Welcome, Guest

Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 4881 Views

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 09 Dec 2013 20:42 #224677

• sirclean
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Senior Boarder
Rabosai. I had a groise fall. I'm so distraught. I feel so pathetic. I can't talk now. I"yh come back later with a battle plan. Please I need chizuk desperately.I need to nip it in the bud.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 09 Dec 2013 21:01 #224679

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I'm sorry to hear that. Talking to someone who understands may help you feel better.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 09 Dec 2013 23:53 #224688

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
Ok, so B"h I have a shtickel of a plan. First of,I refuse to let this get me down. My job right now is to be clean right now, not last night. What shachus does that have to now? Nothing, nada. Last night its over.My hashkafa is that one day at a time is a way to stay focused. Today is my goal nothing more. Also on a practical level I'm going to make sure that I'm not alone with internet for the night. Please Hashem I beg you! Gibbor, I'd course you're right. I'm thinking about a sponsor or someone to chat with. We'll see. Chazak!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Dec 2013 02:11 #224694

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
sirclean wrote:
Gibbor, I'd course you're right. I'm thinking about a sponsor or someone to chat with. We'll see. Chazak!
Don't "see" - ACT (Just like in the commercials - "Act now before it's too late, oh and tell them that gibbor sent you for an additional discount" ). If it's the right thing to do, what is stopping you?
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2013 02:13 by gibbor120.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Dec 2013 03:58 #224697

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Any insights into what lead to your fall? that might help you be able to avoid it next time.

It is certainly ODAAT, but we need to learn from our falls to teach us about ourselves so we can indeed do the right thing TODAY!!

KOT chabibi!!! KOMT!!!!! The Battle is no where near over!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Dec 2013 06:49 #224700

• sib101854
  • Current streak: 4047 days
  • Platinum Boarder
One day at a time strikes me as a far better plan than a grandiose idea of going cold turkey.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Dec 2013 07:33 #224707

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
I think my falling had a mixture of ego, weakness and access to it. Meaning, I thought I was doing so well plus the yetzerhara making me feel weaker and weaker (cognitive dissonance) plus being somewhere that didn't have a filter equals bad matzav.

SIBI,I am going going cold turkey but just for today. And Gibbor seriously. I'm acting.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Dec 2013 08:08 #224708

• sib101854
  • Current streak: 4047 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I wouldn't even use the term cold turkey- try this mehalech-just work at the wonderful Mitzvah of Kedoshim Tihiyu one day at a time.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Dec 2013 09:32 #224710

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
sirclean wrote:
SIBI,I am going going cold turkey but just for today. And Gibbor seriously. I'm acting.
great!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 10 Dec 2013 23:42 #224769

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
sirclean shlita. we all feel with u and know what your going through ist not easy but a big stepping stone it teaches us that this is a full time battle. hashem sometimes is waiting to see how we respond to a fall if we continue its a sign were in the battle if we cant get up and move on its a sign we are just busy with ourselves and our own ego and גאווה but holding on is the name of the game so chazak to you for keeping strong KUTGW be'simcha

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 13 Dec 2013 23:43 #224953

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
shgoyach dd. So I'm bh ok but I'm still trying to find my stride. Before the fall I mamash was trucking; my shmiras euenayim had never Been better. Now....let's just say it's a struggle. I know I have to get back to that level its just seems impossible. Good Shabbos Rabosai!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 15 Dec 2013 02:11 #224964

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
What was, was. We aren't where we were, we are as we are now.

What does Hashem want from you the way you are now, not on the level that you were and not on the level you are "supposed" to be?

That is ODAAT, there is only today, what do I need to do the way I am today?

KOT!!! Hashem loves you exactly the way you are right now!!! KOMT!!!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 16 Dec 2013 06:13 #225031

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
Rabbosai unfortunately I have fallen again. it pains me so much to write this. More details to follow but for now I'll just say that I looked at some things I wasn't supposed to. I pursued it. In ashamed.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 16 Dec 2013 12:32 #225037

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Fell Shmell!!!!!! It's gone, not here anymore. the only thing that is relevant is

What are you doing about next time?!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 16 Dec 2013 21:24 #225051

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
First off I'm getting sober and breaking my I've day at a time mantra. Sobering up and being lust free for three days is imperative to get your head straight. So let's start with that. ...
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes