Welcome, Guest

Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem !
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 14608 Views

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 26 Apr 2015 07:44 #253106

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Hi there!!

I just read the first few posts from your, it's amazing!!

Thanks for contributing to this awesome site!!

KOMT brother!! One day at a time!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 26 Apr 2015 08:09 #253107

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
It's funny because I began to read your thread also few days ago !

Thank you very much for your kind words ! Probably the best way to begin the day
I'm touched that you're part of this now and I'm impatient to hear about your words of wisdom and advices !

As you said, let's do it one day at time !

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 29 Apr 2015 20:46 #253460

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
Hi my dear friends,

I don't know why but I'm encountering some difficulties to post regularly here and strangely I'm more likely to follow and comment other posts and threads. Maybe another thing I need to mediate on..

Anyway B"H no slips to report but unfortunately I didn't search for so much recovery things in the same way..
Sunday I ask my Rav, the one I told about the problem few month ago, if I could call him during the day if I ecountered some hard time and he told me it would be a pleasure. I didn't call him but I'm hoping it's mooving on the good way !

I also tried to start again my daily talking to Hachem before going to sleep. The inovation is that I try to speak less, like 2mn, to be more regular. And I try to begin with the positive things of the journey because I know that these are the things I always switch, don't know why..

Something more, Hachem gave me a big gift Monday. I'm use to work hard all day to prepare exams, and that for 3 years now. I take some break during the journey, and I my used to go for checking some questions-answers of Rabanim or little chiurim during this break. But now I feel I want to take a Sefer by myself, even if I study only one Mishna a day. I'm "fed up" to only learn by sitting in front of a screen and just taking taking taking. I want to put some effort in this for real and the GYE friends and work are surely part of this !

So thank you all and hoping to see you very soon in Yeroushalaim !
And maybe we could organize a Minyan there for Maariv tonight ? Who is part of it ?

Anw thank you so much !

Yossef
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2015 20:47 by Palti-Yossef.

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 30 Apr 2015 01:06 #253494

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Sounds like your doing well to me! Definitely update your thread more, so we can hear about your experience strength and hope!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 30 Apr 2015 11:21 #253539

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Thanks for sharing!!

It's interesting, I also have a bit of a hard time finding things to write in my own thread! Maybe it's because I don't want to have to be honest....

Regarding talking to Hashem, it is one of my favorite tools!! I would like to suggest though that you specifically try to also include things about your life that are not connected to this area in your "discussion".

As it is mentioned here a lot, our problem is not lust, lust is our solution to life, and just as importantly as we are teaching ourselves to include Hashem in this battle, we need to also teach ourselves to include Him in the rest of our life, if not, then we are just keeping all the triggers and getting ourselves into sticky situations!!

KUTGW!! KOMT!!! KOP!!!!!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 01 May 2015 07:58 #253639

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you so much for your encouragements !

Yes Pidaini, as you mentioned, I found myself not talking so much of lust, sometimes it's just some words, I focus on my relationship with family and the fact to surrender my will to Hachem's One.

One exemple, yesterday I planned to study 30mn of Guemara Artscroll after dinner and before maariv. But I ended my revisions a little later than it was planned and I spend dinner time with my parents so it lasted longer also. I pray maariv 30mn later than I planned to (beyah'id) and without studying. At the end of tefila I didn't go for sadeness and blaming myself because I hadn't studied as I would have done before. I just took the Guemara and studied 5 little mins. The pleasure was and is still undescriptible. I made this reflection : I didn't studied my 30mn but I studied His 5mn.
Wanted to share that with you.

Thank you for your support and hope everyone will have a great Chabat !
Last Edit: 01 May 2015 08:01 by Palti-Yossef.

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 01 May 2015 14:35 #253656

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
That's great! Missing the 25mn was not planned and already passed, but getting down because of it, could be much worse, since as we all know, all sorts of nasty things can happen when we are down. And you are right, 5mn of learning is special to Hashem too!
Keep on posting and have a great Shabbos.
SG
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 03 May 2015 11:46 #253731

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
Hi all,
I had a very precious Chabbes with a lot of reflections and I want to share with you some of the problems I'm encountering frequently.
I'll try to be concise:

First, I've got a big big big problem with judging Lekaf Zekhut. After reflection I think it may be due to 2 reasons : - as I'm very shy I try to find reason to explain why I don't go to others.
- as I'm often very strict and no so often proud of myself, maybe this way of thinking reflects in my perception of others. I think the first one is more predominant.
Anyway it is very oppressive, a lot more than lust thoughts. Before even noticing it I found myself noticing the smallest bad details about someone. After that I enter in a big intern conversation to find all the good details to counter this but this is very exhausting and I don't know what to do about that. Maybe go for more tefilot on the subject.. Need your advices on that..

Second, B"H I often find myself making personal tefilot to HKB"H and this is definitely a big 'Hessed from Him. So I'm use to speak to Hachem more like a father, with not so much manners. This is a problem when I have to concentrate myself during tefila, especially chmona esrei, and think to Hachem as Melekh Malkhei Hmlakhim.. Is someone has an advice on this point too ?

I hope it was clear and that everybody spent good Chabbes. Thank you for constant help here.

PS : thank you yiraishamaim for you kind words in an other post. There were very appreciated and will be meditate.
Last Edit: 03 May 2015 11:47 by Palti-Yossef.

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 06 May 2015 07:04 #253999

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
Hi there,

I have to post to break the ice here and to tell you that B"H everything is fine.
Not fine as I use to want like perfection, but I try to be better every day.
Today I try to use the one day at time motto in chmona esrei, it was "one brakha at time" an I was proud of the result because those days tefila wasn't so easy so it permitted me to renew a little the way I pray.

Going back to university also helped me lot, seems like a big weight is out of my shoulders now. I try to ask people for tefilin and to speak about Torah with a SMILING face.
I also try to at least post 1 answer or words of encouragement every day.

Thank you all for this new life, hoping everybody will have a great day of preparation to the Lag Baomer !

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 07 May 2015 21:58 #254135

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
Damn, today was hard, especially at the end. Glad it is now bedtime.
Hoping to take the time to explain you what I feel right know.

Thank you anw

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 09 May 2015 21:58 #254193

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
Don't have so much time, just here to say :

LEH'AÏM !

Thank you everyone for everything.

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 12 May 2015 18:31 #254480

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
Today was hard. I don't even want to describe it. Seems that from the day I reached the 90 streak, one day is equal to 10.
Things need to moove on.
I wanna be a good person, I'll do what's necessary to.

Thanks for being there
Last Edit: 12 May 2015 18:31 by Palti-Yossef.

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 12 May 2015 20:29 #254508

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Try to appreciate each day!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 12 May 2015 20:31 #254509

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
oh and mazel tOV!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Beginning the real 'Avodat Hachem ! 13 May 2015 16:22 #254586

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov Palti! 90 days, in 90 ways, I say 90 ways, because the yetzer Harah, is always trying new ways to get us to fall. Boruch Hachem, you got to 90 days. The yetzer harah is getting nervous. Palti is messing up his plans. He may try harder, but so will you! Best of hatzlakha to continue till 36500 days (another 100 years). It's not so long if you think about it. One day at a time. day.. day..
P.S. No matter what happens, nothing can take away the fact that you have stayed clean for (over) 90 days.
P.P.S. Thank you for all of the hizuk that you always give to everyone else all of the time.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes