Welcome, Guest

The Road to Lizhensk
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The Road to Lizhensk 17189 Views

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 02 Jul 2013 20:07 #211016

why neveilah? he didnt get away from the shochet!
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 03 Jul 2013 00:03 #211039

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
gibbor120 wrote:
You mean OM? I was reminded of him too. Anyone speak to him lately?

I'm in touch with him by email every now and then. I emailed him that the Oilam is asking for him (and we're hungry). Here's his reply:

Hello,
isn't this nice! Just last night I was sharing my mesquite arctic char recipe with a fellow struggler which, in turn, reminded me of my kitchen up in GYE. Please give my love to everyone there. In fact, you're welcome to repost my last night's dinner:
1. arctic char: sprinkle the fillet with sea salt, freshly ground tri-color peppercorns, and mesquite BBQ rub.
Place skin-side down on a well oiled pan in the oven pre-heated to 500 degrees. Roast at 500 for 5 min. Lower the oven temp to 250, keep the fish in the oven for seven to ten minutes longer. This technique will crisp up the skin and create a crust that will keep the fish moist.
2. Whole-wheat pasta with tomato-basil-mushroom sauce. Tomatoes and basil both came from my garden, but you can buy an organic variety in the store.
Stew diced tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and onions until fully done. Salt generously. add coarsely chopped fresh basil and black pepper.
Cook pasta to desired doneness according to the directions on the package. Drain and mix with hot sauce.
3. Fresh garden salad: freshly picked lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion. Mash avocado, a bit of olive oil, generous splash of apple cider or rice vinegar, salt, pepper to taste. Dress the salad with avo-mixture.
I gave up drinking, so no wine paring this time, sorry.

I'll be twenty-three months sober tomorrow, please G-d. Working part-time, looking for more. Wife and kids are doing well. Der Eibershter is very kind to me, indeed.
Kol tuv,
Mottel
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 03 Jul 2013 00:14 #211041

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Thanks, send him our love. Maybe he can pop in to say hello.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 03 Jul 2013 00:44 #211045

i dont know this guy but can he make me supper?
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 03 Jul 2013 00:52 #211048

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
you can knock on the two-way-swinging-doors of his kitchen
guardyoureyes.com/forum/23-Just-Having-Fun/123994-OMottels-Kitchen
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 03 Jul 2013 16:21 #211091

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
His food sounds way too gourmet for the rebbe's tisch...
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 06 Jul 2013 23:00 #211380

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, shabbos is interesting in general. On one hand, its easier (those who r married know what im talking about) and on the other hand shemiras einayim is so much harder with everyone dressed up.

But, i passed, not with flying colors, but i passed. So, im up to day 12.
ROCKING AND ROLLING!!!
thats the new lizhensk line, i told you to forget barditchev, didnt I?
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 07 Jul 2013 11:58 #211389

for passing!

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 07 Jul 2013 17:03 #211409

• cordnoy
Keep it up

I'm married and I find shabbos somewhat more difficult (might depend on muttar or assur). There is much more down time.

It might also depend in what type of neighborhood you live in.

I, for instance, have more issues with the non-jews than the dressed up jewish woman.

I still trucking along at day 20.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 14 Jul 2013 00:12 #212051

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
hi guys, havent posted in a while. Well, life has been great BARUCH HASHEM.
ive been keeping busy with puzzles (im in middle of 2 right now), so that has been helpful (thanx skep for the idea). Im right now up to day 18 and am feeling great about it. I dont post often on the 90 day, because after speaking to a few experienced GYE'ers i learned that to concentrate on the 90 day chart to heal, will never work (thanx skeptical, dov and Ben Durdaya).
My wife actually let me go to OYNK, OOYNK OINK or whatever u wanna call it meetings, so that was a tremendous chizzuk. I learned a few things there, and hopefully wont need to put them into practice, but i am ready to.
ROCKIN AND ROLLIN!!!
(1+2)x4=3
Last Edit: 15 Jul 2013 18:52 by lizhensk.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 17 Jul 2013 20:21 #212419

hello Hello! heiliger lizhenske rebbe! nice 2 meet u!
אני מאד מוצא את עצמי באותם מילים...
!!בְּיָדְךָ אַפְקִיד רוּחִי - פָּדִיתָה אוֹתִי ה ק-ל אֱמֶת

איך דאנק דיך באשעפער פארן מיך ווייזן דיין העכערע כח

! רק להתחזק בשמחה

א איד דארף זיין פריש, געזונט און משוגע!! -כבתי רמ"ם תקנ"ט

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 24 Jul 2013 13:42 #213287

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
Another day, another test.
That is the life for everyone on this planet. Hashem puts us here to become better people and the only way to become better is for us to pass the tests and the situations that we are put into. My mother-in-law was reading a story in the Ami of last week regarding the the little boy whose whole family had just been murdered by the nazis. (its one of the last stories). When she finished, she asked me how I would've acted if I was that kapo, (for anyone who doesn't know the story, the kapo admits in the story that he should've told the boy to run when the nazis called for him, but he didn't)
I answered that I don't like answering hypothetical questions. Especially, the ones asking what i would have done etc. Hashem in his infinite wisdom did not put me in such a position for a reason. People sometimes ask themselves, if they would've gone through the holocaust, would they have stayed frum. To them I answer, it doesn't make a difference, we are here to make OUR neshamos better in OUR situations. We shouldn't worry about what would've, could've and should've happened.
We (meaning all of us on GYE, and all of us struggling with these issues) are here and have these tests to improve ourselves. If we wouldn't have these issues, there would be no point for our neshamos to be here on Earth. Everyone has their issue that they have to work on. For some its gaavah, for some its sinas chinam, and yes, for a lot, its Shemiras Einayim.
I fell on Monday. Due to the surrounding situations that I was in I fell. The frustrations that were surrounding me were a build-up from the previous 4 days. I let my frustrations get the best of me. I know, that this is my tachlis in life. I can go back to every fall throughout my life and blame it on another situation that was frustrating me, and i bet everybody else on this forum can do the same. I must learn how to control my frustrations. The YH gives us frustrations to confuse us. I must not let him.

I originally was very embarrassed about my fall, evident in the fact that I didn't want to post about it. Today when I came on, I saw a post from Skeptical (If any wacko on here by any chance does not know skeptical, and has not spoken to him, u better start now if you ever want to heal)About his fall. I learned that in order to grow, i must post about my fall to learn for the future.

And now, I turn to all the Tzaddikim on GYE with a question. How do I not let my frustrations get the best of me?

True to my word, I never really concentrated on my count, but now as I fell, I realized I have a new record. Heres a L'chaim to my next count, that will iy"h be my last count Ad Meiah V'esrim.
No Woodford allowed in the Lizhensker Shteeble. It doesn't have a good Hechser. For more information, ask the official Mashgiach of the Lizhensker Shteeble, Tehillimzugger. We only drink Glenlivet XXV.

ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN'
(1+2)x4=3
Last Edit: 24 Jul 2013 13:44 by lizhensk.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 26 Jul 2013 00:03 #213614

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Lizhensk wrote:
How do I not let my frustrations get the best of me?

I think you answered your own question.

Lizhensk wrote:

Hashem in his infinite wisdom did not put me in such a position for no reason.

Realize that everything is from Hashem. He loves you and gave you that situation.

Frustration is when things don't go "my" way. We have a father in heaven who runs everything. Things always go "His" way. If we accept his way, there is no room for frustration. I know it's ESTD (Easier Said Than Done). It is simple to understand but hard to do.

It's what the 12 steps are about, humility, acceptance of G-d's will. The more you focus on this, the less frustrated you will be.
Last Edit: 26 Jul 2013 00:05 by gibbor120.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 03 Aug 2013 22:36 #214850

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi everyone, so that fall that i mentioned ended up happening again on thursday last week That night i went to another OINK meeting and was given major chizzuk, and also some advice on how to deal with outside factors that are causing me to be upset and therefore fall.
Im right now up to a new count, day 9. Hopefully, i will be able to keep the OINK things in mind the niext time these things come up that are making life difficult.

I also learned how coming out can be very helpful in the healing process. Whenever i would tell someone that i fell, i would be embarrassed, but it comes nowhere near to telling 6 people at once, even if i told all of them separately already! When i came out, another OINKer, told me that when i came out, it gave him chizzuk to also come out, even though he was embarrassed, because he saw that when someone comes out, it helps them heal.
ROCKIN AND ROLLIN
(1+2)x4=3

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 17 Aug 2013 22:50 #216435

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi guys! havent posted on here for a while. Anyway, the reasaon is because i was embarrassed. I fell about 4 times since the last time I posted on here.
The last time i fell was last Sunday.
I've since gone to a few OINK meetings in between. The last one, I learned from other members to call another member in time of need. This past Wednesday, I was slipping and sliding. In middle, i thought, "i cant do this, i have to get in touch with someone". I started chatting with Pidaini and BH, he helped me stop.
After giving me chizzuk, he told me that this was a sign of growing, that i was able to get in touch with someone in order to stop.
So after al that, I'm 7 days clean
(1+2)x4=3
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes