Welcome, Guest

My 90-Day Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My 90-Day Journey 25038 Views

Re: My 90-Day Journey 22 May 2014 21:02 #232325

• cordnoy
Machshovo Tova wrote:
cordnoy wrote:
Good morning,

My name is Avrom and I am an addict.

I am addicted to lust.

I have been for over 30 years.

I am powerless over my thoughts.

Possible trigger...

For the past 150 days, that thought is not allowed to penetrate any further...period! whatsoever. There are several methods used and none of them involves biochemistry or psycho-analogy or hypnotism...

Thanks for sharing. Interestingly, just a moment ago someone shared on Duvid Chaim's call a vort from sefer mogen dovid on the mishna in perek avos -
דע מה למעלה ממך עין רואה
That when you encounter a sight which triggers you, you need to realize that it was sent to you from the One Above so that you should nip it in the bud, and this way it will not grow into a full-blown act of lust.

Hatzlacha

MT

Probably true...and everythin' is God-sent.

But that line of thinkin' doesn't work for me....it will just create thoughts of why is He doin' this to me? Extra desires? And all other questions.

I don't care whp did it to me.....it's my mission to nip it in the bud.....that is if I wanna live.

thanks

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 22 May 2014 22:21 #232330

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow... I sign off for a few hours and come back to a miniature SA meeting on my thread Thanks!

There's definitely way too much to comment on right now; I have to read through everything you wrote carefully. Sufficed to say that I'm still clean, and everything you guys mentioned rings true.

Just to clarify: I consider myself powerless over this thing, and I'm pretty squarely in Step 1. The whole biochemical thing is not an excuse, and not something that I think can be beaten. I know this might differ from the thinking of a lot guys here, but I do not differentiate between science and Torah; it's all from HaShem. Seeing my issue in terms of the biochemistry at play does not preclude that HaShem controls everything and exists as the Master of Creation.

That debate -- if it is one at all -- is off topic here. But what matters is that I come off as powerless and accepting in the language of my posts (and everyday conversation), which apparently, I am not doing. So apologies and thank you! I definitely realize that I'm powerless over my addiction, that, in fact, it is a full-blown addiction and not just a, well, hobby, and that only through HaShem can I stay clean.
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.
Last Edit: 22 May 2014 22:25 by TalmidChaim.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 24 May 2014 00:32 #232374

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm still clean going into Shabbos today. A lot of hectic preparation today, and not home alone... So no isolation, and no idle time. That combination definitely works, but like others have said, the root of the problem still needs to be addressed.

As for all of the helpful comments yesterday, I can only say that all of you are 100% right, and make very valid points. Just meditating on everyone's advice, even if I'm not capable of understanding it yet, is proving to be a very effective exercise in and of itself. So, again, thank you!

Gut Shabbos!

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.
Last Edit: 24 May 2014 00:33 by TalmidChaim.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 25 May 2014 14:51 #232389

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm still clean. Being busy and having guests definitely helped, but I'm also riding a little sobriety high at the moment. That's a nice feeling.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 25 May 2014 17:06 #232392

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Enjoy it, but be careful because I find that the moment that "high" feeling gets just a little "lower" I find myself desiring a lot.

We have to remember that sobriety is about not acting out, not about great feelings!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: My 90-Day Journey 25 May 2014 17:20 #232395

Pidaini wrote:
Enjoy it, but be careful because I find that the moment that "high" feeling gets just a little "lower" I find myself desiring a lot.

We have to remember that sobriety is about not acting out, not about great feelings!!

Yeah, like a disgruntled Shana Rishona-nik once told me: "You get married and you're riding on a cloud. But then you fall down flat on your face."

So I guess the trick in all cases is to keep a proper balance as we walk the tightrope.

Hatzlacha

MT
Last Edit: 25 May 2014 17:50 by Machshovo Tova.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 25 May 2014 17:48 #232398

• cordnoy
Pidaini wrote:

A telling sentence.

Sobriety is about "not actin' out."

That might be even if one is strugglin' wit it, but nevertheless, it's still sobriety.

Important note to remember in recovery.

b'hatzlachah

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: My 90-Day Journey 25 May 2014 19:31 #232401

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Good points, all of them! Measured enthusiasm, and keeping everything in check. I will be reminding myself of that, definitely, going forward. As usual, thanks!

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 25 May 2014 23:47 #232415

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree with everyone BUT there must be a disclaimer. Just Becuase you are on a high today doesn't mean you have to be worried or scared about a low tomorrow. So be carful with being careful.

In fact don't even worry or fret. (There should be a concern that there is potential for you to act out but this shouldn't make you worry)
Just live life and be happy!
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: My 90-Day Journey 26 May 2014 07:21 #232430

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks DMS. Still happy, and still clean B"H.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 26 May 2014 17:29 #232450

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Still clean, and approaching 7 days -- my modest but ever so allusive clean-streak "best". I'm learning, as others have told me, that grandiose goals are a poor substitute for just living day by day, or at times, minute by minute. And I've been doing that.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.
Last Edit: 26 May 2014 17:31 by TalmidChaim.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 26 May 2014 18:24 #232455

• cordnoy
Great
Thanks for the constant updates.
We are watchin' and are elated with your progress.
It seems that you have the right mindset.
Keep it up!

b'hatzlachah

Re: My 90-Day Journey 26 May 2014 20:41 #232470

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for reading my constant updates. Like I said, you guys are all pure inspiration! I know I can't do it without you and HaShem

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.
Last Edit: 26 May 2014 20:42 by TalmidChaim.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 26 May 2014 22:03 #232478

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Keep up the great work!!!

and please do keep up the updates!!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: My 90-Day Journey 27 May 2014 16:46 #232514

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Tuesday morning, and still clean. This day in the streak is where I traditionally have some problems holding it together. Seven days is my current streak, and I've been falling shy of that goal, lately, by a day or two. So I'm going to stay especially on guard today, and really beseech HaShem to help me through.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.
Last Edit: 27 May 2014 16:46 by TalmidChaim.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes