Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MY STORY... 47803 Views

Re: MY STORY... 25 Feb 2016 15:37 #279241

• otr-otr
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sasha 2 wrote on 25 Feb 2016 08:43:
I cant believe that i built up the courage to actually meet someone face to face.
I have a meeting later today!
I hope it goes well.
I'll keep you posted...

Sasha That is FANTASTIC- Please also share your experience in our group. It will help show the power of connecting with someone else. THAT is the power of a group. Hatzlacha! 
  • I've never been one for signatures.. but sometimes people change
  • I'm seeking the life that I find manageable which may not be the life you find manageable. But let's make a deal. I want you to find yours and you want me to find mine even if they are different.

Re: MY STORY... 25 Feb 2016 16:11 #279245

• otr-otr
  • Platinum Boarder
dd wrote on 08 Apr 2015 22:44:
You need to see what works for you.

There are no general rules rather a support group.

The above is an instant favorite post... Do what puts YOU into a frame of sobriety. Those crazy thoughts that make you feel insane.... those are the enemy. Anything (barring a violation of halacha) that helps you cope with them is a friend. That's my two cents...
  • I'm seeking the life that I find manageable which may not be the life you find manageable. But let's make a deal. I want you to find yours and you want me to find mine even if they are different.
Last Edit: 25 Feb 2016 16:12 by otr-otr.

Re: MY STORY... 25 Feb 2016 21:01 #279276

• Sasha 2
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow, I cant believe i met someone to discuss these issues, it definitely took a lot of courage, but now that i did it, i am so happy B"H. I think i gained a lot from this meeting & learnt some new things as well.

Thanks cordnoy for bringing this idea up to me a little while back & thanks to all those others that encouraged me to do this and more!
Feel free to email me anytime sanonym380380@gmail.com

Re: MY STORY... 25 Feb 2016 22:06 #279289

• cordnoy
Sasha 2 wrote on 25 Feb 2016 21:01:
Wow, I cant believe i met someone to discuss these issues, it definitely took a lot of courage, but now that i did it, i am so happy B"H. I think i gained a lot from this meeting & learnt some new things as well.

Thanks cordnoy for bringing this idea up to me a little while back & thanks to all those others that encouraged me to do this and more!

so you won't hunt me down?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MY STORY... 26 Feb 2016 00:52 #279320

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, he might want to thank you in person...
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: MY STORY... 26 Feb 2016 02:02 #279332

• cordnoy
Gevura Shebyesod wrote on 26 Feb 2016 00:52:
Well, he might want to thank you in person...

Now that will be a nice beginnin' instead of a happy endin'.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: MY STORY... 26 Feb 2016 17:48 #279405

• mesayin
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו

Wow wow! That's great! Chazak v'emutz!

Would you like to give over what you learned at the meeting?

And leave the hunting of cordnoy to the expert hunters.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Relapses and falling are inevitable, the challenge is getting up.

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Feel free to contact me anytime through private message or chat.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Check out my powerful tefila.

Depressed? Check out some of my jokes

Re: MY STORY... 28 Feb 2016 01:17 #279470

• cordnoy
Mesayin wrote on 26 Feb 2016 17:48:

Wow wow! That's great! Chazak v'emutz!

Would you like to give over what you learned at the meeting?

And leave the hunting of cordnoy to the expert hunters.

Where I hang out, we are always packin', so happy huntin'.

Re: MY STORY... 28 Feb 2016 11:22 #279523

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
I learned a lot!
The person i met has experience in these areas for years (which i hadnt known before).

One important thing (among many) which he brought to my realization was that every time i had a fall Ive always looked at it as if i failed and i must start again at the beginning, to which he showed me that one fall in a month (for example) is a whole new level, from falling daily/weekly.
This could have be obvious to everyone else but i felt that it was a great lesson.

Re: MY STORY... 28 Feb 2016 16:42 #279546

• otr-otr
  • Platinum Boarder
That is a really powerful insight. ANd one that we need to learn again and again to value what living (sober) "One Day at a time" means. - I find that when I look at it from a ruchniyus standpoint, it actually goes against my ability to value one day at a time. Becasue i am 'holding cheshbon' on my madrega.... One day at a time means one day at a time....

Re: MY STORY... 03 Mar 2016 11:39 #280084

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
Just an update on myself...

So far 37 days clean! I cant believe im on the right track /truck once again, obviously it feels great!
This is not the first time ive made it this far but i definitely feel that this time its for good B"H.
I have a great group and phone conference (Thanx OTR) and a great support team behind me (Thanx GYE's)!!!!
Although i find that staying clean from acting out is getting easier every day I still sruggle with lusting every day & every where (i do think that it has gotten less though).
I try my best to not think too much when i go out but its still there lingering in the back of my head
any ideas to help?

Re: MY STORY... 03 Mar 2016 18:16 #280125

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Sasha 2 wrote on 03 Mar 2016 11:39:

So far 37 days clean! I cant believe im on the right track /truck once again, obviously it feels great!
This is not the first time ive made it this far but i definitely feel that this time its for good B"H.
I have a great group and phone conference (Thanx OTR) and a great support team behind me (Thanx GYE's)!!!!
Although i find that staying clean from acting out is getting easier every day I still sruggle with lusting every day & every where (i do think that it has gotten less though).
I try my best to not think too much when i go out but its still there lingering in the back of my head
any ideas to help?

My experience was that I couldn't just STOP. I needed to replace. I need to be doing positive things that lead me on the right path and give me fulfillment so I don't have the need to act out. Maybe think of something positive that you would like to have as a part of your life and do it, it might help a little. It can be anything from small to large from spirituality to religion, my experience was that it had to be immediately positive, not an ideal that wasn't so gratifying, (in my case that would be learning more).
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: MY STORY... 03 Mar 2016 19:43 #280142

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree with Shlomo24. I once heard from an Adam Gadol that when walking one should think over some Torah thought. It need not be that deep necessarily just something of interest. Perhaps something you are currently learning.
The ba'alei mussar say that when the cup is full nothing else goes in. However if it's empty - since nature abhors a vacuum other non-desirable elements can enter.
Of course, a short Tefillah that Hashem should " please take away  my lust" is invaluable.

Your confidence and positive self-image is exciting and coming through loud and clear.

Hatzlacha!

Re: MY STORY... 03 Mar 2016 20:26 #280150

• mesayin
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Sasha 2 wrote on 03 Mar 2016 11:39:

any ideas to help?

Hey Sasha! Good going, you're a chizzuk to all of us!

In my experience, I used to get really frustrated with these things, thinking "Darn! I'm working so hard to be clean, when are these thoughts going to exit my brain already?"

Well, I learnt that this battle won't get easier so quickly, you gotta keep honkin' your horn until you get there, and once you get there, keep on honking.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Relapses and falling are inevitable, the challenge is getting up.

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Feel free to contact me anytime through private message or chat.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Check out my powerful tefila.

Depressed? Check out some of my jokes

Re: MY STORY... 04 Mar 2016 09:29 #280240

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
just got to let it out - I was feeling a little down yesterday and i just gotta thank the one above i didnt fall!
I hope i make it through shabbos ok
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes