling with masturbation since i was 13 and inappropriate stuff for a few years i promised myself so many times that i will stop it can go for 40-50 days then i am back.
i use vcf but certain sites if i reload 15 times it will open.
i am lost sitting and crying i feel like a piece of garbage i am starting today the 90 day journey again. someone please give me chizuk and ideas so this time it should be for real.

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 03:17 #252387

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Please Hashem give me back my Neshama
What helps some people is this. Don't live in isolation. Post here often and tell how you are getting along. If you have a slip report it here before it develops into a fall. describe what is going on and how you are dealing with it. read the responses you get.

This puts you into a different frame of mind. It helps for some people.

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 03:36 #252391

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
First off, Welcome! So glad you are here. You sound like a very sincere and erliche person. Personally, I don't see you as being a piece of garbage at all. Just the opposite, you are a person as imperfect and as frail as the next person, who makes mistakes. You also do teshuvah and correct those mistakes! The fact that they happen again is due to your humanity not your unworthiness, in my view.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 17:22 #252433

Mevkesh,
We love you here and understand you. I wish that I was 30. You are so smart for realizing at your age that you have to do something and didn't wait until your late 40's like me. Just know that the RBS"O loves you and gave you this nisayon but will help you overcome it. I am in no position to give advice but since I am clean for 3 weeks, in this short time span, I feel my whole life turning over. I am turbo charged at work, at home and in intimacy. LIFE IS GREAT even though I am still experiencing the constant nagging. I feel HKB"H with me as I literally talk to him every second that I have privacy and beg him to stay with me and keep me safe. There are so many people on here that help me so much on a regular basis so stick around and you will be in a moishav tzaddikim and as Chazal say, Toiv L'tzadik, Toiv L'shcheino!

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 18:24 #252440

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
WELCOME! You are definitely in the right place. Start with the handbook, and reading the forum. We know how you feel. You have already started taking steps in the right direction. I acted out for over 20 years. I'm now 5.5 years sober B"H.

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 18:32 #252442

• cordnoy
Welcome,
Nice share.
You have joined a good place.
Don't be a stranger.
And it's only the Rosh chodesh shower guys that smell like garbage around here.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 20:20 #252457

• godhelp
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome.
And keep us posted on how its going, and what works for you "sharing is caring".
Last Edit: 16 Apr 2015 20:22 by godhelp.

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 21:29 #252463

• mevkesh1
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you thank you! i am starting to feel at home over here for years i couldn't talk to anyone about my struggles now i have a loving community, b"h i made through the first day was hard, but 24 hours passed. i will update iy"h on my journey tnx for joining me!

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 21:42 #252465

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I hear you loud and clear. I also have lived this "double-life" style for years. Most guys here have in one way or another felt similarly. We understand each other in a way that makes us so very helpful.
The fact you have started posting is massive.

Welcome Friend!
One day at a time- One step at a time

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 21:53 #252466

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
Welcome Mevakesh!!!!

Ditto to all of the above posts.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing you around. KUTGW!!!

Re: why would this time be different? 16 Apr 2015 21:58 #252467

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. Good to hear your first 24 hours went well. Halevai Vaiter.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: why would this time be different? 20 Apr 2015 20:27 #252687

• mevkesh1
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you all for the chizuk i had a very hard day. i committed that i will post whatever happens helped me deal with the struggles tnx again friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: why would this time be different? 20 Apr 2015 22:31 #252707

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
mevkesh1 wrote:

i am starting today the 90 day journey again. someone please give me chizuk and ideas so this time it should be for real.

"For real". Freudian slip going on me thinks. Why do you think that if you fell it wasn't for real? You will have done the best where you are. And you will keep doing better. For me, "for real" is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It's very nice to occasionally muse about it but I know that what is for real for me is the challenges and tools I have at present. Listen to Reb fishel shachter on torahAnyTime. This is his recurring theme.
Hatzlacha rabba. Shlomo
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2015 22:31 by shlomo613. Reason: Error

Re: why would this time be different? 21 Apr 2015 02:46 #252721

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Cherish every clean day! You worked hard for them!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: why would this time be different? 08 May 2015 11:24 #254173

• mevkesh1
  • Fresh Boarder
quick update BH still going
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes