Welcome, Guest

Time and time again
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time and time again 884 Views

Time and time again 24 Nov 2014 20:47 #243992

• moopsy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
I have started and re-started the 90-day program for weeks now. I have not gotten past 8 days! I'm getting very discouraged...
I don't know what to do...
I'm starting to believe that I cannot be free of this :-(

Re: Time and time again 24 Nov 2014 21:24 #243999

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
what do you mean by the 90 day "program"? What is the program? How do you do it?

Re: Time and time again 24 Nov 2014 23:41 #244018

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
Dont despair! One of the best pieces of advice that i picked up from other gye users is that in this lifelong battle, you need to focus and only take it one day/ moment at a time. The past is done and can't be changed, other than of course doing teshuva, and there's no point in worrying about tomorrows battles. Of course you should plan ahead for how you will deal with future nisyonos, but dont focus on staying clean for the next 90 years, because that is an impossible feat. Focus on winning TODAYS battles, because that is in your ability. KOMT!

Re: Time and time again 25 Nov 2014 00:12 #244023

• moopsy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
@Gibor120
You know, the one where you're clean for 90 days.
Unless your question was rhetorical in which case it didn't help...
So, perhaps you can elaborate.
Last Edit: 25 Nov 2014 00:13 by moopsy. Reason: Wanted to be more specific

Re: Time and time again 25 Nov 2014 01:22 #244028

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I was prodding a bit. You say that you were on the "90 day program". However, 90 days is not a program at all. It's just a number of clean days. What did you do for your sobriety during those days? If you are simply trying to hold out for 90 days in the hope that it will transform you.... well, many have found out the hard way, that it does not. It may be a good jump start, or motivation, or something, BUT, if that is it, just a goal of 90, from what I've seen, it doesn't help that much.

Take recovery "actions", and without counting you will surpass 90, and you may not even notice. Focusing on the number can be a distraction from working on recovery.

Make sense?

Re: Time and time again 25 Nov 2014 02:05 #244038

• cordnoy
Welcome,
To echo what Gibbor was sayin'....90 days is not a tool...it is a streak of days.
Streaks begin and streaks end.
Ask cal jr.
ask lou g and others.
programs or tools are activities that we do to better ourselves...some for that moment, some for the future.

but it all depends on what the issue is.

b'hatzlachah.....for right now, and for the next moment.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Time and time again 25 Nov 2014 03:33 #244050

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
moopsy wrote:
I have started and re-started the 90-day program for weeks now. I have not gotten past 8 days! I'm getting very discouraged...
I don't know what to do...
I'm starting to believe that I cannot be free of this :-(

Wow it's been weeks and you've already got to 8 days! Amazing! It took me many months of hard work to get 8 days clean, so you're doing better than me already.

Please don't be discouraged. It's hard. Then again, it wouldn't be worth as much if it wasn't hard.
Last Edit: 25 Nov 2014 03:34 by Watson.

Re: Time and time again 25 Nov 2014 03:59 #244054

• ineedchizuk
  • Gold Boarder
Shalom aleichem, Moopsy!

Yup, there ain't no shortcuts, and it ain't easy.

I actually did the 90 days, and then at some point thereafter started slipping down (haven't really got on solid ground yet :-( )

So my hard lesson was that yes, the 90 days did jumpstart the process for me personally somewhat. But once I became complacent and stopped seeing it as a struggle, one moment at a time, boom. I got knocked right back down.

So please don't think a gimmick will do the job. When the experienced chevra here speak of the 'program', they're usually referring to the some forms of 12 step program.

Take them seriously. Hard work pays off.

Wishing you much siyata dishmaya on your journey.
Last Edit: 25 Nov 2014 04:02 by ineedchizuk.

Re: Time and time again 25 Nov 2014 05:25 #244069

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
WELCOME!!!!!

Check out the GYE Handbook and Skep's tips

Let's just concentrate on Today shall we? There is a lot of time in one day for us to concentrate our efforts. A whole 24 hours!

Have you heard the term: One day at a time?
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
Last Edit: 25 Nov 2014 05:26 by dms1234.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes