Welcome, Guest

Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 4878 Views

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 08 Jan 2014 12:32 #226298

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
gevaldig with hashem around its much easier KOT you give gr8 amount of chizuk with your posts

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Jan 2014 20:23 #226406

• sirclean
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Senior Boarder
What I don't understand is that when i'm living with Hashem and constantly thinking about how everything comes from him it's smooth sailing. But how about on a down day? How do we stop the Y"h from taking control?

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Jan 2014 20:31 #226409

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
call a friend and ask him to remind you.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 17 Jan 2014 19:58 #226646

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
I can't believe it. I fell again. I'm so disappointed. Why can't I get any momentum. It's so disappointing. More details to follow.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 17 Jan 2014 22:27 #226658

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Don't worry about momentum. Worry about today. No amount of "momentum" will help you in a weak moment. I once had a "streak" of over 200 days as a bachur. In one weak moment it all came crashing down even though I was so proud of my "momentum". Even though I knew that by acting out I was giving up my "streak".

Really, "streaks" and "momentum" do not help when it counts.

I wish you all the best. Keep on Truckin! Have a good Shabbos!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 20 Jan 2014 12:32 #226714

• yehoshua
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
Momentum schmentum. 15 minutes of being sober... Just 15 minutes.

This day by day is really important, because of the nature of this sickness. I mean I have it, I am not saying you do. But I do have it. And one day at a time seems the only way to go.
Gibbor can do so many lifts only cos he starts new every time. Actually he is doing just the one lift. Look at him, just look. Absolutelly no muscle, nothing... How can it be!???

It is the one lift.

All the best to you sirclean.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Feb 2014 03:14 #227547

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
I wanted to quit. But I didn't.

I wanted to just give up. But I got up.

The last month has been a deep bottomless pit of depression. I was accosted by regrets from the past. I utilized every means of escape possible to free myself. Obviously that doesn't work and pulls your deeper into the abyss. It is time to instead of hiding in the pleasure room of the house of pain I have created with my actions, to simply walk out of it instead. The big question of course is, Ma NishtanA?

Pragmatically speaking I really am throwing myself into the steps this time. Also, even though the site is called guard your eyes and I don't want to stray from that theme,I really thing my just "freeing myself" of lust while continuing all the other reality escaping behavior I use is pointless. I want to focus Ib the root.

It's great to be back! Thanks everyone for your continuing support!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Feb 2014 07:19 #227555

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Welcome Back!!!

It's great that you had the courage to come back!!

What's it mean "throwing myself into the steps"? What are you going to be doing?

Keep us posted by KOP!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes