Welcome, Guest

Rookie Contibutor
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Rookie Contibutor 4720 Views

Re: Rookie Contibutor 14 May 2015 21:41 #254756

• cordnoy
my question was based on your previous post where you wrote to avoid inevitable situations of fallin'....well, as of now, "life" is an inevitable situation of fallin'.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Rookie Contibutor 14 May 2015 22:08 #254759

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Please Hashem give me back my Neshama
You're right that I misunderstood you intention but yet my responses challenge you're premise. Yes, a life in which you are compelled to do all of the things that folks out there are doing, and don't have the freedom to live in a way that's safer, then you're right. But I challenged that.

Re: Rookie Contibutor 15 May 2015 00:27 #254772

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
what a "coincidence." I went to the bank today and did a lot better. perfect no- but a lot better.

Re: Rookie Contibutor 15 May 2015 03:55 #254780

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
yiraishamaim wrote:
I enjoyed reading some of my old posts on this thread. Can't believe I such an am haretz just a few months ago? guess you live and learn especially on this forum.

I was upset today. I went to the bank and "that" teller was there.
This time the ATM machine was not enough and a live teller was necessary.
Well, having to look straight at an attractive teller - who is by no means following our laws of tznius - until the banking deal was over - can be challenging.

I should have done better than I did

Be thankful.
I frequent many banks, and I still haven't found an attractive teller.
And i never end up sittin' next to a woman on a plane either

Probably it is because God knows there is no way I could handle it.

Yeah our personal nisyonos are hand picked by the Almighty. And I didn't exactly pass that one with flying colors.

cordnoy if I'm correct you have some a significant streak of sobriety - that definitely had to come along with a number of nisyonos, so maybe you "could handle it".(not that we want to be tested)

Re: Rookie Contibutor 15 May 2015 09:51 #254786

• cordnoy
yiraishamaim wrote:
cordnoy wrote:
yiraishamaim wrote:
I enjoyed reading some of my old posts on this thread. Can't believe I such an am haretz just a few months ago? guess you live and learn especially on this forum.

I was upset today. I went to the bank and "that" teller was there.
This time the ATM machine was not enough and a live teller was necessary.
Well, having to look straight at an attractive teller - who is by no means following our laws of tznius - until the banking deal was over - can be challenging.

I should have done better than I did

Be thankful.
I frequent many banks, and I still haven't found an attractive teller.
And i never end up sittin' next to a woman on a plane either

Probably it is because God knows there is no way I could handle it.

Yeah our personal nisyonos are hand picked by the Almighty. And I didn't exactly pass that one with flying colors.

cordnoy if I'm correct you have some a significant streak of sobriety - that definitely had to come along with a number of nisyonos, so maybe you "could handle it".(not that we want to be tested)

"Had," not "have."

An ordinary work place setting would be a direct path to failure. ....certainly a type of situation spoken about above.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Rookie Contibutor 15 May 2015 15:11 #254810

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
K - Hatzlocho - miracles have happened/keep happening to our chevra here.

I pray that Hashem sends you one soon- tailored made for your personal challenges.

Re: Rookie Contibutor 03 Jun 2015 05:48 #255931

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
In the newest edition of Jewish Action magazine Rabbi Yitzchak Breitowitz writes a truly brilliant and informative article titled "When Leaders Fail"

One paragraph particularly caught my attention and thought you guys may also appreciate it.

In fact, I'd go as far to say this was tailor made for us in the forum.

He writes:" ...the malchut of the Jewish nation was assigned to the Tribe of Yehuda rather than the Tribe of Yosef. One thought that appears with some frequency in sifei chassidut and kabbalah focuses on the different ways these two personalities respond to temptation. Yosef successfully rises above sin, simply defeats it;"just says no." We stand in awe of his moral perfection and spiritual strength.
Yehuda,on the other hand, succumbs to temptation in a moment of weakness as his descendant Dovid HaMelech does later. He fails, but through sincere and honest teshuvahand by taking responsibility for his misdeeds, he is forgiven.
G-D wanted us to fully appreciate the awesome power of teshuvah to elevate and purify and thus chose the ba'al teshuvah over the tzaddik gamur.

G-D's message is one of hope, recovery and resilience."
Last Edit: 03 Jun 2015 05:50 by yiraishamaim.

Re: Rookie Contibutor 03 Jun 2015 13:06 #255949

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for posting that. Brilliant stuff, as usual, from Rabbi Berkowitz.
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: Rookie Contibutor 03 Jun 2015 13:23 #255950

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks, note: Rabbi Breitowitz

Re: Rookie Contibutor 03 Jun 2015 13:28 #255951

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Woops. That's what I get for reading this on my iPad. I should look into his stuff.
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: Rookie Contibutor 03 Jun 2015 16:15 #255963

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah - he is a rare combination of true goodness and brilliance.

He's now at Or Sameach in Israel

Re: Rookie Contibutor 03 Jun 2015 16:26 #255964

I guess we can never be Yosef again but at least I know that Yehuda is also a great path to kedusha.
Yehuda's path requires a level of humility and honesty that is a leadership quality.
In Yishtabach we say about HKBH, Kedusha UMalchus. I wonder if those refer to the set of maalos of Kedusha of Yosef and the humility and honesty of Yehuda.
May we be zoicheh!

Re: Rookie Contibutor 03 Jun 2015 17:39 #255970

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
you know the whole concept of Yehuda and malchus is interesting and not alien to sinning/humility/admission of guilt and efforts to improve.
Remember Yehuda and Tamar and how Yehuda admitted what had happened. David Hamelech and bat sheva - as Rabbi Breitowitz said.

Yoseph's malchus does not have the kiyum of malchus beis Dovid. the same with mashiach ben yoseph as oppossed to Mashiach ben Dovid - while these concepts may be a tad above us it does show that our way of doing Teshuva and then reaching for great heights can truly bring to great accomplishment.

That's a motivation based on Toras Emes!

Re: Rookie Contibutor 03 Jun 2015 22:21 #255990

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I really appreciated this. Thank you.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes