Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: V'kum 5553 Views

Re: V'kum 08 Sep 2014 21:13 #239094

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Gibor wrote:
cordnoy, stuff in sleep really gets to me. It's a real momentum killer. I feel like if I were better at controlling my thoughts during the day, it wouldn't happen at night... It isn't so easy to dismiss, for me anyway.

If you agree that the issue is your thoughts during the day, why do you concern yourself with what happens at night, when you're sleeping and have no control? There's probably a good mashal for this, but it escapes me at the moment.
You know what the root of the problem is. Try to work on that. Don't worry about the symptoms that come along.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: V'kum 08 Sep 2014 23:53 #239119

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Chill, take a deep breath. Just concentrate on today even right now!

If you don't have much time to read check out these quick tips: Check out: Skep's tips
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: V'kum 09 Sep 2014 00:46 #239129

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
gibor wrote (which scares me a bit, because that only means the YH is gathering his forces and waiting for the best time to attack).

Hi Gibor i have been reading your forum . Wish you Hatzlacha on your journey.

I don't think that fearing the YH is productive. you may be giving him much power than what it really has. making changes in how you will handle your life from no on is very productive . by staying calm while trusting Hashem to dismantle the YH while you give Him your worries, stresses , and all that hurts. By accepting calmly whatever life throws at you and releasing it to Hashems care. Moshe Rabenu said :ה ילחם לכם ואתם תחרישון Bene Yisrael were in a state of horror when they saw Paraoh approaching by Yam Suf . and he said you keep quite and calm while Hashem will take care of those bad forces . If you are fighting by yourself , there is what to fear from the YH . but you are staying still and quite and Letting G.od. Behatzlacha !! and welcome to this wonderful site

Re: V'kum 09 Sep 2014 00:50 #239130

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
oops i meant Hi Vkum and welcome

Re: V'kum 16 Sep 2014 01:41 #239632

• Gibor
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks everyone for your support and for the links. I appreciate it. I have been so busy lately that I haven't even had time to come here and answer. But, please keep on writing it really helps alot!

newaction, it's a great attitude. But it's easier said than done. I get how that works before going to battle. But, once your in the heat of battle, I don't see how I could possibly do that...

Anyway, BH so far so good. I've matched my previous streak without too many challenges. G-d willing, it will continue this way. Forever, one day at a time.
.איזהו גבור? הכובש את יצרו

I'm staying clean forever ... one day at a time.

!שבע יפול צדיק ... וקם Everyone falls, but only the צדיקים get up again!

Re: V'kum 16 Sep 2014 02:22 #239634

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
Gibor
newaction, it's a great attitude. But it's easier said than done. I get how that works before going to battle. But, once your in the heat of battle, I don't see how I could possibly do that...
And thats exactly why we take it a day at a time. You're right. Looking at recovery as a massive entity is REALLY overwhelming but we don't need to. One day at a time works great!

IF you practise staying calm throughout the day, when times are good, then what times are not as good, it is easier to stay calm because that is your natural reaction!

Stop underestimating yourself. You have incredible potential. Take a deep breath and concentrate on what you can do NOW!

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: V'kum 21 Sep 2014 05:38 #239997

• Gibor
  • Fresh Boarder
BH day 24!! I can't remember the last time, I've been clean for this long! I can only chalk it up to all of your support and help. (being busy with the pre-Rosh Hashonah rush doesn't hurt either:) ) All of your support and advice has been a big help, more than you know.

What are some tips to stay motivated? Right now, it isn't an issue, but I am worried that with time, the old mantras become stale.

- I'm staying clean forever, one day at a time.

Re: V'kum 21 Sep 2014 06:52 #240003

• cordnoy
Gibor wrote:
cordnoy, stuff in sleep really gets to me. It's a real momentum killer. I feel like if I were better at controlling my thoughts during the day, it wouldn't happen at night... It isn't so easy to dismiss, for me anyway.

Sorry I never responded back, but Big Moish (above) said what I was gonna say.
I wouldn't mess with him if I were you.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: V'kum 21 Sep 2014 06:57 #240004

Gibor wrote:
whenzaidywasyoung,

I like the way you put it. Clear and simple. What if I take (selfish) pleasure in giving her what she wants? How does that fit into the equation?

Thanks

It's probably some sort of lusting as well, but if your focus is on her and not yourself, let us chalk up that 'selfish pleasure' as enjoyment and bonding and love, etc., and we will not be too concerned about it.

Keep up the good work and may God bless you with continued success....one day at a time.
Last Edit: 21 Sep 2014 07:04 by WhenZaidyWasYoung.

Re: V'kum 28 Sep 2014 06:24 #240369

• Gibor
  • Fresh Boarder
30 days and counting!! B"H I can't believe it's been a month already. It was a little tough on Shabbos, I think I slipped a little in terms of looking at my wife with lust. Plus, I was walking in the street and there some not-so-tznius ladies... But it stopped there, so BH I am still clean.

Re: V'kum 28 Sep 2014 10:55 #240381

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KOMT!!!!!

Re: V'kum 28 Sep 2014 22:04 #240422

• Gibor
  • Fresh Boarder
HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP! I almost slipped just now. I had a big fight with the wife today about ... (it's only been almost two weeks, am I really asking too much? but she's not in the mood and would rather spend time on her phone)
I figured out a way to get around my internet filter and typed in.... and as it was loading I closed it and came here. What should I do??? I know the YH is coming back (even on a fast day, that bastard has no limits!)... I don't want to ruin everything (again). Any advice is welcome on how to keep him away

Re: V'kum 28 Sep 2014 22:14 #240423

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
WHOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DEEEEEEEEP BREEEAAATHHH!!!!! IN AND OUT!

Re: V'kum 28 Sep 2014 22:19 #240425

• Gibor
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks, but I don't think breathing is going to help

Re: V'kum 28 Sep 2014 22:26 #240426

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
It sure will! Because it calms you down! Right now you are on a high, a lust high. And you are going crazy! Your mind is twirling right now!

You need to take a chill pill! No, not drugs. But a good ole deep breath!

Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes