Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Lomed's Thread 72626 Views

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 04 Jun 2015 02:43 #256012

Amazing!
You truly inspired me!

It's an honor to "hang out" with such holy people.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 04 Jun 2015 19:13 #256063

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you all chaveirim for the chizuk. If not for the support from all you guys, i dont think I would of make it through.

Thank you thank you
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 04 Jun 2015 20:03 #256070

Reb Lomed,
You are such a chizzuk. You show me that I can live a holy life and get close to Hashem.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 05 Jun 2015 02:05 #256098

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you lomed. Your successes help all of us, it paves the way.
No one said that mitzva goreres mitzvah is only for the individual himself. It creates a ruach of kedusha in the world and brings success as a possibility and as a metzius. The good news is that with GYE we know what's been done. So thank you again lomed. But as PSM said let's daven not to be tested. Because lamaseh it says we cannot succeed, and we know from experience that that is the case.
What a contradiction. Oh dear. Well there you are.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 07 Jun 2015 16:23 #256270

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Hi friends and buddies,

In reference to the last few posts that I posted, I wanted to inform about strike two! Last Friday I received again a sex catalog from the same company (I haven't yet got to delete my name from their mailing list). B"h after the first episode that happened a few days earlier which shook me up, this one was very smooth. I didn't have major challenge, just did what i had to do in terms of discarding it in a safe place, and sending back the mailing envelope to the sender.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 07 Jun 2015 16:39 #256273

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
lomed
Yesterday I had my hardest challenge since I started this 90 day chart.

I once ordered (most probably about 14 years ago) some inappropriate material. I viewed it then told them to delete my name and address from their mailing list. these companies they have many names, so from time to time i used to get mailings from a different name. I couldn't resist, and viewed them and acted out. After acting out I used to contact them to delete my name from their mailing list. After many times that I have called to delete my name, I have been receiving less and less. I think that for the last over two years I have not received them at all.

Yesterday when I checked the mail, I spotted that I got another package from one of these places. It comes in a double envelope, that on the second there is a warning that I must be 18 before opening and that if I don't want to view explicit content I shouldn't open. When I got it my first reaction was, B"h that this came after being clean for 97 days, now I wont open it and get rid of it. However I needed to cut out the label in order to send them back to delete my name from their list. so I was with one envelope down. The urges were terrible, I was sweating, i Started to feel that I cant resist. I cant through it away anywhere, because i don't want it to come to a different person. I had to keep the closed envelope in my pocket for over an hour till I came to a safe place that i can discard this catalog safely. B"h at the end I got rid of it without viewing inside the envelope.

After all this I was on fire, as never before. I kept on begging heshem please help out of this. This was going on till today noon time. However today at tefilas shachris i felt a closeness to hashem that I don't remember for years feeling like this. I davened with much kavana and clarity that he is the only one that can and will help me.

By now, things eased up, but i am very exhausted and overwhelmed.

WOW! This is the quintessential nesoion. All kinds of possible excuses. No one will know, I'll throw it out soon, maybe this one's not so bad, I'll just peek there is no end.
You have so inspired me (and many others). May you be zocha to go grow higher and higher, closer to Hakodesh Boruch Hu.
SG
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 07 Jun 2015 16:42 #256274

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
lomed

In reference to the last few posts that I posted, I wanted to inform about strike two! Last Friday I received again a catalog from the same company (I haven't yet got to delete my name from their mailing list). B"h after the first episode that happened a few days earlier which shook me up, this one was very smooth. I didn't have major challenge, just did what i had to do in terms of discarding it in a safe place, and sending back the mailing envelope to the sender.

I was just thinking, that sometimes strike three can be much harder to deal with then the others, because one can be lulled into a sense of relaxation, "no big deal, been there - done that" and then boom!
Just a thought:)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2015 16:43 by stillgoing.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 07 Jun 2015 16:51 #256276

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
I hope that I had enough. I passed the road test twice. Usually if you pass once you are done. If you fail the first you get a second chance to pass the test. B"h I passed the test twice. I daven that I should not be tested again ואל תביאיני לידי נסיון, but if i do have again a similar challenge, I hope I will pass the third time as well. For now I have learned that the challenge is still big time in front of me, and I have to gear up with strength to be able to pass these nisyonos.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 07 Jun 2015 18:10 #256283

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well done mate! We should take you to the GYE bar for a drink!

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 17 Jun 2015 21:51 #257091

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
I took this from the Yidish site from a member named Belmont:
ר' אשר פריינד זצ"ל האט אמאל געזאגט "די גן עדן איז גאר פיל מיט גרויסע רשעים גראבע בעלי עבירה" - וואס האבען זיך געשלאגן און זיך מתגבר געווען אויף די נסיונות.
Translation: Reb Usher Freind Z"L said: that Gan Eden is full of people with big sins that fought and overcame their challenges!!

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 25 Jun 2015 19:28 #257768

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
B"H I reached another milestone! Bechasdei Hashem I am at day 120. Thank you all for your support. I daven that I should stay clean till 120 years, and of caurse hope to be with all chaveirim together clean forever.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 25 Jun 2015 19:44 #257770

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Mazal Tov! 120 is my favorite number

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 26 Jun 2015 00:30 #257797

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Mazel tov on reaching your 4 month anniversary!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 02 Jul 2015 20:00 #258483

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
As I told you all earlier that lately I had an issue with sex catalogs (see my comments on the end of page 7 and 8 from this thread). I sent the company back a letter with the label, and requested that they remove my name from their mailing list. this was the same day I received the second catalog 6/5/15.

Today the story repeats itself with a twitch. I came home for my lunch break, and went to the mailbox to get the mail. My wife was outside not far from me. I recognized the envelope between all other mail. i thought that OK she is going to get me this time. However i managed to slip it back into the mailbox, without my wife noticing anything suspicious. BH i discarded the catalog safely before opening it.

This is somewhat stressful on me. First the challenge itself, as I cannot be sure that next time i will not open this shmutz catalog. Second the fear that my wife will find it on the mail and think that i ordered it is also pretty stressful.

My question is, does anyone have an idea how to get them to stop sending me these catalogs that I have never ordered?

Thanks for your advice.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 02 Jul 2015 22:20 #258516

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
here is some info www.usa.gov/telemarketing#item-35222

If you contact unscrupulous companies, they may send you more since they know they have a live customer.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes